Porto Away Tickets

This along with £27 worth of phone calls to the ticket office on this months phone bill is really pissing me off.

Disappointing if Rangers dont request some extra tickets on top of the 2500.
Porto won't sell out, and they've handed bigger allocations before.
£20 (£40 for non ST) for membership, I'd hope Rangers do everything possible to secure tickets for all.

£20 (£40 for non ST) for membership, I'd hope Rangers do everything possible to secure tickets for all.

The club would much rather fans didn’t attend abroad. It causes to much hassle for them.

See Young Boys and how quick they decided that we wouldn’t take tickets.

This is beyond a fucking joke now. You don’t need the tangible tickets in your hand to establish allocation, points thresholds, sales windows and uplift protocols. Its actually really fucking simple. People have got to make serious sacrifices and commitments and need notice to sort their lives out. It’s absolutely unacceptable I honestly cannot fathom how this is run and operated. If I ran something this way in my work I’d have some serious questions asked of me and rightly so. Fucking sort it out Rangers

It's annoying for me as a low point member never mind the poor bastards that are waiting to find out before having to book travel. I'd be tearing my hair out if I hadn't booked straight away for cheap as chips.

If a normal company treated customers like this in a competitive marketplace, they'd get chased. It's just over a fortnight to the game and nothing.

Last edited:
This is beyond a fucking joke now. You don’t need the tangible tickets in your hand to establish allocation, points thresholds, sales windows and uplift protocols. Its actually really fucking simple. People have got to make serious sacrifices and commitments and need notice to sort their lives out. It’s absolutely unacceptable I honestly cannot fathom how this is run and operated. If I ran something this way in my work I’d have some serious questions asked of me and rightly so. Fucking sort it out Rangers

Just wait for the next delay, waiting on the 3rd party to send out emails, that excuse was peddled before. Our Admin is an absolute joke and feel for those that are less confident of getting a ticket.

Mental that this is something you pay for outwith your season ticket. Its beyond a joke
Receiving the tickets from Porto should have no affect on allocating the tickets if they know the amount

its the complete lack of communication for me,whoever is in charge of this needs to have a word with him/herself,the fans need to know whats happening here ffs

The club would much rather fans didn’t attend abroad. It causes to much hassle for them.

See Young Boys and how quick they decided that we wouldn’t take tickets.
Problem is though, as a travel club member I've just went out and bought myself and 3 mates tickets direct from Porto.
Etickets to my email immediately.
Madness to still be waiting on this.

I don’t think we’ll need any more than 2500. 3000 applied and some of those will only be after a point to boost their total for Feyenoord.

Don’t understand why everyone is bleating.

If you applied and are going then why the feck does it matter when it happens? Most impatient support ever at times.

My flight is booked
My hotel is booked
I’ll get my ticket when they are available, it’s not as if they aren’t ever coming ffs :))

Flights and accommodation booked through Sports Options a few weeks ago. My son’s on 1 point and I’m on zero (still awaiting Travel Club card). Just hope we will get tickets after spending nearly a grand already.

Don’t understand why everyone is bleating.

If you applied and are going then why the feck does it matter when it happens? Most impatient support ever at times.

My flight is booked
My hotel is booked
I’ll get my ticket when they are available, it’s not as if they aren’t ever coming ffs :))

I booked up for the day trip and obviously now that’s been cancelled.

But we don’t know if the club are going to arrange an alternative day trip or not. If not then I’ll need to book flights and a hotel.

I can’t do anything until the club confirms one way or another if they are running a day trip.

I think that’s why we are getting pissed off

I booked up for the day trip and obviously now that’s been cancelled.

But we don’t know if the club are going to arrange an alternative day trip or not. If not then I’ll need to book flights and a hotel.

I can’t do anything until the club confirms one way or another if they are running a day trip.

I think that’s why we are getting pissed off

I have every sympathy with people that were booked on the day trip, but surely you aren’t still expecting Rangers to run official flights at this stage of the game?

I have every sympathy with people that were booked on the day trip, but surely you aren’t still expecting Rangers to run official flights at this stage of the game?

