Sick of our fans getting criticism especially from our manager!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute madness , self entitled millennial attitude . The manager knows that jeering and booing has an impact on a players confidence . Rather than boo a player we should further reiterate our support in the same manner we do when we go a goal behind !

Millennial attitude? Everyone I hear dishing out the abuse at Ibrox and mumping moaning and groaning are, without fail, definitely over the age of 30, and the vast majority over 40.

Absolute madness , self entitled millennial attitude . The manager knows that jeering and booing has an impact on a players confidence . Rather than boo a player we should further reiterate our support in the same manner we do when we go a goal behind !
So now it's "jeering and booing"?

I never abuse players or moan at the games I just think what’s being said and posted today and last night is way OTT.
We’re all supposed to be pushing together yet there’s people actively turning the support into a weapon for the opposition. They know fine well they only need to slow the game for 10 minutes and people will turn on their own players. All that does is encourage teams to spoil every game they can. The manager is perfectly entitled to try to use everything possible to try to help the players.

This is just another managerial tool of showing the players, especially Tav, that he has their back. Part of his job is ensuring that they remain upbeat and confident. So fair play to him and helps create a formidable dressing room spirit.

I’ve seen Ibrox rocking but then there’s games like yesterday where we as fans don’t help the cause. We’re happy to dish it out, take it on the chin when we’re due from within. We’re all aiming for the same goals!

I’m getting a little tired of seeing the fans getting criticism from all quarters but especially from Gerrard in particular.

Our support isn’t known for its patience never has done but we have been extremely supportive considering the dross that’s been served to us these past 7/8 years and the way we backed the club and players not fit to wear the shirt was incredible some would do well to remember that.

So there was a few groans and what about it the team didn’t turn up at the weekend and the crux of most of the frustration was Tav missing yet another penalty something Gerrard is very culpable in because he should’ve been removed from that duty imo.

Also I think Gerrard has had tremendous support from us considering the money spent and nowhere near trophy last season don’t think many managers would’ve got the leeway he has.

So yes there was a few groans but I’m sorry Gerrard mentioning this was a smokescreen from yet another poor performance against dross in this league and another slow start imo.

We support the team through think and thin history tells us this so let’s cut fans some slack who are probably frustrated and it’ll be down to being so close to winning something and scar tissue from years past.

Ball Ox.

We are so far ahead of recent seasons with so much pride restored & a genuine chance to take silverware this season. Additionally our performances in Europe have been outstanding with three single goal losses in 25 games.

If people can’t feel good about this I don’t know what will make them happy, despite the disappointing performance on Sunday.

When Gerrard walks & we replace him with a diddy like McInnes you may realise that these are actually good times given our financial constraints mate.

I can never see a Rangers support happy clapping mediocrity mate it will never happen.

For the record I’m a huge Gerrard fan.
Happy clapping might not happen, but culling the boos and groans at the slightest things needs to stop, it's entirely embarrassing.

Pass the ball Sideways, groan, give away a throw in, grown, not winning in first 30 minutes,groan.

The team needs positivity and backing

I’m getting a little tired of seeing the fans getting criticism from all quarters but especially from Gerrard in particular.

Our support isn’t known for its patience never has done but we have been extremely supportive considering the dross that’s been served to us these past 7/8 years and the way we backed the club and players not fit to wear the shirt was incredible some would do well to remember that.

So there was a few groans and what about it the team didn’t turn up at the weekend and the crux of most of the frustration was Tav missing yet another penalty something Gerrard is very culpable in because he should’ve been removed from that duty imo.

Also I think Gerrard has had tremendous support from us considering the money spent and nowhere near trophy last season don’t think many managers would’ve got the leeway he has.

So yes there was a few groans but I’m sorry Gerrard mentioning this was a smokescreen from yet another poor performance against dross in this league and another slow start imo.

We support the team through think and thin history tells us this so let’s cut fans some slack who are probably frustrated and it’ll be down to being so close to winning something and scar tissue from years past.

Are we supporters or moaners?

Millennial attitude? Everyone I hear dishing out the abuse at Ibrox and mumping moaning and groaning are, without fail, definitely over the age of 30, and the vast majority over 40.
How do you know their ages, why pretend you do?
Here we go again.

He was. The majority came from the away fans, but he was 100% unequivocally booed by a number of Rangers fans

Where do you sit?

We support the team through think and thin (sic) istory tells us this so let’s cut fans some slack who are probably frustrated and it’ll be down to being so close to winning something and scar tissue from years past.

Wow, one of the most contradictory posts I've ever seen on FF, well done mate.

Rather than threads trying to defend something that we almost universally agree on, we need more threads with ideas on how to solve this issue and be proactive about it.

Once Gerrard has won something at us I might take it more seriously. But I do agree that some fans go over the top.

The moaners damage the confidence of our players and ability to perform. Gerrard’s job is to get the most out of those players. He wouldn’t be doing his job properly if he ignored this issue.

The backing that the fans have given the club through game attendance in recent years has been exceptional. It doesn’t make us perfect though. A lot of our support need to evaluate wether their behaviour helps or hinders the team on match days.

Actually just read this properly.

A 'smokescreen', away and pap shite at the moon, maniac.

Putting money into the club doesn't necessarily mean you're a good supporter though.

Getting on the players' backs constantly for 90 minutes (70 for the subway loyal)...who does it help more? Us or our opponents?

away teams tactics at Ibrox:

Frustrate / time waste. get their crowd turning on their team.

The problem is that people love to moan, regardless of whether we are winning or not. The support we gave over the last 8 years does give us the right to moan but it should also make you ask what it is you are moaning about!

Gerrard is right to call the perpetual moaners out, we are lucky to have our club, lucky that it is competing at the level that it is.

I think everyone can see that Tav in particular is not playing his best football at the moment. It's frustrating to watch as he really can be a game changer but he's prone to very prominent mistakes which have cost us points in big games. I think we as a support are entitled to make the odd comment however we cannot collectively get on his back. His confidence is shot as it is. Personally, I think the manager should be shielding him from the flack and by that I mean give him a rest at set pieces and pens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back