Safe Standing ... Once again

LM1872

Official Ticketer
Just a thread, to see if anyone has heard anything at all regarding safe standing?

Last week at home to Porto must show why we need it, as there was about 6 people to 1 seat (BF1), causing people to stand on seats and people can't see in front of them.

It's ridiculous how this has stagnated.

The club do nothing to improve the matchday experience and atmosphere.

And what other club in Europe locate their most vocal and supportive fans in the location we do???!! It's shameful.

And no-one owns their piece of plastic!!

SG keeps asking for a better atmosphere, so he knows we have a big problem.

Sort it our Rangers and stop the faffing around ffs!

And what other club in Europe locate their most vocal and supportive fans in the location we do???!! It's shameful.

Couldn't agree more, it's when they tell fans to be as loud as possible but don't help them what so ever!!

Just a thread, to see if anyone has heard anything at all regarding safe standing?

Last week at home to Porto must show why we need it, as there was about 6 people to 1 seat (BF1), causing people to stand on seats and people can't see in front of them.

Thought safe standing wasn't allowed in UEFA competitions. I could be wrong though.

For domestic purposes it could really add to the atmosphere.

Thought safe standing wasn't allowed in UEFA competitions. I could be wrong though.

Not sure about the rules mate, but they must be accepted as the scum have them installed!

Think it might be they cant be locked away in europe.

certainly something i am all in favour with,however a couple of recent incidents with our support will i feel give the club the opportunity to kick this can further down the road, an opportunity sadly i think the club will be happy to accept

The rail seats are able to be locked into traditional seats when required, and lifted up into a safe standing area when not.

Thousands of us stand at every away game. When was the last time anyone sat down away?! So there is 100% an appetite for it.
yep, and i am sure the union bears even said they would contribute to costs with the help from fans (not 100% sure)

E

Exactly.

SG requests it for every game, yet the club make no attempt to act constructively.

SG is frustrated, many fans are frustrated, yet the club hide away from it.

I think your twisting what Gerrard says here, he asks for an atmosphere, but he has never said that atmosphere wasn’t good enough. In fact he has praised us many times as one of the best supports in the world. How is giving the people who already stand and sing the full game safe standing going to change how the other 46k act? You would need to roll it out across the full Copland or Broomloan for a significant difference and that will never happen. The piggery atmosphere is the same as ever after they introduced it, it’s the same people singing and the rest joining in sporadically.

Go for a lie down mucker

Got a feeling UB will be behind the goals in BF next season

I think your twisting what Gerrard says here, he asks for an atmosphere, but he has never said that atmosphere wasn’t good enough. In fact he has praised us many times as one of the best supports in the world. How is giving the people who already stand and sing the full game safe standing going to change how the other 46k act? You would need to roll it out across the full Copland or Broomloan for a significant difference and that will never happen. The piggery atmosphere is the same as ever after they introduced it, it’s the same people singing and the rest joining in sporadically.
It needs to be rolled out.

Got a feeling UB will be behind the goals in BF next season
That would be a start.

Other clubs in Europe recognise and value the vocal element of their fanbase. We seem to want to keep them tucked away. It's a nonsense. And SG would 100% agree.

Wish we had people involved with the club who actually understood and appreciated fan culture.

Not sure about the rules mate, but they must be accepted as the scum have them installed!

Think it might be they cant be locked away in europe.
scum dont use it on euro nights and how did people get in without a ticket if you saw six to one seat.

add to that safe standing would still be the same numbers as seated

While I agree it’s a good idea, it’s also expensive. And right now we aren’t exactly flush with cash, we are running at a significant loss.

Id personally park the idea and pour all our resources into both essential ground maintenance and of course players, which is what we are doing.
It's not particularly expensive.

And I can guarantee UB's and other fans would be more than happy to help fund it even if it meant an initial outlay on ticket prices.

I assume you are in the UB section - by what measure do you regard yourselves as the most "supportive fans"? Granted the displays have been outstanding.

IMO Ibrox can be as loud as it wants to be without safe standing. The loudest I ever heard Ibrox was v Dinamo Kiev and Gough's late equaliser v scum in 2-2 game both times around 1987/88. That was even before we had the corners filled in and max capacity was around 44k.

It is all about getting the whole stadium rocking - the Porto bouncy was outstanding and a superb sight.

Before you give me a online boot in the baws, I am not against the idea of safe standing. I would reckon however that financially the club will have other priorities and to be honest the song book still needs cleaned before this is a goer.

This is hardly going to encourage the powers that be to implement it. :D

I assume you are in the UB section - by what measure do you regard yourselves as the most "supportive fans"? Granted the displays have been outstanding.

IMO Ibrox can be as loud as it wants to be without safe standing. The loudest I ever heard Ibrox was v Dinamo Kiev and Gough's late equaliser v scum in 2-2 game both times around 1987/88. That was even before we had the corners filled in and max capacity was around 44k.

It is all about getting the whole stadium rocking - the Porto bouncy was outstanding and a superb sight.

Before you give me a online boot in the baws, I am not against the idea of safe standing. I would reckon however that financially the club will have other priorities and to be honest the song book still needs cleaned before this is a goer.

