Tax Officials Blamed For Rangers Downfall – HMRC Mistake Wipes Millions From Ibrox Bill (The Times)

The company can recommence trading. That might be enough. Maybe it could carry on.

A liquidation can be "recalled" in certain circumstances but I'm not sure that would apply in this situation.

Dave King said that he believed the oldco could be restored and the suggestion was widely ridiculed at the time.

I don't know if this development means he'll be right or not. To be honest, I'm fuking raging thinking about it all.

Take our emotions out of it for a moment. HMRC's actions caused a company to go into admin and almost be liquidated. The actual company is f all now as it's assets have been sold.

But back to emotions, oldco must sue HMRC and the SPFL. Our name was destroyed by this action, and we are now just getting back to some what normality.

They made our brand toxic with the £100m+ tax bill shite that meant no one would touch us and left us to that cnt whyte.

This is beyond a scandal btw, this has to be investigated, preferably by someone out of Scotland.
So could the new company not transfer its assets to oldco and reinstate the trading licence and then we’d be entitled to some compensation? I’m not exactly educated with this stuff

maybe we should start our own resolution2012 strip the tainted titles ..

lets all see what tomorrow brings but if this all plays out as described then we must either through the "oldco" the exisiting club or both together, seek immediate legal recourse over what has happened

I think folk are jumping the gun a wee bit, and naturally so after these shocking revelations. Firstly, HMRC need to publicly accept responsibility for their catastrophic mistakes and apologise. Next, the individuals at HMRC who assessed this grossly inflated and incorrect tax bill should be named, shamed, then sacked. No stone must remain unturned, however, in discovering who at HMRC was breaching Data Protection regulations when private and confidential information regarding our club was repeatedly leaked into the public domain.

Nope, that is too lenient, needs taken to court for whatever the legal name is. If deliberate which we all know it was, then its fraudulent activity that has cost the oldco shareholders millions. And it has enormous snowball effects.

I think folk are jumping the gun a wee bit, and naturally so after these shocking revelations. Firstly, HMRC need to publicly accept responsibility for their catastrophic mistakes and apologise. Next, the individuals at HMRC who assessed this grossly inflated and incorrect tax bill should be named, shamed, then sacked. No stone must remain unturned, however, in discovering who at HMRC was breaching Data Protection regulations when private and confidential information regarding our club was repeatedly leaked into the public domain.

According to the story they have acknowledged their error so - unless the writer is making up or twisting things - they cannot deny they are responsible.

There are individuals at HMRC who need fxxking hunted and there will be outsiders who have been applying pressure on those HMRC individuals.

I want fxxking answers and people in jail.

Looking forward to the King speaking

Until then I’m honestly just not sure what to think, what will happen next etc

It’s utterly disgraceful that’s for sure

Do you reckon a statement from DK will be coming within the next 24 hours or so?

You might have a point. It was something King talked about before.
I was thinking transfer the assets of the new company to the oldco and be entitled to compensation that way? Although I’m not sure if that’s a viable/legitimate option

Yeh was waiting on that .:D to be honest it’s a pretty uncool story . It just all came back to me upon reading tonight’s Times story . Believe me or believe me not , makes no odds to me squire .
No it really is a cool story!
Not doubting you at all, in fact it lends a lot more credence to this latest breaking news by suggesting that it has been an angle for a very long time.
Surely King knew back then too?
But if he thought he could recall the liquidation then why bother fighting Sports Direct in the courts?
More than anything I’d like to see the Oldco reinstated just to shut people up and turn the tables on them.
Perhaps they could show some contrition for the way that they’ve behaved??!!

To be honest I’m kind of lost with all this claims and counterclaims. One thing I’m absolutely sure about though is Dave King will be all over this with a fine toothcomb.Roll on the AGM and maybe we can get a lot of our questions answered.

Who can sue them though Tags?

Technically the Newco doesn't have a relationship with the Oldco as we're a different company.

From what i can see, only Murray and Whyte(as previous owners of the oldco) and Green (as, i believe) current owner of Oldco, could have a claim. And i have zero interest in these guys making money from this situation.

Don’t forget king and probably Johnston

That paedophile rangers tax case twitter account has come out of hibernation. Cant link the tweets for some reason.

Who runs that account ?

it reads from the liquidator's report on that tweet

the claim for 94M total of which 74M was the big tax case

has been reduced to 68M with further challenges taking place

so 20 odd million wiped off it

does this leave the final creditors pot anywhere near break even?

could they still have fucked the CVA?

The group of people responsible will have known this day would come, they will have all the retorts ready and waiting.
If fall guys are required, they'll already be in place.

From inflated tax bills, to whyte being in place and everything else that followed, zero doubt in my mind it was orchestrated, the stench was there all the way through that lengthy episode.

