No blame on gerrard today

Was wanting Katic on earlier. celtc were offering nothing going forward and thought the big guy would have got us a goal. Kent should have stayed wide also with Stewart getting brought on to unlock a packed defence like he does every time hes asked to do it.

Reactions: jtc
Our formation was spot on.

I’d argue that bringing on Defoe when we did, knocked us out of our rhythm.

I’m hindsight, wasn’t his best call, even though I understand why he chose to make it.

we should’ve just stuck at what we were doing.

We should have won. We set up right and went for them and without their keeper we would have got atleast one of them in. Progress we have made since he came in is enormous and seeing posts saying he has to go is insane. It was never going to be easy but a manager change is not an option.
Great to see a positive post. Well done

Bringing Barker on instead of Stewart was crazy
Yes, I personally don't have much faith in Barker, but that apart, Gerrard got everything right.
The players needed to score a goal and nothing went right in front of goal.
It happens and you have to accept that these things happen, football has always thrown up games like this.
However, there were many positives from the match and that is what we must draw from today's events.

Last edited:
My only concern was bringing on barker instead of Stewart who's been scoring. Otherwise I've no complaints with Gerrard today.

Against 10 men, who's idea was it to play high balls into the box? Against two 6ft 5 CB's? Was the same at Ibrox. He ran out of ideas fast when it wasn't working.

Totally agree,always see how the first 15 minutes go and that sets the standard of the game generally.
We dominated from the start and carried on in the second half.

If morelos had put away the penalty we would have won and morelos would have been praised to the heavens for tormenting their defence the whole game and how we battered them.

Now it will be how he can't score and Lennon has such a great spirit in the team,we fucking horsed them and lost due to an offside goal.

Yes, I personally don't have much faith in Barker, but that apart, Gerrard got everything right.
The players needed to score a goal and nothing went right in front of goal.
It happens and you have to accept that these things happen, football has always thrown up games like this.
However, there were many positives from the match and that is what we must draw from today's events.
Agree with all that. Was just one of those games where we couldn't put the ball in the back of the net and Forster has had probably one of the best games of his entire career

Our substitutions seldom change a game for us in fact ,any momentum we have dies when we bring them on.Same as today The momentum from midfield was there until we took Kamara off .We had them pinned in but they were pretty comfortable when we changed the personnel.I actually forgot Defoe had come on and Barker was never going to be any good against a packed defence.Our pool of players is nowhere near as strong as we thought

Gerrard has to take a part of the blame today. Sadly his sub choices were bordering on mental, again. Despite everything Gerrard is good at his use of subs or making changes to tactics late in the game are definitely not a strong point. He'll pick it up no doubt but it will cost us from time to time.

He was spot on until they went down to 10. Defoe and Barker was insane. We stopped playing and we had and lost our shape. Game was over for us after those changes.

Also I refuse to believe that Morelos was the penalty taker before the game. Tav bottled it and Gerrard is covering for him.

Sorry op but the decisions from the bench with timing of subs, and the subs made, leads to a few raised eyebrows for me.
The 11 picked along with the tactics and setup today were bang on, no question, but no Stewart the past 2 games when we have been crying out for him is just strange.
Don't get me started on changing the penalty taker for a cup final.

Sorry op but the decisions from the bench with timing of subs, and the subs made, leads to a few raised eyebrows for me.
The 11 picked along with the tactics and setup today were bang on, no question, but no Stewart the past 2 games when we have been crying out for him is just strange.
Don't get me started on changing the penalty taker for a cup final.
Agreed, also thought Kent was picking the ball up too deep.

We should have won. We set up right and went for them and without their keeper we would have got atleast one of them in. Progress we have made since he came in is enormous and seeing posts saying he has to go is insane. It was never going to be easy but a manager change is not an option.

Sorry, but the decision to throw on Barker at the expense of Stewart and moving Kent into the middle was an awful decision that was befitting of a man still learning the ropes.

who the hell would mention a manager change? Steven Gerrard has us playing the best football ive seen for many a year, ok we lost today but it certainly wasnt for the lack of effort or football we played, on another day we could have and should have wrapped this up but its football and shit happens, we are on the right track and we showed today they aint all that albeit losing the cup there are still many positives

The next two transfer windows are going to be different to his previous (they were about beefing up squad numbers)

He now needs to replace players with better quality. A few big decisions are going to be made in terms of selling some of our ‘star players’.

He needs to find players who can score from wide and midfield positions. Airbo, Kent, Kamara, Artfield, Jones, Davis......all nice players, but no goal threat

He picked a team that should have won and played well. One of the young team on the way out, top jaw going east bottom jaw going west calling the gaffer all sorts of scouse tnucs, embarrassing

Only thing that knocked us out of rhythm was the scum going down for 5 mins after every challenge. Forster should of been booked after 1st time wasting job

His substitutions were awful and contributed heavily to us looking like a beaten side after the penalty miss.

The game was crying out for Stewart to be introduced. Couldn’t believe it when Barker came on ahead of him

Back