Safe Standing would not cost that much and if it was in the centre sections of either the Copland (ideally) or the Broomy it would boost the atmosphere significantly and make it more of a spectacle both in the ground and on the TV. I dont believe Bluebrox sits with them but he is a proponent of bettering the atmosphere and i wholly agree with him on that one.

It annoys fck out of alot of people on here but the reasons and excuses for not having it copland front are running out fast.

I am not in the UB's but have two ST's and I normally use the one I have for BF2. So I am near them.

Let's be honest mate, if it wasn't for the UB's the ground would be absolutely silent for the vast majority of games. See example last season when UB's held a silent protest. There was no noise and not one song during that from any other part of the ground.

And let's not forget - for the first hour against Porto the atmosphere was non-existent.

I was at the Kiev game as well so I know all too well how it has been in the past.

But we do need do some changes in the stadium in order to inject a fresh energy which has been lacking for the past couple of decades.

"Most supportive". Interesting choice of words to get everyone on side.
In terms of providing active support the UB's absolutely do it the most. They don't just sing when we are winning. Last week was the classic example. The rest of the stadium only came to life after we scored. UB's were "supporting" throughout the game. That's just a fact. It's a shame, but it is the truth.

In terms of providing active support the UB's absolutely do it the most. They don't just sing when we are winning. Last week was the classic example. The rest of the stadium only came to life after we scored. UB's were "supporting" throughout the game. That's just a fact. It's a shame, but it is the truth.

I disagree with your initial sentiment though mate, which is cool.

IF safe standing is implemented (which it hopefully will be) in any other area aside from BF1 then it shouldn't be assumed that the UBs will be accommodated as priority over anyone else. Be a difficult one for the club, although manageable.

scum dont use it on euro nights and how did people get in without a ticket if you saw six to one seat.

add to that safe standing would still be the same numbers as seated
They come in to Broomloan front and then come over to bf1 as that is where the atmosphere is?

Where does the 6 people to 1 seat come from? Got nothing against SS if that's what the BF fans want. That being the case we introduce it in that area because I see no good reason to move people from say, The Copland.

I disagree with your initial sentiment though mate, which is cool.

IF safe standing is implemented (which it hopefully will be) in any other area aside from BF1 then it shouldn't be assumed that the UBs will be accommodated as priority over anyone else. Be a difficult one for the club, although manageable.
No arguments from me on that mate.

The key is for the club, UB's and other fans to work together to achieve the best outcome. It should be possible if a pragmatic approach is taken by everyone involved. This can be done.

The atmosphere against Porto was as poor as I have ever seen it for a European game. That was up until the 65th minute when everyone stood up. What happened next, we score 2 goals and record a great European win. The evidence is there

No arguments from me on that mate.

The key is for the club, UB's and other fans to work together to achieve the best outcome. It should be possible if a pragmatic approach is taken by everyone involved. This can be done.

Absolutely. Best way forward is collaborative working. Hopefully this eventually happens.

Where does the 6 people to 1 seat come from? Got nothing against SS if that's what the BF fans want. That being the case we introduce it in that area because I see no good reason to move people from say, The Copland.
No idea mate, my guess is bf2/3/4 etc

The atmosphere against Porto was as poor as I have ever seen it for a European game. That was up until the 65th minute when everyone stood up. What happened next, we score 2 goals and record a great European win. The evidence is there
Exactly. We don't help ourselves.

Atmosphere and support does matter. Why do we think SG is constantly asking for us to up the atmosphere?!

Yep, we seen them wilt under the atmosphere as it got better. Same thing happened against Legia. We were on top that whole game but we started really getting at them and penetrating once the atmosphere built (just before, and continued after the legia fans started their pyro display) and we ended up with the win.

I am not in the UB's but have two ST's and I normally use the one I have for BF2. So I am near them.

Let's be honest mate, if it wasn't for the UB's the ground would be absolutely silent for the vast majority of games. See example last season when UB's held a silent protest. There was no noise and not one song during that from any other part of the ground.

And let's not forget - for the first hour against Porto the atmosphere was non-existent.

I was at the Kiev game as well so I know all too well how it has been in the past.

But we do need do some changes in the stadium in order to inject a fresh energy which has been lacking for the past couple of decades.

I agree the lack of atmosphere is a concern.

I think to be fair regarding the Porto atmosphere - there is a hint of the old nervousness coming back for European games - I am now feeling it myself. I have been enjoying the Euro nights with no expectations since we got back to that level, however considering how well we are doing I can feel myself dreaming again.

I think what I am trying to say is the UB need to prove to the club they are ready for the responsibility of being our choir masters from a safe standing section. By saying that I am in no way saying the UB are to blame for every naughty song - I used to sing those songs so am as much to blame as anyone.

The board has made it clear where they are going with the everyone anyone campaign - so we need to embrace that and tidy up the song book.

Few hundred grand at most. Sure i remember the tims spent something around that on it

A few hundred grand sounds incredibly cheap - where is this number coming from? Everything at the piggery is done on the cheap.

The club dont want it and it’ll never happen with those in charge imo
Sadly..... I think this is the actual reality.

Hope they prove me wrong though. I'd imagine our manager would want some sort of changes made in order to help inject a regular and consistent atmosphere within our stadium.

When we do get our act together at Ibrox it can be great and it puts smiles on everyone's faces. Surely we all want more of that.

Back