Snodgrass retires from international football

Bonnyloyal

• snods_10
      Verified

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live my childhood dream.
      It’s been such a special feeling pulling on that Scotland jersey since I was 16 years old. There’s been many highs throughout my international career which I’ll always remember with fondness, including my debut against Northern Ireland, winning 2 international player of the year awards, and my hat-trick in Malta.
      It’s now the right time for me to step aside though and retire from @scotlandnationalteam and let the boys and younger players take my place and hopefully push the squad forward.
      I want to especially thank the Tartan Army for their special support you’ve showed me over the years. I will never forget this.
      A massive thank you also goes to everyone at the SFA for looking after me since I was a young boy, including Frank Reilly, Doc McLean, Jonesy, managers, coaches, staff, the physios, massage therapists, kit men and the media staff I’ve worked with over the years.
      I will now watch as a fan and I hope to see us play at a major tournament again soon - fingers crossed the boys do it come March!
      Snods ❤️❤️
      20m

tenor.gif

At Snodgrass, not you OP

Players cant be bothered hanging about their enforced Edinburgh HQ

Even the ones in the Celtic get-a-long gang jumping ship now.

Rotten disinterested bunch.

I thought retired twice during the Russia game. He was straight through on goal on both occasions yet the defender strolled in and took the ball from him without any resistance. It was embarrassing to watch.

Indeed by some of his inept performances I thought he’d retired from competitive football some years ago

Must be up there with one of the slowest people to play professional football. There were times in the Russia game I wondered if the TV had frozen until a defender walked past and took the ball.

Won't be missed.

Like someone said above, when I seen that he was replaced in the squad sunday morning by lewis morgan then it stunk of a bust up between him and the manager and hes had enough.

100% been a bust up. Very strange timing after pulling out of the San Marino squad.

Adding to that, he is pish. Won’t be missed.

He didn't really offer much to Scotland anyway. However, he's probably fed up being lumped in with a bunch of players even poorer for Scotland than he is. Also, working for that wanker Clarke probably isn't much fun either.

Scottish National team is a joke and is going nowhere. Just slipping backwards constantly.

Like Allan McGregor?
Hardly unusual for players that age to decide to concentrate on their club careers.

Yes, exactly like Allan McGregor. A good comparison, congratulations.

I’m aware it’s not unusual and I’m not criticising them for it, in fact I’d encourage Rangers players to do it. They are, however, turning their back.

Like Allan McGregor?
Hardly unusual for players that age to decide to concentrate on their club careers.

McGregor retired but told them to go feck themselves after the SFA done him at Aberdeen.

Apparently sent the SFA email upon emails to the compliance officer regarding different incidents that they failed to pick up on.

He’s no world beater but Scotland have a good number of worse players that they continue a love-in with.
Going nowhere seems to be the aim.

People saying they’re over rated are completely wrong.

The EPL is over hyped at times, but it is one of the (if not ‘the’) best leagues in the world. Four European finalists last year is proof of that.

Rather than look at Snodgrass, or McGinn, or McTominay, or anyone else and downplaying them, maybe the question should be why can’t we get these guys playing for Scotland consistently at the same level as they play for their clubs?

I truly believe a Walter Smith or Dick Advocaat (or Martin O’Neill being fair) would have Scotland competing at the level Wales or Northern Ireland currently are.

Have been in his company a few times. Decent enough guy, despite him not being from our side of the fence. Has made the most of his career with what he's got. Nice to see him acknowledging the backroom staff in his message. For those criticising his recent performances, remember that the players don't pick themselves for the squad or the team...

He was absolutely terrible against Russia, worst player on the park.

Actually don’t mind Snodgrass despite him being one of them, made something of himself despite his rough background, good for him.

Was in his company at a boxing match and he was sound. Some mentally challenged came over and said hail hail to him and he told him to bolt. Scotland played Belgium the night before at hampden. He sat with us had a few beers and talked about playing against fellaini and Alex wistel.

Davis is close to becoming the most capped British player of all time, he loves playing for his country and won't retire any time soon.

I think you’re right. I hope you’re wrong. I want what’s best for rangers (which is having our “age-being” players playing at a premium and ensuring their bodies are ready for business with rangers)

Was in his company at a boxing match and he was sound. Some mentally challenged came over and said hail hail to him and he told him to bolt. Scotland played Belgium the night before at hampden. He sat with us had a few beers and talked about playing against fellaini and Alex wistel.
I had a work colleague who's son had played with him at youth level. By all accounts his family were absolute nut jobs, so in that respect fair play to him in leaving that shit behind him. We all know plenty of examples of people who could'nt

Just turned 32 last month, it's no as if he's past it.

A Scottish EPL player, one of the better ones on his day, turning his back on Scotland should have alarm bells ringing at the SFA.

Very strange timing.
Bizarre timing, couple of playoff games away from qualifying for a tournament, as unlikely as it is

Back