Barry reckons Morelos could go for £30m

Listen mate I hope I’m wrong but can’t see us getting more than 20-23

I think we're a fair bit beyond £20m now. £25m minimum but I don't see £30m as too much of a stretch.

One thing to keep in mind with Morelos is that this isn't one season of playing well and scoring, he's been doing it for 2 and a half seasons with constant improvement across the entire spell. It's clear this isn't a flash in the pan and it's a virtually no-risk signing for someone – he's proven consistently that he's an excellent player.

What makes you believe/know this?

We need the money we posted an 11 million pound loss and we still have the rest of the season to go and we still owe Ashley an undetermined amount in January.
I'd say it's our only option to get some real money in.

This as well.

RANGERS star Alfredo Morelos’ agent has fired a warning to potential clubs interested in the hitman to act soon.

The Gers ace has been on red hot form for Steven Gerrard’s side this season so far and finished the league’s top goalscorer last campaign too.

He has scored 22 goals already this term in all competitions, including 11 in the Europa League.

SunSport revealed that Crystal Palace are among keen parties to swoop for the Colombian.

And now one of the 23-year-old’s representatives has told potential suitors to come in for him sooner rather than later – because the longer they wait, the more money it’ll take to snap him up.

Theofilos Karasavvidis, who works for World in Motion – the representatives of the striker – claims the Ibrox club do NOT have a massive fee placed on his head.

Gaffer Gerrard insisted after their 3-0 Betfred semi-final win over Hearts that Morelos would ‘100%’ not be sold in the upcoming January window.

This was backed up by new sporting director Ross Wilson who said the fan’s favourite would ‘categorically’ not be moving on just yet.

However, speaking to Tuttomercatoweb, Karasavvidis said: “He is a player who has always scored a lot since he arrived in Europe.

“This is a goal machine. He is a player worth following, (clubs) who want a striker must come and follow him.

“He does not have a very high value. My advice is to take him before his name is on everyone’s lips.”

Aston Villa are also said to be tracking Morelos who has been one of the standout players from the Premiership this season

I think we're a fair bit beyond £20m now. £25m minimum but I don't see £30m as too much of a stretch.

One thing to keep in mind with Morelos is that this isn't one season of playing well and scoring, he's been doing it for 2 and a half seasons with constant improvement across the entire spell. It's clear this isn't a flash in the pan and it's a virtually no-risk signing for someone – he's proven consistently that he's an excellent player.
I hope you’re right

We need the money we posted an 11 million pound loss and we still have the rest of the season to go and we still owe Ashley an undetermined amount in January.
I'd say it's our only option to get some real money in.

This as well.

RANGERS star Alfredo Morelos’ agent has fired a warning to potential clubs interested in the hitman to act soon.

The Gers ace has been on red hot form for Steven Gerrard’s side this season so far and finished the league’s top goalscorer last campaign too.

He has scored 22 goals already this term in all competitions, including 11 in the Europa League.

SunSport revealed that Crystal Palace are among keen parties to swoop for the Colombian.

And now one of the 23-year-old’s representatives has told potential suitors to come in for him sooner rather than later – because the longer they wait, the more money it’ll take to snap him up.

Theofilos Karasavvidis, who works for World in Motion – the representatives of the striker – claims the Ibrox club do NOT have a massive fee placed on his head.

Gaffer Gerrard insisted after their 3-0 Betfred semi-final win over Hearts that Morelos would ‘100%’ not be sold in the upcoming January window.

This was backed up by new sporting director Ross Wilson who said the fan’s favourite would ‘categorically’ not be moving on just yet.

However, speaking to Tuttomercatoweb, Karasavvidis said: “He is a player who has always scored a lot since he arrived in Europe.

“This is a goal machine. He is a player worth following, (clubs) who want a striker must come and follow him.

“He does not have a very high value. My advice is to take him before his name is on everyone’s lips.”

Aston Villa are also said to be tracking Morelos who has been one of the standout players from the Premiership this season
First reason, despite King saying different?
Second reason, agent pushing his player?

Just don’t think a player from the spl will leave for 30m, would love us to get 30 plus for Alfie but just don’t think we will

A full back from the SPFL just went for £25m.

The idea that a young prolific goalscorer in the same league would go for more isn't unrealistic.

That goes for Edouard at the Tims as well. Both players should be going for more than Tierney

A full back from the SPFL just went for £25m.

The idea that a young prolific goalscorer in the same league would go for more isn't unrealistic.

That goes for Edouard at the Tims as well. Both players should be going for more than Tierney
The clamour by some to talk down our assets is strange. Said it on Kamara thread the other day hopefully the people in charge of the club are up to speed on the transfer market especially when English clubs are involved cause a large number of our fans aren't.

As i said we will see in January, I think it makes sense financially for us to sell him.
If it was about financial sense and getting money in January it will be kamara that is sold(which I think will happen) and not morelos as it would be too much of a risk to our title challenge as any replacement would have to hit the ground running.

The noises around Kamara makes me think it will be him that's moved on in January. That and getting through Europa would mean no need to sell Morelos as we wouldn't be running at a loss.

Yes, Kamara would be one we could lose and it has less impact on the team but Morelos is the more valuable asset.
We will see in January.

The fact that Alfie is scoring in Europe against decent teams, will inflate his stock, and not just be judged on poor SPL defences. Like the bheggars have in recent years, it's time we are not rolled over in terms of offers, and considering what they held out for with Tierney, IMO £30m it's where the bidding should begin, particularly if offers come in January.

And that it is in his best interests to stay at the club until the Summer.

Well said Barry, yet there are still many bitter folk on here who claim all he does is talk up the dark side etc etc.
There are no bitter folk, Barry has been hostile in the recent past

Back