The teams mentality will be questioned - and rightly so

All we've heard is "we deserve to be top" and "we are the best team in the league", by our gaffer who sat doing nothing at 1-1 and Ojo who can take the first train home as far as I'm concerned.
We don't deserve to be top after today we were pish, absolute amateur defending and fu*k all up front.
So yes they do deserve to be called into question.

A Hearts side with umpteen injuries, injuries during the game, manager under pressure and having taken 2 points from the last 7 league home games.

Our performance couldn't have been any more flat or turgid if we tried.

All talk and no action.

There is no lack of quality though. The team have shown they have quality, the issue is them showing that quality in crunch games, when they repeatedly can’t do that in those games, then its all about bottle.

It’s just a case of I say black you say white.

It isn’t a lack of quality it is the mentality that is lacking.
We’ve bottled it again, made worse by yellow teeth saying yesterday we would.

After gettin 1 back i thought we would go and get the win but from about the 70th minute i just knew that wasn't going to be the case. Sloppy, slow and lack of creativity.

Taking morelos off was a mistake i see why the call was made because he was starting to play very aggressively and he was already booked

Tav and arfield were really bad today. Arfield has escaped criticism of late but that chance when morelos squares it to him has to be a first time shot. I dont even need to mention tavs mistakes today.

Disappointed

There is no lack of quality though. The team have shown they have quality, the issue is them showing that quality in crunch games, when they repeatedly can’t do that in those games, then its all about bottle.

its both though

chronic lack of quality and bottle crashing at various times

Or we come back from conceding an early goal at a difficult away ground against an obviously determined opposition.

Is that not a response?

We're going to drop points across the season. This seems at odds with FF expectations.

FF the last week and a half was screen shots from Kerrydale Street slagging the mentally challengeds for there response in defeat. This place is no better.

We were frustratingly poor, but you'd think we had just gifted them the league. Today was never going to be easy, and it highlights how much teams rise to the occasion.

yes but he inherited tavernier and arfield

who looks at ojo and aribo and says aye that'll be what we need to win the league?

Aribo seems to get a right easy ride at times, he’s sleep walked through that game again. That just isn’t good enough in this league, and when I saw him, Kamara and Arfield all in today I did worry a tad. At least Kamara turned up, but you can’t have passengers like Aribo and Arfield and expect to win crucial games.

yes but he inherited tavernier and arfield

who looks at ojo and aribo and says aye that'll be what we need to win the league?

ojo Is utter shite. Aribo is a young kid with bags of talent. I’m more worried he thought that midfield would work today and the stupidity of taking Morelos off in that type of game. Dropping Stewart also was fucking insane for me.

Ojo should have been hooked at 30 mins.
As for tavernier , there are dafties on FF saying he is worth 8 million and more.
God knows where they get that from.
Still top of the league on points.
We would have took that at the start of august.
Time to freshen the team up, ojo , tav and arfield need dropped asap

We don't enough quality to be consistent. That's the problem. So yes, we can produce quality in individual instances but not repeatedly.

And you shouldn't be so full of yourself. My opinion is not based on going against you.

Aribo seems to get a right easy ride at times, he’s sleep walked through that game again. That just isn’t good enough in this league, and when I saw him, Kamara and Arfield all in today I did worry a tad. At least Kamara turned up, but you can’t have passengers like Aribo and Arfield and expect to win crucial games.
Kamara was worse than aribo.

I don't think we have the winning mentality to make us champions. Too many passengers when the going gets tough.

We had plenty of performances like that under Walter Smith but you knew someone like Boyd, Novo, Naismith, Miller, Jelavic, even Lafferty or Papac would pull something out the bag and we'd go away with the win. Don't think this team has that.

ojo Is utter shite. Aribo is a young kid with bags of talent. I’m more worried he thought that midfield would work today and the stupidity of taking Morelos off in that type of game. Dropping Stewart also was fucking insane for me.

ojo is shite

aribo? once you've shat out out of a 50/50 with scott brown i don't know what long term use you are going to be

Or we come back from conceding an early goal at a difficult away ground against an obviously determined opposition.

Is that not a response?

We're going to drop points across the season. This seems at odds with FF expectations.

hearts have managed 2 points from 12 at home this season .

I think FF expectations are reasonable in the circumstances .

if we want to win the league , thee are must win games

Once again we go top, and blow it in the next game. No urgency, no control and another howler to let the opposition steal a point.