Regardless of what happens now, the damage has already been done.

Can all us loonies play Dylan's conspiracy bingo again? :rolleyes:

I was thinking transfer the assets of the new company to the oldco and be entitled to compensation that way? Although I’m not sure if that’s a viable/legitimate option

Hopefully someone with far greater legal expertise than myself can help us out with that one haha. In theory it would be the ideal scenario I would imagine.

Looking forward to the King speaking

Until then I’m honestly just not sure what to think, what will happen next etc

It’s utterly disgraceful that’s for sure

I’m not sure King will want to see the shine taken off of his Rangers story. After all, nothing can change the fact that Murray brought EBT’s to the club, sold to Whyte and then disappeared off the face of the earth. He wont get his £20M back and I doubt he’ll rejoice if Murray stands to gain anything at all.

Nope, that is too lenient, needs taken to court for whatever the legal name is. If deliberate which we all know it was, then its fraudulent activity that has cost the oldco shareholders millions. And it has enormous snowball effects.

If this was the peasants who were deliberately fooked over like we were by HMRC, there would be an emergency debate at Holyrood with MSP's recalled and demands for heads to roll and jail time for those involved if proven that acts were deliberately made to destroy their club. A full and independent public inquiry would also be a given. The fog is slowly clearing now to this entire HMRC debacle, that much is true.

This is an absolute scandal of epic scales and if HMRC are found guilty of overstating fines by £50m then there has to be repercussions

An independent public inquiry is essential

We basically have a Govt body making an “error” of this magnitude and refusing a CVA and their calculator was of the Seville variety

People responsible need pursued

Definitely need to raise an action against HMRC for damages

If this is 100% accurate all the cuunts who have questioned our integrity in the mhedia should be ridiculed as they are scumbags

As posted before

If a crime has been committed the police always look to see who benefits the most and we all know Nonce FC have been the biggest beneficiary of our financial downfall

I hope Dave King has a plan

David Murray and BDO need to raise legal action against HMRC

I remember seeing in the CVA doc and it's always stuck with me.

HMRC were given in the CVA quote "for voting purposes" - a claim of £94.4m. In the debt listing HMRC were always shown as TBD as there had been no decision from the FTT at that point.

When it came to the vote, HMRC were classed as having WON the BTC when they only had an actual debt of £!5m which appears to be wrong as well, due to the penalties they added to the PAYE & NI.

We have been well and truly stiched up.

1. Murray was being chased for tax against all his companies, RFC being one of them, which had the biggest tax liability according to HRMC.

2. He sold RFC to Whyte, along with contingent tax liabilities.

3. Whyte failed to pay tax and, if I remember correctly, NI contributions and subsequently applied for a CVA which was rejected.

Whyte was a f*ckin shyster - that is not in dispute.
However, Murray was under pressure from HRMC and wanted out to protect the rest of his empire.
Which Donald Muir told him to sell because of potential btc

I remember seeing in the CVA doc and it's always stuck with me.

HMRC were given in the CVA quote "for voting purposes" - a claim of £94.4m. In the debt listing HMRC were always shown as TBD as there had been no decision from the FTT at that point.

When it came to the vote, HMRC were classed as having WON the BTC when they only had an actual debt of £!5m which appears to be wrong as well, due to the penalties they added to the PAYE & NI.

We have been well and truly stiched up.

It stunk at the time then we had the walzing in of Green from the ether and the money those sharks took, now this. All very murky.

FFS just had a horrible thought, will the tax experts aka Thompson and Spiers get prime time again?

I’m not sure King will want to see the shine taken off of his Rangers story. After all, nothing can change the fact that Murray brought EBT’s to the club, sold to Whyte and then disappeared off the face of the earth. He wont get his £20M back and I doubt he’ll rejoice if Murray stands to gain anything at all.

Isn't DK a creditor of the OldCo and therefore due recompense in any payout?

DK is no mug , as evidenced by his 20 year battle with the SA tax authorities.
I firmly believe he has the heart to go after HMRC to restore our good name.

Isn't DK a creditor of the OldCo and therefore due recompense in any payout?

DK is no mug , as evidenced by his 20 year battle with the SA tax authorities.
I firmly believe he has the heart to go after HMRC to restore our good name.
If he does We will be forever in his debt

David Murray is on the hook for his part in what happened to us and trying to save his own erse. He ran up a huge debt to HBoS but he didn't count on the global recession of the late noughties.

The real culprits are Lloyds Bank, who were spooked due to the media coverage at the time had Rangers tried, convicted and ready for execution - without an actual trial taking place, much less a verdict.

HMRC & Lloyds Bank should be the ones facing Legal Action from every supporter who lost any sum of money, beit shares or debenture seats. And we should ruin them like they almost did to us.

Back