Match Thread Rangers v Celtic - 15:00 Sunday - BT Sport

Whoever decided to change the penalty taker needs a long hard look at themselves. We have 2 players for dead ball situations so if you're going to change, give it to the other one, Barisic. Nobody but ourselves to blame for that. If cash available, need more players with experience of winning silverware. No leaders out there

I really and truly hope heads roll for that because it was unthinkable that we’d lose the game, but to lose it in that manner is sickening beyond belief.

where do we go from here?

how do we pick ourselves up to claw back the points in the league with a trip to Parkhead looming?

can anyone honestly see us winning that?

That's the difference between winners and losers. They are still the best team in Scotland but we are getting better and we will win in the future i am sure. Our big players don't turn up like their players do.

What you do against them can define your Rangers career, the Alfie / Tav penalty situation will be a tough one to forget.

Since the 2012 stitch up we have as a club a losers mentality which will not change until we win a meaningful trophy. Until then we are serial losers and second best. All we are as it stands is the Rangers version of Tommy Burns celtic who played some good football but won nothing.

Absolutely one of the most embarrassing defeats I’ve witnessed in over 30 years of watching Rangers.

Dominant, missed chances, getting worse after a red card and ultimately losing to one of the opposition sides only 2 chances, which was offside.

Fùck off.
I cant quite describe how low i feel after this. It tells us one thing absolutely , this team will win nothing. They have absolutely zero winning ability. worst defeat to them in years and yes i include all the tankings. frankly as low as i have felt since the hibs debacle and this is a gizillion times worse.

It starts with us not being good enough or clinical enough in front of goal.

They had 4 attempts at goal to our 19.

They had one attempt on target to our 10.

Right there. That’s the problem. We’ve need far too many chances to score today.

they are good enough, we dominated the game.

the finishing is down to bottle, courage and determination to win and composure.
We didn’t have it, the nerves got the better of them and we shat our pants, once again.

The only upside from this is we know we can take them, played them off the park for almost the whole game but lost out to a dubious goal, I'm confident we'll win at least two of the three games left in the league.

Before the moaning and finger pointing gets fully under way I’d just say that on the day we were the better team but just couldn’t convert our chances.
100%.

The moment it turned was the pen and red card.

When we missed that it was all over. That was the moment we equalise and go on to win it against a demoralised opponent. Instead we don't have the bottle to do it and give them hope they can hold on.

we reap what we sow, dignified silence about the standard of referees gets you nothing in this world

Unbelievable losing that. Sickened. The better team throughout and missed countless chances. Morelos could have scored about 6 today and we all know that’s not even an exaggeration. I’m not sure I’ll ever manage to get my head round that defeat. Unfortunately just unlucky I think. Their keeper had a great game and our 25 goal striker just couldn’t score.

That was the worst of all worlds - totally dominated them, had multiple chances to score, our leading scorer missed a penalty, they were a man down, they scored a dubious goal with one of their very very attacks - what a debacle

Wtf do you do when you are against fate? Should have had an earlier penalty, keeper makes few great saves, miss fecking penalty, man sent off and we still cant do it, beaten by an offside fecking goal where was the linesman? Gutting staggering and unbelievable we lost that? Sickening!

No such thing as fate.

You bury the penalty. You find a way to beat them with one of the 7 or 8 shots on target. They played with 10 men for near enough half an hour. Couldn't find a way to win that game.

That's the difference between winners and losers. They are still the best team in Scotland but we are getting better and we will win in the future i am sure. Our big players don't turn up like their players do.

Only their keeper turned up today.

If there was ever a game that we should of won then that was it, bloody unlucky doesn't cover it, goal against run of play, we played really well but just no luck and their keeper played a stormer.
Bastards

Back