A title winning team should be laying siege to their goal in that second half, especially at the end, but what we got was passive, turgid crap with zero urgency. As long as we’re doing this after we go top, our mentality will rightly be questioned.
I can’t accept dropping points, I can’t accept dropping points to a shite Hearts team and creating little to nothing in their box and putting virtually no pressure on them. That to me is absolutely unacceptable and not what you see from title winning sides.

It’s shite like that today that makes me worry that we have the technical quality, but not the balls to get over the finish line.

Great Rangers teams (title winning teams) have lost at Tynecastle, stop with the hyperbole.

Just like they did in their last two away games?

Or just like they have done over the last few seasons. You don't win back to back to back trebles by failing to win when it matters. They capatalise when it matters, we shit the bed. Today being another example.

Once again we go top, and blow it in the next game. No urgency, no control and another howler to let the opposition steal a point.

A title winning team should be laying siege to their goal in that second half, especially at the end, but what we got was passive, turgid crap with zero urgency. As long as we’re doing this after we go top, our mentality will rightly be questioned.

It was a telling performance in that sense. Really poor.

That was a mentally weak performance. Tav, Ojo, Arfield and Kamara we’re dire. Katic was shaky first half but steadied. Aribo shouldn’t be playing that deep. Bad day at the office Mr Gerrard

90% of folk on here during the week said we’d win easily. Unfortunately, the players went into the game with the same mentality. If they’d went in to it with the mentality that you need to win the battle before you can win the game we probably would have won it. Sense of entitlement costing us yet again.

Exactly. This was always going to be tough, and people were saying 4 or 5. Fantasy land.

Despite that, the players attitudes & performances were not that of winners. As you say, win the battle & our superior quality will prevail.

Even after what you’d guess was a half time rollicking they still won almost all 50/50s.

Aribo, Kamara, Tav, Ojo, Arfield. We expect them to create yet I don’t remember one of them making a chance.

Fucking gutted. And I’d have accepted a one goal win before the match.

hearts have managed 2 points from 12 at home this season .

I think FF expectations are reasonable in the circumstances .

if we want to win the league , thee are must win games

So you don't agree with the widely-held belief that teams raise their game against us? Tynecastle is always a tough venue.

We were poor, undoubtedly. I'm not excusing that.

Great Rangers teams (title winning teams) have lost at Tynecastle, stop with the hyperbole.

No title winning Rangers team has ever dropped points each time the pressure was on and the chance was there to either go top, or remain top.

It’s not just about dropping points, it’s the continual dropping of points in these circumstances and the manner in which they are dropped. Your comparison to previous title winning sides therefore has no validity, because those sides didn’t shit the bed whenever they had to grind out wins to keep themselves on top, hence they were champions.

Too many not up for the fight. A lack of genuine leaders all over the park.

This is not a league winning team! Not even close.
Spot on, regarding leaders. I'd make Katic or Jack the captain, they lead by example every time they play and would demand more from the likes of Ojo, Kamara and Aribo who don't look as if they can lift themselves in pressure games and need their backsides kicked.

At the very least they’d have been peppering the hearts goal for the last 20 minutes.

But us? Fùck all, Hearts looked as likely to snatch a winner as we did.

we had one chance and Arfield instead of playing it in front of Morelos played it into his feet meaning he couldn’t get a shot away.
Arfield cost us in the front 3 and Tav cost us in defence.

No title winning Rangers team has ever dropped points each time the pressure was on and the chance was there to either go top, or remain top.

It’s not just about dropping points, it’s the continual dropping of points in these circumstances and the manner in which they are dropped. Your comparison to previous title winning sides therefore has no validity, because those sides didn’t shit the bed whenever they had to grind out wins to keep themselves on top, hence they were champions.

We are joint top, keep perspective ffs

All we've heard is "we deserve to be top" and "we are the best team in the league", by our gaffer who sat doing nothing at 1-1 and Ojo who can take the first train home as far as I'm concerned.
We don't deserve to be top after today we were pish, absolute amateur defending and fu*k all up front.
So yes they do deserve to be called into question.

Don’t forget the midfield too RB. Fancying about making little passes that create nothing yet when they have midfield runners they aren’t tracked.

So you don't agree with the widely-held belief that teams raise their game against us? Tynecastle is always a tough venue.

We were poor, undoubtedly. I'm not excusing that.

aberdeen do ,as do Celtic of course .

the rest ? I don’t think they do , it’s a convenient excuse for some posters to deny the fact our team isn’t as good as we think .

