The teams mentality will be questioned - and rightly so

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Once again we go top, and blow it in the next game. No urgency, no control and another howler to let the opposition steal a point.

A title winning team should be laying siege to their goal in that second half, especially at the end, but what we got was passive, turgid crap with zero urgency. As long as we’re doing this after we go top, our mentality will rightly be questioned.

There was a thread previously asking if we trusted this squad. I was saying before the match that if we won today it showed they can be trusted to go on and continue the good results. We just never turned up, and it happens far too often when we look to be hitting the front.

We will drop more points to shit teams - as a result of not being able to break them down.

It happens to every single team, in every league in the world.

Today, was a classic away performance. Keep it tight, steal a 0-1.

But Tav fuucked it. Again.

We move on.

Garbage today again . That free kick at the end summed up our team . I have huge concerns about our mentality in crunch domestic games . Strangely we’ve done the business in Europe under Gerrard in big games , but domestically we are weak as shit and it’s becoming a massive problem .

Tavernier will be well documented again , but guys like Aribo need to ask themselves are they here to win ? Because yet again today a guy with all the skill in the world contributed very little in a huge game .

The whole team was poor-maybe Davis and Morelos for spells showing something like form.

As much as Tav is getting murdered and you can say in terms of the mistake and his delivery it would be daft to defend him-a few others loved on here were mince also.

A collective failure.

Bottle merchants. We lack leaders, fighters, winners, a winning mentality.

The first sign of pressure and you just know they won't deliver.

We celebrated being top of the league for one game like it was the end of the season.

The chance to go two points ahead at the top of the league and the players produce a weak, sloppy, one paced, predictable, powder puff performance laced with errors and a lack of basics.

Questions asked and one again the wrong answer given.

Carbon copy of last season and no doubt that will be the same when the trophies are handed out.

We will drop more points to shit teams - as a result of not being able to break the down.

It happens to every single team, in every league in the world.

Today, was a classic away performance. Keep it tight, steal a 0-1.

But Tav fuucked it. Again.

We move on.

I can’t accept dropping points, I can’t accept dropping points to a shite Hearts team and creating little to nothing in their box and putting virtually no pressure on them. That to me is absolutely unacceptable and not what you see from title winning sides.

It’s shite like that today that makes me worry that we have the technical quality, but not the balls to get over the finish line.

Do we have the mental strength to stay top ?

Absolutely not on that evidence ,we were a team of complete shitebags

There are a few players in our team who either bottle it or don't have the drive to go that extra mile. Our captain can be included in that. Whilst it remains so, it will be incredibly difficult for us to lift any trophy.

Yes. You started a thread I was going to create myself.

Today for me was telling. First given opportunity after going top. Pressure on to win and return to the summit.

We show nothing. No creativity. No desire. No willingness to win.

This team doesn't want to win trophies and today feels like another one of those end of season moments we look back on to say if only we converted thst draw to a win etc.

Have to agree, no urgency at all. Lead by the captain who was horrific, without jack zero leaders in the midfield.

We brought on Kent who drew us fouls every time he got possession.
He's an absolute flying machine, and was up against what must have been a pretty tired Hearts defence.

After a few minutes he hardly received a ball.
The last pass I saw him get was the long ball McGregor hit for him.

In the last few minutes of extra time we actuially started this fecking daft routine of dangerously passing the ball about just outside our own area, for no real reason, while Kent and Defoe were up the other end, wondering where their service had gone.

That's part of the mentality we've got to address.

And don't get me started on us waiting for almost every ball to bounce before going for it, while the Hearts guys were getting in and running away with it.

There's an aspect of physical bravery missing from a few in our team too unfortunately.

You can tell we play different under any sort of pressure. Just useless long ball punts and crosses, very few attempts to play the ball into Morelos and have someone run alongside him, just kick it out wide cross cross cross cross cross. We play like bloody Aberdeen under pressure and the team have learned %^*& all from last season in these situations

Garbage today again . That free kick at the end summed up our team . I have huge concerns about our mentality in crunch domestic games . Strangely we’ve done the business in Europe under Gerrard in big games , but domestically we are weak as shit and it’s becoming a massive problem .

Tavernier will be well documented again , but guys like Aribo need to ask themselves are they here to win ? Because yet again today a guy with all the skill in the world contributed very little in a huge game .
We have a guy like King in our squad, 400ish career appearances, 50 caps for Wales, an EPL title, yet he can’t even make the bench. If he’s injured fair enough. If not why the hell is he not getting in ahead of one of Aribo or Kamara?

We brought on Kent who drew us fouls every time he got possession.
He's an absolute flying machine, and was up against what must have been a pretty tired Hearts defence.