They emailed us the other week saying they have an update by close of play last Tuesday specifically about them trying to run an alternative flight. They've since said nothing, that's why folk are annoyed

They emailed us the other week saying they have an update by close of play last Tuesday specifically about them trying to run an alternative flight. They've since said nothing, that's why folk are annoyed

I know why people are annoyed, but anybody that thinks they will run a flight is kidding themselves on I’m afraid.

Problem is though, as a travel club member I've just went out and bought myself and 3 mates tickets direct from Porto.
Etickets to my email immediately.
Madness to still be waiting on this.
Myself and 3 mates are on 0 pts with the TC and another is on 4 so he’ll be fine.
I’m tempted to buy for the Porto end .Did you get tickets no bother putting a Scottish address in for the home end ?
Got a Portuguese address off of my boss who’s friend has a villa just in case you needed a Portuguese address for applying:)

Club should come out and say that then
The floor is theirs then. I've resigned myself to the fact they won't btw

Yes, they probably should come out and confirm it, but if I was in that position I would have made alternative arrangements a while ago, there’s no chance I would be holding off in the hope that they will arrange something. They don’t even know the names of those that were booked with Thomas Cook.

Yes, they probably should come out and confirm it, but if I was in that position I would have made alternative arrangements a while ago, there’s no chance I would be holding off in the hope that they will arrange something. They don’t even know the names of those that were booked with Thomas Cook.

Day trip is only way I could manage to go

Look to partner with Sport Options.

Run trips from North, East and West. (Abz, Edi & GLA).

Day trips or overnights in 3 star accommodation.

I think it would be packed.

They’re usually sensible in pricing, outside of hotels.

Myself and 3 mates are on 0 pts with the TC and another is on 4 so he’ll be fine.
I’m tempted to buy for the Porto end .Did you get tickets no bother putting a Scottish address in for the home end ?
Got a Portuguese address off of my boss who’s friend has a villa just in case you needed a Portuguese address for applying:)
I used a mates Spanish address.
Tickets are E-Tickets so use the address your boss gave you, tickets will come to your email..

Club would be better off partnering with Sports Options for future seasons.

I was on the phone to Sport Options today, I asked them if Rangers got back to them there has been no contact from Rangers at all, they could have at least acknowledged them. They are still willing to help out.

I used a mates Spanish address.
Tickets are E-Tickets so use the address your boss gave you, tickets will come to your email..

Was this on StubHub? Or Football ticket net?
5 of us going over and currently considering buying home end but wary if these sites are genuine etc

I didn’t get this email

I didn’t get this email
They only emailed people who hadn't already registered for independent tickets, the idea seems to have been to allow those who'd booked with Thomas Cook extra time to register for independent tickets.

The travel club didn't know who had registered with Thomas Cook as they went tits up before the deadline and hadn't passed the bookings to Rangers to verify points etc.

No one who'd registered independent got the email, they extended the deadline without telling those who'd already registered too, pretty poor not telling us in my opinion.

I was on the phone to Sport Options today, I asked them if Rangers got back to them there has been no contact from Rangers at all, they could have at least acknowledged them. They are still willing to help out.
This is just speculation on my part but I'd imagine rangers are looking for a payment to them from a travel company for running the service or being an official partner.

They only emailed people who hadn't already registered for independent tickets, the idea seems to have been to allow those who'd booked with Thomas Cook extra time to register for independent tickets.

The travel club didn't know who had registered with Thomas Cook as they went tits up before the deadline and hadn't passed the bookings to Rangers to verify points etc.

No one who'd registered independent got the email, they extended the deadline without telling those who'd already registered too, pretty poor not telling us in my opinion.
Ah okay I signed up for both so that explains it

Ah okay I signed up for both so that explains it
I had signed up with thomas cook too, when they went bust I registered independent straight away, hence no email, it's poor that we're still waiting, I've booked flights for me and my son but plenty are still waiting to hear whether or not they have a ticket before booking.

I registered a s a fan on their official site. Just used my home address and e-tickets were e-mailed to me. E-tickets are the only option so don't think you have to use a Spanish/Portuguese address

Back