Rangers Alphabet - A

MrBearightside

Recent posts have got me thinking, we often discuss current players, legends of the past and players who 'we always forget', but every Rangers player who pulls on a Jersey deserves a mention.

Every few days I will post every player (mentioned on wikipedia) grouped by their surname initial and we can all be reminded of the players who have pulled on the glamour blue Jersey. If you see any player and wish to make comment please do.

*** A ***

A

I wanna start by saying big Lorenzo was a legend for me, was such a presence in defence

Jak Alnwick.
Will always be remembered fondly by this bear as the man who stopped a record score in April 18.

Arveladze - top-drawer player. I've read on here her went for €8X-m and, you know what, I don't give a f'k either way.

I was in the Anne Frank museum in Amsterdam and his face flashed up on the screen in the learning centre (I think -not a native speaker) as someone who was Jewish. The missus was impressed. I knew he could stick a ball away, though.

Jorge Albertz goal at the paedodome 1998 cup semi final greatest Rangers goal I’ve ever celebrated

Reactions: 413
Albertz - still one of my favourite ever players. Used to buzz with excitement any time we got a free kick anywhere from 30 yds or less.

Arteta - when signing players from Barcelona wasn’t even that big a deal!

Arveladze - Capable of hitting a screamer from 35 yards with his eyes closed and then putting a sitter over the bar from 2 yards in the same game.

Always liked Neil Alexander.

Cracking pen save v Fiorentina. Also keeping 2 clean sheets against them was impressive.

The bold Erik Bo scored his first goal, one of a brace against Falkirk in a 3-2 home win on 23rd March 1996. Gazza got the other one. But who was the last Rangers player with a surname beginning with A to score for Rangers before that?

Rules - no trialists or friendly matches. I've triple checked this so if I've fecked up I humbly apologise in advance.

The guy just oozed class and composure
Class and composure definitely (when he was in England/Spain).
Up here in 03, when Fergie phucked off and the chips were down he was more shioitebag and sandancer as the game at the pigsty that new year proved.
IMO of course.

Only 6 of those names are from 1872-1996.
I thought 'A' surnames would have been more common.

The bold Erik Bo scored his first goal, one of a brace against Falkirk in a 3-2 home win on 23rd March 1996. Gazza got the other one. But who was the last Rangers player with a surname beginning with A to score for Rangers before that?

Rules - no trialists or friendly matches. I've triple checked this so if I've fecked up I humbly apologise in advance.
Albertz?

Albertz and Andersen for the 3-1 game against ‘them’ at Ibrox back in the 9IAR days. Jörg scored one and set up the two for super sub Erik.

Oh, and Scott Agnew - one time Championship Manager superstar.

Albertz and Andersen for the 3-1 game against ‘them’ at Ibrox back in the 9IAR days. Jörg scored one and set up the two for super sub Erik.

Watched that game in the Aviemore ice rink bar of all places

Funnily enough I had recently been thinking about whether or not there is/was such a thing as a Rangers alphabet book for kids.

I for Ibrox, T for trophy room, P for Paisley Road West etc...harder than you might think.

That was the season after. January 97.

Davie Armour?

Recent posts have got me thinking, we often discuss current players, legends of the past and players who 'we always forget', but every Rangers player who pulls on a Jersey deserves a mention.

Every few days I will post every player (mentioned on wikipedia) grouped by their surname initial and we can all be reminded of the players who have pulled on the glamour blue Jersey. If you see any player and wish to make comment please do.

*** A ***

A

I wanna start by saying big Lorenzo was a legend for me, was such a presence in defence
Surprised Robert Prytz wasn't there .

Back