I do think there’s a lack of winning mentality . To go top last week and to lose top spot 7days later is terrible as it stops the pressure building on Lennon

Or just like they have done over the last few seasons. You don't win back to back to back trebles by failing to win when it matters. They capatalise when it matters, we shit the bed. Today being another example.

I didn’t realise the league campaign finished after 9 games. Let’s see what happens when the games do matter or does the fact the scum dropping 5 points out of 6 when they were top of the league change things.

We played shit and drew a game yeah perhaps we should have won. It happens, get over it because it ain’t changing the result.

I
There was a thread previously asking if we trusted this squad. I was saying before the match that if we won today it showed they can be trusted to go on and continue the good results. We just never turned up, and it happens far too often when we look to be hitting the front.
I trust the squad with the exception of Tav.

When we drop points it's usually down to Tav ffs.

I am starting to question whether we have enough goalscorers through the team. Davis, Aribo and Kamara haven't scored in the league.I mean where are the goals gonnae come from? Arfield? Ojo? Not on recent form. Fact is we heavily rely on Alfie and Defoe to perform every week or we'd struggle.

we had one chance and Arfield instead of playing it in front of Morelos played it into his feet meaning he couldn’t get a shot away.
Arfield cost us in the front 3 and Tav cost us in defence.

The whole team was woeful. Davis probably the only to get passmarks. No point in singling out players although its understandable Tav will get crucified for his error as it led to the goal but we've still got the full game to turn it around from there and we've barely created a chance of note the full game. That's not down to 1 or 2 players having an off day, the whole team was poor.

I would also question the team picked today. Going to Tynecastle with the likes of Ojo in your team, when you know you will need to earn the right to play is never going to end well.

Arfield has been poor for the majority of the season and still plays. Yet Stewart who has shown up well in the past few games is left out.

Aribo is another who needs to do a lot more. My concern with this team as per last year is the goals coming from the wide areas and midfield. I doubt any of them will hit double figures this season.

We are very reliant on Morelos and Defoe, and we need one or two to step up and take the weight off them.

What absolute tripe.

Are you trying to tell me we have never won a title because of another team failing to win a match?

What about Motherwell at home in the NIAR season? Luckily we had another match at Tannadice that season, eh?

The whole team was woeful. Davis probably the only to get passmarks. No point in singling out players although its understandable Tav will get crucified for his error as it led to the goal but we've still got the full game to turn it around from there and we've barely created a chance of note the full game. That's not down to 1 or 2 players having an off day, the whole team was poor.

I agree the whole team were poor, however Arfield couldn’t make a simple pass to set up Morelos when 2 on 1.
Tav once again set up the opposition due to his errors in defence.
You keep playing front 3 players who are off form you will struggle to score. You keep playing defenders who make poor unforced errors then you lose goals.

The scum are champions and just come off the back of a treble treble for fùcks sake! I don’t think you even know what perspective is.

Christ, I worry for some people.

I asked this season!! Ffs because we are level with the treble treble winners!!
You keep up the panty wetting when we are joint top ;)

What absolute tripe.

Are you trying to tell me we have never won a title because of another team failing to win a match?

What about Motherwell at home in the NIAR season? Luckily we had another match at Tannadice that season, eh?

You need to learn to read before jumping in with both feet. So you think we continually choked in crunch games in the 9IAR season and still won the league? The season where we white washed the scum? We arsed up a game at home to Motherwell and even then still had a cushion to allow us to go and win it at Tannadice, that team had also won 8 titles in a row prior, the circumstances couldn’t be any less similar.

Yeah I think you should turn and walk the other way pal.

I agree the whole team were poor, however Arfield couldn’t make a simple pass to set up Morelos when 2 on 1.
Tav once again set up the opposition due to his errors in defence.
You keep playing front 3 players who are off form you will struggle to score. You keep playing defenders who make poor unforced errors then you lose goals.

Agree on Arfield. Talking to pals after the match and was struggling to think of the last good game he had for us, maybe Feyenoord at Ibrox. Played ok in Mjitiland was well but he's been poor domestically this season.

Finished last season on fire as well.

Hopefully Jordan Jones is available soon to give us another option.

Spot on, regarding leaders. I'd make Katic or Jack the captain, they lead by example every time they play and would demand more from the likes of Ojo, Kamara and Aribo who don't look as if they can lift themselves in pressure games and need their backsides kicked.

These 3 go missing when the chips are down.

Last edited:
Back