After a few minutes he hardly received a ball.
The last pass I saw him get was the long ball McGregor hit for him.

In the last few minutes of extra time we actuially started this fecking daft routine of dangerously passing the ball about just outside our own area, for no real reason, while Kent and Defoe were up the other end, wondering where their service had gone.

That's part of the mentality we've got to address.

And don't get me started on us waiting for almost every ball to bounce before going for it, while the Hearts guys were getting in and running away with it.

There's an aspect of physical bravery missing from a few in our team too unfortunately.
That's because he wont cross the ball hopelessly 50 times and we cant have a player who a bit of creativity with the ball at their feet do something different from whats not working. Same with Defoe, him coming on should have been a sign to stop playing so many long balls/crosses but nothing changes because when the going gets tough we turn into a typical bog standard spfl team. Thought Killie game to start the year might have changed that but clearly not

We didn't start and never really got going. I'm not sure that's bottling maybe the overall quality is just not there.

We lack cohesion as a team at times-the midfield and defence today were sub standard. We lacked the quality to stabilise and even getting the goal back led to little more than flashes of form.

There are elements of the team that were always up for scrutiny and at times they are not mustering pass marks.

Players aren't robots but some of the favourites are vastly overrated on here.

There’s a definite lack of bottle and winning mentality.

Hearts were there for the taking and we didn’t even register a shot on goal in that half.

Morelos apart there was simply a lack of desire.

The team mirrored the captain.

I can’t accept dropping points, I can’t accept dropping points to a shite Hearts team and creating little to nothing in their box and putting virtually no pressure on them. That to me is absolutely unacceptable and not what you see from title winning sides.

It’s shite like that today that makes me worry that we have the technical quality, but not the balls to get over the finish line.
It'll happen more than just today.

It will happen in virtually, every singe league campaign.

Doesn't make it okay. But it is, what it is.

We'd have lost that game last season.

Classic, away perfoamce. Bar Tav.

No stress, here.

It was the wrong team selection, again, today. We knew it was going to be a physical game, so why play Ojo and Aribo, who don’t like that aspect of the Scottish game. Arfield looks knackered, so why not rest him and let Stewart take his place. As for Tavanier, he needs some time out, and I still don’t see him as a Rangers captain.

Ever the contrarian. Keep polishing that turd if it makes you feel better.

No, maybe just a bit more realistic than others.

I wasn't predicting an easy win today and I'm not convinced we've the squad to win the title yet. Thus, when the stumbles come, I don't swing to the other extreme. And stumbles do come over a season.

A lack of quality does not always mean a lack of bottle.

Tav, Aribo, Arfield and Ojo all poor throughout the game. Davis & Kamara good in spells. Barasic and Alfie the only 2 who played consistently well entire game. Kent one decent run but starved of the ball. Stewart and Defoe little service in last 15 minutes.

Too many players having an off day. I think Tav, Arfield and Ojo need dropped. Flanagan, Stewart and Kent in from start. Jack for Kamara when fit.

It'll happen more than just today.

It will happen in virtually, every singe league campaign.

Doesn't make it okay. But it is, what it is.

We'd have lost that game last season.

Classic, away perfoamce. Bar Tav.

No stress, here.

And it happens any time we have a chance to go top, or stay top. And as long as it does, we won’t be champions, that’s the bottom line. So to be honest mate, you should be stressing because the signs are ominous.

The manager is watching the same game as us, and apparently gets what the club is about and what we are up against in this league, so why the %^*& does he deem it acceptable for a bunch of prima donnas to be strolling about a football park with absolutely no urgency to go and win the game? A game we had to win to remain top of the league.

The undroppable players Tav, Goldson, Arfield and Ojo have been poor all season.
If they keep getting played you have to question the managers team selection.
Play Arfield deep or not at all and play Stewart from the start.
This was a game made for someone aggressive like Flanagan but it seems to early for him.
However Tavernier cost us 3 points in Europe and now 2 points today.
The whole team is getting pelters because once again in a crunch game he shat his pants.

Sadly our players dont have the mentality to win the title. As soon as we go top we bottle it the very next game. Its happened a few times now its not even questionable its a fact.

No, maybe just a bit more realistic than others.

I wasn't predicting an easy win today and I'm not convinced we've the squad to win the title yet. Thus, when the stumbles come, I don't swing to the other extreme. And stumbles do come over a season.

A lack of quality does not always mean a lack of bottle.

There is no lack of quality though. The team have shown they have quality, the issue is them showing that quality in crunch games, when they repeatedly can’t do that in those games, then its all about bottle.

It’s just a case of I say black you say white.

Back