Watch this space’ Aston Villa boss on transfer move for Rangers star Morelos

Can’t imagine he will be sold in January, thinking about it more though, money does talk.

What if the board offered Stevie a sizeable chunk of the fee for a replacement?

Headline as usual misleading but if he does go I hope it's in the summer. If he leave in January it will be because he can't resist the EPL. I would be sorry if he did but I think he might get a better club than Villa and we could get more in that window than the £20m

Absolutely nothing in that article that says villa are after morelos hahaha.
I take it this is from one of those bastions of truth in scotlands media? :D

Says watch this space re incomings but also says McGinn not going anywhere. Why does he expect people to sell to him but not sell to others?
I think Alfie will stay for 55 and become a legend. Going to Villa is a backward step. Keep doing what he is doing until the summer and he will get a bigger move

If Villa can consolidate their place in the Premiership then it’s a good move for him. He’ll use them as a stepping stone to bigger things like he’s doing with us.

Fūck selling him in January though.

The club should be out stating that he goes nowhere in jan. Morelos should be told the same . He will go next summer as a title winner

Ah yes, we need a statement.

If we get a £20m bid in any window, January or summer, then he's off.

The wee man knows the score.
Win us the league get his big move to the EPL and leave us as a legend.
I’m sure that is what the gaffer and coaches will be telling him.
So let’s enjoy and appreciate Alfie while he’s here.

One of Ross Wilson’s biggest tasks when he starts is making sure we have a quality replacement lined up when Alfie does go.

Not convinced it will be January but the big bids are coming

I'd have thought that the Club, and Gerrard would have a gentlemans agreement with Morelos that we won't stand in his way if a suitable bid comes in but he won't be sold during the January window. I'd like to think that Morelos himself would want to stay till the summer and go with a pocket full of medals.

A season or two at Villa banging in the goals will allow him a bigger move. Particularly with our 25% sell on fee.

Villa are a big, old English club and if the right investment is behind them, it would be a good move for El B.

it won't be in January though - and it'll be more like £25m.

Highly unlikely we would even consider selling him in January unless we have a bit of a collapse between now and then OR we receive a massively inflated figure well in excess of £30m. Neither is going to happen.

There is no chance any of our star players is leaving in January, at any price.

The summer will be a different kettle of fish entirely.

He will be going to a much better team than Aston Villa.

I don't see us selling him in January, either.
As highly as we all rate him I think the likes of a Villa will be the kind of club he'll go to next in the next stage of his career.

We all know he will go at some stage,we need him for the whole season to get 55. I hope this does not unsettle him as he has been brilliant so far this season.

He was 20m last season with a dodgy temperament. He's now a Colombian international and has improved his game yet again. We'd be giving him away for 30m.
When he does leave, I hope he goes to better than teams like Villa.

We can wave goodbye to the title if he leaves in January.
You’re not wrong there mate, unless we bring in a real poacher to replace. But, if a 20m bid comes in, he’s gone.

Villa is easily a big enough club for Alfie

I don't doubt Morelos will go at some point, likely the end of the season. But he will surely go at a time and on terms that suit us. Assuming we are still squarely in contention at the winter break, I don't believe for a minute that this board would accept an offer from Villa or anyone in January. I just don't see how the board would do everything they have done in the last few years, get tantalisingly close to 55 and risk throwing the opportunity away by selling Morelos in January. There is no rush. If someone will pay £25m in January then there will be others who will do likewise in the summer.

A move to the EPL would be hard to turn down for Alfie. But January is a difficult time.

There's a Copa America next Summer with some of the games being held in Colombia. Being at Ibrox hasn't hindered his international career. He should see out the season, pick up a trophy and be a hero. That'll put him in a great space for the Summer.

When he goes, it certainly won't be in the next window and it'll be to a team that's actually better than us.

Villa don't fall into that category.
Money talks I’m afraid and they play in SPL

if for talking sake he went their had a good season or 2 season then he’ll get a move to the big boys

When he goes, it certainly won't be in the next window and it'll be to a team that's actually better than us.

Villa don't fall into that category.
Who does fall into that category?
Premiership club, paying 3 times or more than us.
Biggest midlands club by a mile.
I think thats not bad a actually.

I think the wee man is irreplaceable atm and no deal in Jan from anyone really,on his day the wee fella can rag the scums defence on his own..win the title this year and his goals and medal will be financially rewarded for us and the wee man will get his dream move to the EPL.

No offence but how the fu(k would you know?
He plays in Scotland, everyone views our league like it’s farmers. Who will go and buy him that’s bigger than villa? I think he’ll go right to the top but needs a stepping stone between that - like going to villa - then moving to a big team

Back