No critisicm of anybody today

Our players gave absolutely everything. Every single fibre of their being. Dominated from start to finish.

We lost to a goal that shouldn't have stood and a Celtic keeper channeling 1990s Andy Goram.

Absolutely heartbroken here but we've just seen our team absolutely boss them for 96 minutes and get done, fucking done by a linesman and a great goalkeeping performance.

Apart from Forster zero credit is due to that mob. Absolutely none.

Right - except my spelling of criticism in the fucking thread title!
Totally. I can’t fault any man. The league is ours. The luck has to run out.

We didn't. We were unlucky and any other day we'd have scored 4 or 5. When a keeper is in that kind of form all you can do is keep plugging away and hope it comes. It didn't, but it wasn't down to lack of bottle ffs.
Yes, any day where a trophy wasn’t on the line we’d have scored 4/5, I agree. Not much bottle needed on those days though.

Today on the other hand...

Our players gave absolutely everything. Every single fibre of their being. Dominated from start to finish.

We lost to a goal that shouldn't have stood and a Celtic keeper channeling 1990s Andy Goram.

Absolutely heartbroken here but we've just seen our team absolutely boss them for 96 minutes and get done, fucking done by a linesman and a great goalkeeping performance.

%^*& sake.

The only thing worse than our result is your spelling of criticism.

But on a more serious note, I agree with you.

Great post

Aribo was poor and Kent for £7m could have done more
As a team we were brilliant...it just wasn't to be.....its now about what we - and they - respond

Morelos was shite. Forster had one good save, from Jack, the rest were straight at him.
The penalty was poor but every other effort was either on target and well saved by Lurch or incredibly unlucky (the one that ran across the line). Fact is Alfie was one of our star men today, involved in everything. Where was Kent’s direct running? Or Barasic’s delivery’s? Or Arfields through balls? These are the real culprits.

Alfie's performance today sums up the main problem. Because of where we have been, the pressure for success is immense. Those players out there today get it. They get it so much that its caused. them to lack the composure that would have got us over the line. I truly believe that we are a better team. Everything is moving in the right direction. The only thing between us and 55 is a mental barrier, a barrier that we where so close to breaking. If we can go there in December and turn them over, the tide will turn.

Yes, any day where a trophy wasn’t on the line we’d have scored 4/5, I agree. Not much bottle needed on those days though.

Today on the other hand...

You can criticise the missed chances but we kept at them and came up against a keeper having the game of his life. There was no lack of bottle out there today, just luck.

You can criticise the missed chances but we kept at them and came up against a keeper having the game of his life. There was no lack of bottle out there today, just luck.
Okay. The hard luck story, let’s play that the rest of the season and watch them win their 4th treble in a row.

we were superb today. We just couldn’t score. It happens. This team are growing though. The big prizes are given out in May. Win that and this is forgotten.

The drama queens will have you believe we are shitbags. That’s not the case. 90mins is high variance. We couldn’t catch a break.
Graeme Souness built a team of winners with a winners mentality , his first League Cup win (not in May) turned the tide , the opportunity was there today and we blew it.

Nice rallying call there but after all of that they have won their the 10th trophy on the bounce.

I'd have taken their performance and a cup win over ours to be quite honest with you.

Winning breeds winning.

We didn't. We were unlucky and any other day we'd have scored 4 or 5. When a keeper is in that kind of form all you can do is keep plugging away and hope it comes. It didn't, but it wasn't down to lack of bottle ffs.
How many times have you said that over the last two seasons ?

There has to be criticism of that today. There are NO positives for anyone of a Rangers persuasion to take from that and anyone taking any from that, well, I don't know how.

We are Rangers Football Club ffs, not some no mark like Motherwell or Hearts. We win trophies, that's what we are all about and days like today are an absolute catastrophe for our club.

You Sir, with respect are an idiot.

On another day we would've won that game comfortably , unfortunately a combination of poor finishing and mentally challenged officials prevented this.

We're getting better and better and if you can't see that, then I have to say, you are a fu.ckin idiot.

Morelos 100% deserves criticism, he had about 8 good chances, some of those great and a penalty and he still couldn't score. He ruined a otherwise great performance from the team. That game is over in the first half if Defoe gets those chances. There's no excuse for his performance today, he's been in great form and he had a chance to shut up all the people saying he couldn't do it against them and instead just proved them right, he has zero excuses today
Sadly I agree and feel Alfie just cut £10m off his asking price today

Fed up of this shite.

Id rather we played awful week in week out and won trophies. We are serial losers.
Get a grip ffs, this is the hysterical panty wetting I expect on here after a defeat, we played them off the pitch and lost by an offside goal. They were lucky as fuk, I for one am gonna look at the positives. We've gone toe to toe with the supposedly best team in the country and bar some poor finishing and inspired goalkeeping we would have been out of sight, hardly serial loser shit!

Sadly I agree and feel Alfie just cut £10m off his asking price today
Depends how much you value him at. Teams wouldn't pay less for Roberto Firmino just because he hasn't scored against Manchester United. He still has his goals in the league and in Europe to show for himself

Well just back in car, absolutely pick sick, but we did everything right apart from scoring, absolutely dominated them.

