Mcinnes sees his future at Aberdeen

I would have taken him as our manager, however if he wants to stay there then fair enough. Does that mean he’s holding out hope for an EPL job. We need to get our new manager sorted out soon, it’s a ridulous time to wait for a club like ours

McInnes could quite easily say he does not want the Rangers job under any circumstances - but he doesn't.

Statements from Milne were released purely to appease the sheepshaggers supporters. Milne is sh*tting himself knowing that if Rangers come calling McInnes won't be able to turn the job down.

McInnes can't really say "he's talking through his are, I want to go to Rangers" because if Rangers don't want him, he creates a major problem for himself with his employers and supporters.

If and I think it’s a big if he is not interested then who do we get ?
McLaren and McLeish are mentioned but most people don’t want them.
Who realistically is going to come to us on our budget?
Bilic and Pulis wouldn’t come and are no better than McInnes anyway
I can see another left field appointment with potential type appointment.

That's the way I see it panning out now. Another Pedro-type signing from out of nowhere...

... or Eck :p

What realistic options are left now? I'd say McInnes was the pick of the bunch that have been getting linked.

McInnes could quite easily say he does not want the Rangers job under any circumstances - but he doesn't.

This is it he doesn't ever say he isn't interested in Rangers.

Would like indicate that we haven't shown any interest yet.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mciness' s agent approached one of the rangers board to ask if he would be considered just to put him out his misery.
Rangers said no and both parties kept quiet.

He knows after this length of time he’s clearly not wanted and has to appease the Aberdeen support.

Not our problem anyway, but the way I see it now is the board can either announce a mouth watering appointment or face a serious hard time. Let’s hope they have it under control.

He knows after this length of time he’s clearly not wanted and has to appease the Aberdeen support.

That’s a weird way to look at it, is it not?

We’ve not contacted ANY manager so far apparently, so does that mean we don’t want anyone?

Is that honestly your opinion on the job McInnes has done at Aberdeen? I thought he has done a good job up there, on a substantially lower budget and a team who were languishing in the bottom half of the table.
Yes - my honest opinion is that Aberdeen have been nothing more than average - and during a time when we have been a basket case of a club on and off the field.

He's done nothing special in one of the worst leagues in Europe. His European 'exploits' have also shown that.

Yes - my honest opinion is that Aberdeen have been nothing more than average - and during a time when we have been a basket case of a club on and off the field.

He's done nothing special in one of the worst leagues in Europe. His European 'exploits' have also shown that.
Totally agree mate .might not be popular with some people but on the hole i,d say your correct.

That’s a weird way to look at it, is it not?

We’ve not contacted ANY manager so far apparently, so does that mean we don’t want anyone?

You honestly think if McInnes was our number 1 choice we wouldn’t have got him by now? The club might tell people we haven’t spoken to anyone but after 4 weeks of course we will have spoken to people. The fact it’s kept private can only be a good thing, give the media nothing.

He is under contract in full-time employment with a club and a support to appease. What do folk really expect him to say?

'Derek, there is continued speculation around you becoming the new Rangers manager, can you shed any light on this?'

'Fück knows, mate. I'm desperate to go and get out of this shîtehole. My arse has been making buttons for the last month waiting for my phone to ring, get your finger oot Davie'

Do you think we can afford their salaries?

And what of their squad budget requirements?

Well I would rather we pay the right man a good salary than spend it on another Pena, the right man will get more out of some of these players. He could pay for himself if he gets them playing well and attract suitors later. Cause right now the players are regressing and their sell on potential is falling with it.

I'd put some money on that there were discussions between Derek and Rangers. Issue was that he wanted to have his own people with him and Rangers weren't agreeing to that.

Effectively, our director of football is controlling all the football affairs and we're looking for a first team coach rather than a manager.

He see’s future at Aberdeen however you have to think if we wanted him and made an approach he would probably see his future at Ibrox. He’s not going to sit in a news conference give it “well if Rangers come in I’m on my way” it’s not going to do him much favours with sheep fans given their hatred for us especially if we don’t subsequently make the approach.

It’s a pretty standard answer old my boss asked me at my last appraisal where I seen myself in a year I told him still in the office, a new post came up that I fancied and I went for it and got it. It doesn’t mean I lied to my boss but thing change and change quickly.

If they went on a 20 game losing streak you can bet that the board would be quick to punt him regardless of what wiggy has just came out and said

Unless something has changed, that I have missed, McInnes has made no categorical statement, either way, about leaving Aberdeen or joining Rangers. All McInnes has stated to date (much to the rage of the mhedia) is that 'there has been no contact from any club'. All the soundbites coming out of Pittodrie thereafter, have been uttered by Stewart Milne.

The amount of people saying 'well, he's not going to come out and say he wants to go to Rangers'. No, he isn't. But there is a coded way of denying such a link and he's not using it. I'm surprised at how adamant both he and Milne have been the last couple of days. McCoist also said last week that he's not sure it would be right for McInnes to take the job anyway. I imagine McCoist is in contact with him too.

None of it adds up to McInnes becoming our next manager and he's just waiting for the call.

Eck is certainly last man standing but he has been that for the last twenty month or so nobody wants him why should we want him

I'd put some money on that there were discussions between Derek and Rangers. Issue was that he wanted to have his own people with him and Rangers weren't agreeing to that.

Effectively, our director of football is controlling all the football affairs and we're looking for a first team coach rather than a manager.

Do tell!

So we’re looking for a ‘yes’ man, in other words? Brilliant.

Any manager should be allowed to bring in their own staff. With all due respect to Mark Allen, he’s never been a DoF and he’s barely in the door. I’m not convinced it’s the right thing allowing him to have so much influence over what just might be the most important managerial appointment in our history.

Your theory hits a massive brick wall when you defended Pedro to the hilt, to the death and touted him as some sort of misunderstood, managerial genius.

The amount of people saying 'well, he's not going to come out and say he wants to go to Rangers'. No, he isn't. But there is a coded way of denying such a link and he's not using it. I'm surprised at how adamant both he and Milne have been the last couple of days. McCoist also said last week that he's not sure it would be right for McInnes to take the job anyway. I imagine McCoist is in contact with him too.

None of it adds up to McInnes becoming our next manager and he's just waiting for the call.
Easy to say “I am not interested in the Rangers job and do not wish to be considered for it”
That would unequivocally put it to bed.
He is still speaking in code. It’s just a different code.

The McInnes fanboys will say he has done an "amazing job" at the sheep.

The reality is that he hasn't. He absolutely hasn't.

His "stock" is falsely high for what he has actually 'achieved' on one of the worst leagues in Europe.

He's a decent manager for Aberdeen no where near good enough for us and I will be delighted if he stays with the sheep.

There's also the chance that the Rangers job simply isn't very attractive any more, even for ex-players like McInnes.

What did Ally say? Was it on Talksport or something?

Back