Brown may fancy a Scotland recall if they make Euro finals

Bonnyloyal

But Brown, 34, has left the door open to pulling on the national shirt again if Steve Clarke’s side make it through March’s play-offs.
Asked if Clarke was to sound him out, Brown said: “They still have two games to get through but you never say never.
“It would be phenomenal to get to a finals after 22 years. Football’s a funny game and you never know.
“I’m in a good place fitness-wise in terms of my body and I make sure I keep myself ticking over
“But it’s been hard for me to watch the Scotland games because you always want to be playing in them. I need to look after No 1 though.
“My wish is I could still be playing for Celtic and Scotland at the age of 45.
“But there comes a time when you have to make sure your body’s okay and give yourself the best chance of continuing to play for your club.”

Makes a mockery of the whole situation if he gets called up.

You can’t just keep retiring and then going “oh I fancy that game or tournament”, he done it with the England game before.

If we qualify those who earned it should go. No doubt Tierney will suddenly be fit and raring to go should Scotland qualify.

i wouldnt like it if he did but he'd no be the first larsson and ibrahimovic spring to mind with sweden, michael laudrap with danes too

It's like guys I played with years ago at amateur level. A few defeats and they wouldn't turn up for games. When they heard the team had won a few games and were in a cup semi-final they suddenly started to turn up and were all palsy-walsy with the manager. If Clarke has anything about him he should tell him him his services are no longer required.

Should be told to %^*& off. Won’t be though, and gives me another reason not to give one flying %^*& about the international team.

A supposed bear on Snyde tonight was waxing lyrically about what a magnificent human being, leader of men on the park, a gifted player, and a superstar who we all should be grateful he is still playing today. Nearly crashed my car punching the radio at that point.

A supposed bear on Snyde tonight was waxing lyrically about what a magnificent human being, leader of men on the park, a gifted player, and a superstar who we all should be grateful he is still playing today. Nearly crashed my car punching the radio at that point.

I’m just shocked people still listen to Clyde when you’ve got a hundred top quality podcasts to listen to nowadays.

Comfortably been six years since they assaulted my ears.

If he couldn't be arsed going to Kazakhstan / Cyprus/ Russia then he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad. Unless he is guaranteed an injury that rules him out for the season.

Reactions: jtc
No sorry pal not you at all
Just hate that prick and can’t believe the esteem he is held in. I’m no Scotland fan anymore and it’s indicative of how far we have fallen that this idiot is spoken of in the same bracket as proper Scottish players from the past. He is an imposter but the fault lies with the people that put him on his pedestal

Back