Bruno Alves

Buffallo72

Any news on when he will be back? Despite not exactly setting the heather on fire you can see what we are missing without him playing. Will Murty (or Kenny) play him if he is fit ?

Really fear for us on Wednesday without him and Morelos playing.

Something not quite right and he should never have been left out for Wilson.

I hope he is back for Wednesday our team desperately needs an old head to steady it and hopefully he can spur some these no-hopers.

Any news on when he will be back? Despite not exactly setting the heather on fire you can see what we are missing without him playing. Will Murty (or Kenny) play him if he is fit ?

Really fear for us on Wednesday without him and Morelos playing.
As you say will Murty (or Kenny) play him or remain stubborn and play their mates ?

I am struggling to believe he's injured but that's purely an opinion.

That is also my opinion. Misses Celtic game injured, goes away and trains fully with Portugal. Benched for a game then is suddenly injured again.

He may have a niggling injury that in normal circumstances players would play through but this season is looking a write off, he is close to 100 caps and the World Cup is next year. Are you going to bust a gut for a temporary manager who picks effectively our third and fith (possibly 6th) choice centre backs before him ?

At the start of the season I think the pecking order was Alves, Cardoso, Danny Wilson, Bates, Aiden Wilson then McCrorie. McCrorie probably only came in as Bates was initially injured and impressed. However I didn't see us losing the goals we have lately even with Bates in the team.

I doubt we’ll see him in a blue shirt again, there’s something not right about the situation

Just my opinion, no info & not claiming to be itk

Agree with the above in that his injury is a lot of shite.

We've lost our last two games, conceding two cheap goals in each game in the process, whilst our best centre back looks on from the stands.

Only at Rangers.

Last edited:
The training gallery from the day before the Dundee game would suggest there's nothing wrong with his back.

This needs sorted out before Wednesday, and I would also play Cardoso beside him and take young Ross out of the firing line at this time.

Not confident in anything buddy it's turned in to a massive circus .

What I do know is any manager with half a clue wouldn't pick any of our CB's before even a half fit Alves.

That's definitely true. But surely even a youth coach should be picking Alves over anyone. It's not like him and WIlson are close on the ability level :D

Will he start though?
If Dorrans is fit do you think Holt will keep his place? I think there’s something else going on here with the Alves situation.
Dorrans is starting the next stage of his treatment next week, a few weeks away yet

This place is mental. Bullshit rumour last week that everyone was desperate to lap up, Murty says it’s bullshit, so folk start making up their own wee negative stories.

This happens as there is no communication with the support.
Still no explanation about wtf is up with Rossiter. If you don’t communicate with the fans the void will get filled by stuff like this.

I despair.

Looking for any “positive “,hope he’s fit for Wednesday,don’t want to go to Ibrox for the wrong 3 in a row.

Not only should he be back in the team but he should be wearing the captain's arm band (Miller shouldn't be featuring).

I'd also be pairing him with Cardoso (although I can see the argument for McCrorie to continue).

This place is mental. Bullshit rumour last week that everyone was desperate to lap up, Murty says it’s bullshit, so folk start making up their own wee negative stories.

I despair.
Even the mentally challenged loving press admitted the story was fake news.

I’m injured and still training with my 11s team. I’m not fit for a competitive match.

The idea that you can’t have a niggling injury but also train is so much nonsense.

It is possible but let's be honest here, it's unlikely.

Is it possible that in the fûcking circus our club has become in the last year that somehow Alves is missing games due to internal politics within the club?

If we are being truthful, and knowing how much of a shambles our club has been recently, the possibility of Alves missing games due to internal politics is much more likely than a situation where he's able to train without playing.

It is possible but let's be honest here, it's unlikely.

Is it possible that in the fûcking circus our club has become in the last year that somehow Alves is missing games due to internal politics within the club?

If we are being truthful, and knowing how much of a shambles our club has been recently, the possibility of Alves missing games due to internal politics is much more likely than a situation where he's able to train without playing.

Highly unlikely based on what? Some guesswork from fish wives on follow follow?

I’m done on here for the day. Place is even more ridiculous than normal.

I’m injured and still training with my 11s team. I’m not fit for a competitive match.

The idea that you can’t have a niggling injury but also train is so much nonsense.

Take your point mate but if it's a back injury bad enough for him not to play he shouldn't be training.

Highly unlikely based on what? Some guesswork from fish wives on follow follow?

I’m done on here for the day. Place is even more ridiculous than normal.

It's unlikely down to the fact that players training whilst injured is a fairly uncommon situation. Especially with a back injury.

Yes it may happen, but it's unlikely as I said. Nothing to do with FF fish wives.

He was training with the fitness coach himself in those photos.

Somebody also said he was out watching one of the youth games.

Not the actions of somebody who isnt interested.

He was training with the fitness coach himself in those photos.

Somebody also said he was out watching one of the youth games.

Not the actions of somebody who isnt interested.

Some of the comments on here basically accusing a pro like Alves of feigning injury are absolutely shocking.

What is the rationale of people saying he’s at it? Just “a hunch”???

Doing the papers job for them...

if Alves was on last night the first goal wouldn’t have happened he’d have attacked that ball and put it in row z

Murtys biggest mistake he should’ve went straight back in the team when fit
Yeah cause when bruno plays we dont lose goals. To become a good rangers player all you need to do is be injured .

Back