Make Davis the captain

It's not going to happen, Gerrard wont want to upset his player so we will just keep going until we drop more and more points then when we are 10 pts behind we will start going on a good run because there is no pressure, tav will get a few assists and score a few penalties during this time and we will all be happy and hopeful for the next season, and so on and so on, we've all seen this before...

We can’t change the captain at this stage in the season. Sadly Tav is here to stay. If we have the chance to sell him on for good money in the summer I would welcome it .

Tav is never a Captain.

Let’s be honest though, Gerrard won’t drop his favourites so he’s hardly going to take the armband off him.

What happened when big Amo lost the armband to Ferguson?

I can’t really remember the ins and outs of it, but was that not due to his mistakes?

Yes, that’s a cracking idea.

Let’s change the skipper in the middle of the season, I can’t see any way that might backfire on us at all.

Reactive and hysterical nonsense.
So what do you suggest , keep going with someone who can’t defend , keeps giving away goals and costing us points

So what do you suggest , keep going with someone who can’t defend , keeps giving away goals and costing us points

He can be dropped without stripping him of the captaincy.

Do we really want Tavernier’s confidence shattered in October when he will be a massive part of the team this season.

I actually think dropping Tav for a few weeks will be the kick up the arse he needs to get his form back - his assists are invaluable but every player can go off the boil - he for me at the moment is

Tav made a hash of it but Davis has to take a portion of blame for goal today. He should have been on Meshino. When you see it back he is about 10 yards off him.

You can’t just change your captain halfway through a season and expect it to be for the better

Mind baffles me with the pish spouted on here

agreed, it would do confidence no good. However Captains are usually first names on the team sheet. Tav might have this right but is it the correct one?

Tav made a hash of it but Davis has to take a portion of blame for goal today. He should have been on Meshino. When you see it back he is about 10 yards off him.
Defenders should defend Tav is solely to blame for that

What has Davis done to get the captains armband, he played today and didn't really contribute certainly didn't drive the team on

Said on another thread it is difficult, not even halfway through a season. What does it do to the confidence of a player who is a huge asset when on form? Those suggesting we should have 11 captains and therefore Tavernier is not to blame can I ask you a question. Do you really believe that having captains like Greig, Gough, Ferguson and others made no difference to us winning trophies?

What has Davis done to get the captains armband, he played today and didn't really contribute certainly didn't drive the team on

Davis has been a stand out player this season. He is also a winner as is shagger.

Tav is none of the above.

you can't account for Tav completely missing a simple pass back to the keeper, the goal is one mans fault today no one elses..

What difference will it make ?

Do you genuinely believe giving someone an armband changes anything ? McGregor and Davis don't need an armband to manage the team on the park.

you can't account for Tav completely missing a simple pass back to the keeper, the goal is one mans fault today no one elses..
Nobody should be left that unmarked. I am not defending Tav blunder in slightest, just not excusing others for allowing a player that much time and space either. We win and lose a team collectively.

Let's publicly humiliate someone who is clearly very low on confidence already, great idea.

It doesn't matter who has the armband, Davis/Jack/whoever should be captains already.
This, in my op jack should be captain. He already is , him and mcgregor lead by example and dont need the armband , changing captain midway through a season is nuts for tavs confidence and puts extra pressure on the guy that takes it , also tension would happen . tav is the captain rightly or wrongly and he will stay captain

If Tav’s form doesn’t improve immediately then I’d be hopeful that a decent bid came in during the January window. We can’t simply take the captain’s armband from him.
if he leaves we have Jon Flanagan who is a proper old fashioned defender and young Polster waiting to get a chance to shine. The scenario I don’t want to see is just to plod on with Tav in his current slump. That would cost us dearly.

If Tav’s form doesn’t improve immediately then I’d be hopeful that a decent bid came in during the January window. We can’t simply take the captain’s armband from him.
if he leaves we have Jon Flanagan who is a proper old fashioned defender and young Polster waiting to get a chance to shine. The scenario I don’t want to see is just to plod on with Tav in his current slump. That would cost us dearly.
young polster who is the same age as flanagan ..... :)

The irony of this is that Davis was at fault for the goal today too. He lost his runner who turned out to be the boy that scored. I love Davis as a player but he will make mistakes too. This whole approach is embarrassing and sums up how utterly clueless supporters are.

Reactions: GF7
What do people expect?

the guy has cost us.

he has been shite all season and there comes a point when enough is enough.

i get that Gerrard is supporting him and hoping he plays through his poor form. But Taverniers ego is NOT more important than my Club and our hopes of winning silverware.

Steve Davis a former captain of our club, played at top level for years and one of the most capped home nation international players of all time.

Or a right back signed by Warburton, won nothing in his career, can't defend and costs us goals in big games.

An absolute no brainer for Christ sake.

Back