Barišić Possibly out of the final

Flanagan always needs a good few games to get up to speed, we have seen this in the past and he was our best player in the last old firm but he cant play when he isn't match fit

We need to hope he’s fit, we looked so limited from the left without him. I don’t want this to be seen as a criticism of JF but he doesn’t give the same going forward, it’s not his game the number of times he checked back and looked to pass inside or back last night was unreal.

Borna gives much more his ability to get forward pushes the opponent back constantly and his final ball 9 times out of 10 is outstanding

Gaffer said after the game that Barišić has been limping and took a few kicks on his foot which has resulted in bruising.

wouldn’t trust Flanagan against Forrest on Sunday, especially after tonight’s performance
Gerrard didn’t say “Barasic possibly out of final” a drama filled headline! How unusual for FF.

SG did mention pre match last night that the Aberdeen game was too quick for him so rested due to receiving a few kicks on his foot, I'm confident he'll play on Sunday.

Flanagan actually played Forrest really well at the game at Ibrox. Despite them winning 2-0 he completely neutralized him. He just needs to get rid of the ball as soon as he gets it unlike today
Spot on. I remember James Forrest being substituted and thinking "Wow, he has been quiet!"
Having said that, I'm sure Flanagan had been playing a good bit more in the run up to that game. I'm not sure he's at that level just now in terms of fitness / match sharpness.
It's Borna's deliveries we'll miss rather than his defensive attributes to be honest.

I’ll be gutted for Barisic if he doesn’t make the final. Who’d have thought he’d have had a thread like this 12 months ago. Fair play to him he’s one of the 1st names on the team sheet now!

Sounded in the pre match that he would play.

After last night and Borna now knowing the script and demands, he’ll find a way to play.

Flanagan didn’t play bad but the constant checking into his right slowed us right down and made us predictable, id play Halliday ahead to offer better balance
Didn’t play bad? %^*& me, what is playing bad in your view then?

It was his man who he let get to the ball first then run across the goal for the first goal.

The second goal comes from his skuffing the ball out of ball with nobody anywhere near him, he then doesn’t pick anybody up at the throw in.

He is a fucking bombscare of a boy.

Didn’t play bad? %^*& me, what is playing bad in your view then?

It was his man who he let get to the ball first then run across the goal for the first goal.

The second goal comes from his skuffing the ball out of ball with nobody anywhere near him, he then doesn’t pick anybody up at the throw in.

He is a fucking bombscare of a boy.
I didn’t rate out central defence last night but I think Jon Flanagan was partly to blame for their nervous showing.

Not sure if there is any truth in the link with the Olympiakos left back, but if our main option if Barisic is injured is putting in a right back who doesn’t have a left foot, then I can understand why we may be moving for someone in Jan. you want to be able to replace quality with quality. Whenever Flanagan or Halliday are put in there it is obvious they are playing in a an unnatural position

Reactions: BWO
If he does play one of the scum will get a sly stamp on his foot in, nothing surer now they know it’s the problem

Not so long ago Halliday was written off in the wilderness.

Now people want him to play.

A player who has been so bad in some of these fixtures that the mentally challengeds chant his name. I'd be deeply disturbed if either Flanagan or Halliday has to start this game although on balance it would still be Flanagan.

I'm pretty sure we'll throw Borna in though. This game is massive and more important than even Young Boys. A "slight knock" isn't really something that should be keeping him out. The way he's been playing he ought to be champing at the bit to start.

I'll re-iterate the point though because I think it's important, if you're sat there typing that you think Halliday should play, take a breath and log off for a bit. Because you know in your heart of hearts its still just some hysterics you're letting off from last night.

Borna was rested last night ,we can make up for last night points drop over the season,we cant make up for Sunday,good management by Steven Gerrard,.

Win the cup Borna and then rest up for a couple of weeks. He is genuinely so important to our entire set up now. Barisic to Alfie. Boom. It's lethal. Not to mention the balance and composure he brings to the left side. We'll see much more of Kent too with Borna bombing on and allowing him to drift into pockets. I'll be waaay more confident if he makes it.

I know Flanagan wasn't great yesterday however he was one of the only pass marks in the last old firm and kept Forrest out of the game entirely it shows he is capable of doing the job but needs to be much more switched on than yesterday

I think he will play but need to be careful with cortisone injections as they only mask the pain. They’re not intended to be a long term solution. If he could get to the winter break on them, that’d be great

Absolutely agree Gecko.

Amazing how many injuries that guys had this year. Didn’t he get a couple of head knocks in Europe too ?

Absolutely agree Gecko.

Amazing how many injuries that guys had this year. Didn’t he get a couple of head knocks in Europe too ?
Don’t recall a head knock, but he’s had his fair share of behind battered around. Looked at the fixtures for rest of month, hopefully he can make it through. Hopefully it is just some bruising and pain and not an actually injury because I get the absolute fear about using cortisone to mask injuries because you’re guaranteed to make them worse

My current favourite player (would also like
To add I never wrote him off. Almost did after Killie away this year)

Back