"At the 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month"

Anyone local to Aberdeen might want to visit the newly opened refurbished Art Gallery and Cowdray Hall (Remembrance Hall).

At each entrance to the circular memorial hall there is a countdown poppy clock projected onto the floor. On the hour every hour there is a tribute to the fallen projected onto the centre of the hall floor. This hourly tribute is best viewed from the first floor balcony. Don't mind admitting me an the Mrs being tearful as we watched (it is beautifully done). The new memorial sculpture in the hall is impressive in its design and symbolism.

We will remember them.

Last edited:
'It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the student activist, who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
It is the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the right to a free trial.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag, whose coffin is draped in the flag, who permits the protester to burn the flag.'

I met two young lads on the train this morning. Looked like they were army cadets. They were heading into Saltcoats to do a can collection all day in this freezing weather, tomorrow they are going back to take part in the Remembrance Day parade. They couldn’t have been any older than about 14. Very humbling.

Very proud and humble to remember these brave souls. Always have a wee something in my eyes each rememberance day.
It's only proper. God bless each and every fallen soldier and the navy and air force who made the ultimate sacrifice. Heroes each and every one.
We will remember then.

Just wanted to add a word ,as an ex squddie with 12 years service I will look back and pay my respects to all that sacrified their lives for our freedom in all wars and conflicts that the British army has been involved in,I served from 1968 to 1980 so you can guess where I spent most of my time I will look back and remember all my brothers in arms that were lost in those conflicts/wars we were involved in. But I would like to say one thing today ,and that is I now regard you the Rangers Family as Scotland's first line soldiers ,you are the one's who are in the front line to protect our PUL community from the scum that governs Scotland because they want nothing less than our demise, total demise of not just our club but everything we hold dear in our culture ,you will have to step up and protect everything that we as a community hold dear; Not so long ago I was called a "Braindead barstard" on farcebook why ? Because I had served in the british army Braindead because I follwed the Union Flag (or the butcher's apron) as the SNP followers like to call it , barstard because I'm putting Scotland's future at risk by continuing to be loyal to the Union flag and not following the SNP in it's quest for independance. So it's up to you to carry the fight and protect our community.

My Dad, RIP was in the 51st Highland Division, he missed that parade, having been wounded shortly after he crossed the Rhine and was casevacced back to the UK.

“The Black Watch are over the Rhine!”

It was the 51st Highland Division who spearheaded the assault into Germany - with the Black Watch and the Gordon Highlanders first to breach the borders of the Reich.

I met two young lads on the train this morning. Looked like they were army cadets. They were heading into Saltcoats to do a can collection all day in this freezing weather, tomorrow they are going back to take part in the Remembrance Day parade. They couldn’t have been any older than about 14. Very humbling.

My daughter was in Edinburgh today with her Air Cadet squadron doing the poppy collections. Dozens of air, navy and army cadets in several locations around the city centre for the whole day.

Very proud of her, and of all the other cadets who took part today.

I took this photo at the front of Caerphilly Castle yesterday. It was a nice display.
ZiDAoPU.jpg

Back