But, this seems like a role reversal to the early 90s in that we were dominated in some games, but came out with the win, (winners mentality), so, until we get this monkey of the back, this could be a c*nt to do.

But, the good thing for me is that we play them in 3 wks time and if we play how we did the day then I'd say we've got more than a fair chance of winning.

Not sure what the ‘happy to accept failure’ mob want us to do? Lambast the team and manager? Throw a huge hissy fit (like that’ll help) to show what a winner you are? We have to take the positives (we’re a better team than them) from today and put everything into the next game. There is no other option.

Completely agree, I thought we were fantastic and the players could not give any more.
Their luck will run out sometime. Morelos was trying far to hard to score today instead of picking his spot. Couldn't believe he was taking the penalty as he showed no composure at all... They had 3 players offside for their only shot on target...

What do you want. Sell them all, sack the manager and start again?
I’d give the manager a little more slack at this stage as he’s almost winning things with a bunch of losers. I’d defo not be adverse to selling a good number of them on that pitch today though.

And Sutton’s serial losers comment looks more and more accurate as the moment’s pass...

We can’t play any better than that and they can’t play any worse, and did we win? Did we %^*&.

A team full of bottlers.

THIS

I’m sick to the back teeth of this ‘but we played them off the park’ pi$h

We lost! That’s the only stat that matters!

some of them deserve criticism. Get over it!

spot on , gutted but nowhere near the stage of not believing we can challenge

Yeah let’s ignore our striker should have had a hatrick and that’s not even counting the shocker of a penalty miss.

It’s clearly in his head

Get a grip ffs, this is the hysterical panty wetting I expect on here after a defeat, we played them off the pitch and lost by an offside goal. They were lucky as fuk, I for one am gonna look at the positives. We've gone toe to toe with the supposedly best team in the country and bar some poor finishing and inspired goalkeeping we would have been out of sight, hardly serial loser shit!
Agreed, and you can guarantee that anyone spouting such pish is one of the first on here after a narrow victory moaning about how 'we got lucky' or 'we got away with one' and 'it's just not good enough'.

There has been nothing like that.
First two OF games of each season.
SF against Aberdeen last season.
SC at Ibrox against Aberdeen
Game against Kilmarnock after the split last season.
Total capitulation last Wednesday.
To name a few.

Did we take 1 of the 10 chances?
Did they take their 1 chance offside or not?
Let's not criticise though when we are bringing Barker on ahead of Stewart. We better not hurt anyones feelings.

Not sure what the ‘happy to accept failure’ mob want us to do? Lambast the team and manager? Throw a huge hissy fit (like that’ll help) to show what a winner you are? We have to take the positives (we’re a better team than them) from today and put everything into the next game. There is no other option.
Well the same folk seem to think that ranting and raving like an arsehole is the number one quality for a captain.

Yeah agree. Not sure what the next steps for this team are now

I’m sure I’m not the first to say it.

We fucking lost and that’s all that matters today.

Yeah let’s ignore our striker should have had a hatrick and that’s not even counting the shocker of a penalty miss.

It’s clearly in his head

I'm fucking telling you their keeper had a blinder. It happens. It happened to them several times under Burns in the 90s. That's what we're experiencing tonight.

Our players and manager couldn't have done more. Better than them in every single area of the pitch.

Morelos 100% deserves criticism, he had about 8 good chances, some of those great and a penalty and he still couldn't score. He ruined a otherwise great performance from the team. That game is over in the first half if Defoe gets those chances. There's no excuse for his performance today, he's been in great form and he had a chance to shut up all the people saying he couldn't do it against them and instead just proved them right, he has zero excuses today

On fire all season, 25 goals and counting, cup final against his biggest rivals (who he's never scored before) and he missed over 5 very good chances and a poorly taken penalty.

Imagine that scenario for any striker, any team, any league - we would all be saying they had an absolute shocker.

This cannot be glossed over.

The worse thing for me is that when we go to Saville Row later, we have the mental block that no matter what we do we cannae win. We got mugged at Ibrox and now Hamdump.

With a little luck and us scoring first for a change we can do this mob.

I'm fucking telling you their keeper had a blinder. It happens. It happened to them several times under Burns in the 90s. That's what we're experiencing tonight.

Our players and manager couldn't have done more. Better than them in every single area of the pitch.

Their keeper played well but stop making excuses for Morelos

It seems some think he’s above criticism

That penalty was absolutely pathetic

When Tav passed him the ball, I immediately knew and said to my mate, he’s missing this.

Instinctive he is a good finisher, when he has too much time to think, too often he fluffs it

On fire all season, 25 goals and counting, cup final against his biggest rivals (who he's never scored before) and he missed over 5 very good chances and a poorly taken penalty.

Imagine that scenario for any striker, any team, any league - we would all be saying they had an absolute shocker.

This cannot be glossed over.
There's clearly something mental with him playing them because the notion that he cant perform in big games has gone out the window this season with his performances in Europe

Back