Porto Away Tickets

I registered a s a fan on their official site. Just used my home address and e-tickets were e-mailed to me. E-tickets are the only option so don't think you have to use a Spanish/Portuguese address
Remember what happened with the villarreal ones last year though. Didn't they cancel all the etickets with UK addresses?

What section is everyone buying home end tickets in? Thinking of doing this today also as a back up.

This is just speculation on my part but I'd imagine rangers are looking for a payment to them from a travel company for running the service or being an official partner.

Thomas Cook paid Rangers 15 grand and offered them discounted travel for the players and staff, an absolute hoking deal for the club.

Boy in work going to Lazio for sellick game, got his ticket Friday and it's 5 weeks away. 2 weeks to our game don't even know if will get a ticket yet.

Not good enough

Nothing new to say here but this is genuinely astounding at this point.

2 weeks until the game and we haven’t a clue whether we have a ticket yet. Dunno if it’s our side or theirs but this is amateur hour stuff.

What section is everyone buying home end tickets in? Thinking of doing this today also as a back up.

The official Away sections appear to be S20 and S21 but when you go on the Porto website or app to buy home tickets, Sections S22, S23 and S24 aren’t available to be purchased so I’m guessing these will also be set aside for the away support. I’ve just gone and bought tickets for S25 right next to the S24 fence for €25 each.

If there was to be any trouble, then the travel club are surely culpable.

Not telling people if they have a ticket has driven people to buy tickets in the home end. Hell mend them.

The Portuguese are a lovely lot so there won’t be, but I’m sure you get my point.

Surely there must be some kind of issue here? Doesn’t seem certain at all this will get resolved.

The lack of communication from the club in terms of general emails Is terrible.

The official Away sections appear to be S20 and S21 but when you go on the Porto website or app to buy home tickets, Sections S22, S23 and S24 aren’t available to be purchased so I’m guessing these will also be set aside for the away support. I’ve just gone and bought tickets for S25 right next to the S24 fence for €25 each.
I have done the same mate. Went for first row next to the fence (if that’s what it is).

For Travel Club members who’ve registered for a ticket to know nothing 2 weeks before an away tie in Portugal is just ridiculous.

That said, I’m still waiting to hear from the TC before I head down the home ticket route.

5 of us went for S19, didn’t realise it was a tier below the away section but it’ll do!

Used our Portuguese Airbnb address so hopefully no issues!

Last edited:
Porto will possibly cancel these tickets and refund you if they find out whats happening
Cant see that happening this time. Porto’s stadium holds 50,000. There game against YB’s crowd was approx 33,000. They’ll be happy to get the money. The Portuguese are easy to get on with so pretty sure this won’t happen

Gone past the point of anger at the club's shambolic attempts at communication / resolution to this. Just laughing now (otherwise you'd cry).

Embarrassing from the club and the SLO.

Gone past the point of anger at the club's shambolic attempts at communication / resolution to this. Just laughing now (otherwise you'd cry).

Embarrassing from the club and the SLO.

What do you expect the SLO to do?

Do you understand what a SLO does and what their job remit is?

Thomas Cook stores have been bought over by Hays Travel. Not sure where that leaves the day trips.

If our ticket office had a brain between them you would thin

Do they need physical tickets before they start to sell them? Porto would have told them weeks ago how many we were getting. Shambles from them.

I would have thought that was obvious. No point in selling then they only give us 1k etc.

I'd say it's the most efficient way of doing it.

Sent email to TC asking if there would be staged application for tickets based on points, and got this reply from TC:

"
Good Morning

As soon as we have information all travel club members will be emailed."

none the wiser...

Sent email to TC asking if there would be staged application for tickets based on points, and got this reply from TC:

"
Good Morning

As soon as we have information all travel club members will be emailed."

none the wiser...

What more info do they actually need? They’ve got the tickets, amount of people that have applied and who is on what points level.

I would have thought that was obvious. No point in selling then they only give us 1k etc.

I'd say it's the most efficient way of doing it.
Here's a radical idea then. Why didn't they say to Porto "how many tickets are you going to give us" then sell that many. We wouldn't need them in hand then :))

Two weeks to go until most set off for Porto and still none the wiser about tickets.

I reckon most that want one will get one but it still doesn't help those on low points who maybe haven't sorted travel arrangements yet.

Utter shambles again.

In reality the club probably want low numbers travelling.
Less admin and less chance of trouble
It suits them to sit on this for as long as possible.

Need to use this post again. Sent it and to then it’s straight on the website a minute later.

Last edited:
Back