Watch this space’ Aston Villa boss on transfer move for Rangers star Morelos

Syme

ASTON VILLA boss Dean Smith has refused to be drawn on a January swoop for Alfredo Morelos.
It's understood the Premier League club have been keeping tabs on the £20million-rated Rangers striker.

Morelos has already plundered 14 goals this season and has vastly improved last season's shocking disciplinary record.
But the Colombian international has never hidden his desire to land a move down south and Gers are braced for January bids.

Villa's sporting director Jesus Garcia Pitarch has been leading the search for a new goalscorer with the club short of options up front.
But when asked about a potential move for Gers hero El Buffalo, gaffer Smith remained tight-lipped.

He said: "Suso's got all of his scouts out looking at things, but January is a long, long way at the moment and we've got a lot of games to play.
"Watch this space."

Morelos - today named Ladbrokes Premiership Player of the Month for September - has bagged an impressive 62 goals in 110 appearances following his bargain £1m switch from HJK Helsinki two-and-a-half years ago.

Speaking recently though, the 23-year-old reiterated his desire to play in a more competitive league.
He said: "It's not a secret that I admire the English Premier League.
"I have to keep scoring goals for Rangers if I am ever to get a chance of moving to a club there."

Stevie won’t sell him in January, pish by the press to try and unsettle him, it won’t and he’ll score another 20+ from January onwards, then we will consider 30 million on the summer

The club should be out stating that he goes nowhere in jan. Morelos should be told the same . He will go next summer as a title winner

Selling in January would probably be better for us financially- teams will be getting desperate so there is a premium. £30m if to EPL.

However, it would be a total disaster for us on the pitch, especially if we are seriously in the mix for winning the league.

If we are top or near top in January we cannot sell Alfie

He’s well paid and looks to be loving his time with us

Keep him till summer is a must if we want to win the league this season

He will be going to a much better team than Aston Villa.

I don't see us selling him in January, either.

He will go to the team that offer us what we want and what Alfredo wants for a contract, if that's villa so be it but do not believe this is the 80s or 90s and any player that leaves us will only go to a glory club. Players want to make money don't believe we live in a world where trophies matter anymore.

He will go to the team that offer us what we want and what Alfredo wants for a contract, if that's villa so be it but do not believe this is the 80s or 90s and any player that leaves us will only go to a glory club. Players want to make money don't believe we live in a world where trophies matter anymore.
He cares about his international career.

We have just pulled ourselves top of the league where we rightfully belong. Gerrard wants this league title more than anything and selling Morelos in January would pretty much dramatically reduce the chances of that so this won't happen. Im sure he will wait til the league is potentially in the bag before he sells any key players for big money.

Villa would be a great move for him.

Solid fanbase, decent history and billionaire owners who are happy to pump money into the club.

They'll easily establish themselves as a force in the league should they manage to stay up this year.

We have just pulled ourselves top of the league where we rightfully belong. Gerrard wants this league title more than anything and selling Morelos in January would pretty much dramatically reduce the chances of that so this won't happen. Im sure he will wait til the league is potentially in the bag before he sells any key players for big money.
And the thing I love is he will want to hang on to Alfie so much , that will only be big money to get him .

If he's getting sold in January it's £30 million at least it's got to be £20-30 million is the summer price when we have amicable time to find a replacement of sorts

I think it would take a crazy offer for us to even consider a bid in January. Morelos is priceless to us this season

Would have to be massive money in Jan. Ideal situation, deal done but loaned back to us until summer, then he leaves after delivering 55

Back