We have a gem in George Edmundson

An absolutely brilliant 90 minutes from him. He deserves a run in the side now. A defender who defends first, none of this playing from the back nonsense which is needed at times.

Big Goldson was immense beside him - his best game in a Rangers shirt.

Never saw this coming after Sunday,

Has looked very good when he has been given the chance. A young lad with huge potential and the attributes to go far. But like any raw young player (see Katic) needs to be given time and will make mistakes.

Great performance.
Can we not hype him up too much though ?

He’s young. He’s learning the game. He is going to make mistakes and then you all will lose your shit and decide he’s rubbish again like you did after Hamilton.

The boy had a good game last night. He's got something and hopefully we bring that out. He couldn't have looked any happier when he got back to Glasgow last night. Deserves to keep the Jersey for the weekend.

Both Centre Half’s were superb last night but it’s a totally different game in the SPL & on Saturday Vrs Hearts. Hopefully the 2 guys keep it up & big George deserves his run in the team.

Well done.

His biggest assets compared to Niko are his lightning pace and his distribution.

Niko lacks pace and is poor on the ball., but is still a very good central defender, who'll keep improving.

Last night though, Goldson and Edmundson were absolutely outstanding and deserve to keep their places for Tynecastle.
Spot on. Personally I think Edmundson's strengths are very suited to being a modern Rangers centre back. Both defensively and offensively. We play a high line so the pace one is obvious but we rely on centre backs to move the ball quickly and start attacks with good forward passing too. There's a good stat on that, progressive passes or something like that, more of a defensive midfielder stat but if Edmundson got a run in the team I am sure he would show up well in that one. I don't want to put Katic down because I hope he prospers at Rangers but we can all see his passing leaves a lot to be desired and the stats I saw comparing our 4 CBs had him top for passing backwards and bottom for passing forwards, both in frequency and accuracy with the latter I think. He showed up well in duels in his defence.

For a lad who came from Oldham Athletic and has played not much more than a handful of games mainly against dross, what a performance last night.
That is surely an indication of the potential of the lad. He should definitely start on Saturday and hopefully he will have a brilliant game.

He had a great game but let's not forget 1) his game against hamilton and 2) the very start of the game last night

Fair play on the lad for having a good game and he'll no doubt get a run but give it a few weeks after 1 mistake and everyone here will be saying he's never a ranger and we need better etc etc.

On my way home from work yesterday, I had Talk Sport 2 on. They were previewing the game & rating our chances. 1 of the 3 guys on (can't remember who any of them are!) was saying he thought it could be a risk putting Edmundson in due to his age & lack of experience. Otherwise they were talking us up well. I hope he reassessed his view after the game as I thought he was - in full Wibble mode - magnificent. Magnificent. Magnificent!!!! :))

Back