That result will win us the league.

midlandbear

Our players and even more so our manager, will use this feeling to fuel the rest of our season. That is by far the most painful loss to them I’ve ever had to endure, and if we want a title winning team, it may come as a blessing in disguise, because not one player in a rangers jersey will want to feel like that at the end of the season.

We battered them, and they ended up sneaking the least valuable trophy of the three. If that fuels our rage and makes us more determined, I’ll look back today and see it as the best thing that could have happened to us.

This result, will be the making of our 55 winning side. Standby....

Our players and even more so our manager, will use this feeling to fuel the rest of our season. That is by far the most painful loss to them I’ve ever had to endure, and if we want a title winning team, it may come as a blessing in disguise, because not one player in a rangers jersey will want to feel like that at the end of the season.

We battered them, and they ended up sneaking the least valuable trophy of the three. If that fuels our rage and makes us more determined, I’ll look back today and see it as the best thing that could have happened to us.

Well said op that’s the kind of thinking we need right now

Well there’s a chance in 21 days time to see if they’re made of the right stuff. Assuming we don’t %^*& the rest of December up.

i might be a deluded maniac but i agree with you, it hurts more when you deserve to win but that could and should drive those players on

While this is the correct way to approach things it's going to take a wee while to feel optimistic again

thinking winning the cup would have been more of an advantage psychologically. But hey lest make a positive out of a massive negative. May as well as that is what being 2nd best does to you.

Good lord, have a night off with the “staunch optimism” will you please.
We have just lost a cup final we should have killed off and we absolutely dominated to a piss poor Celtic team. We lost a two goal lead whilst dominating midweek to a piss poor Aberdeen team whilst they showed their metal and sneaked a last minute winner.

What from that would make you draw the conclusion that we are going to win the league ? All the evidence suggests that when we are under pressure our arses collapse, how is that a league winning mentality ?

Gerrard has experienced so much pain with Liverpool, and I bet that performance was up there with those defeats today.

He will be like a man possessed now. Watch him kick us on even further.

Ryan Jack was tremendous again and Alfie will bounce back. If those two keep up their performances until May we will be champions. The darkside are sitting off us in games now, it was only a year and a half ago they were trouncing us 4/5-0.

We need to support Alfie as a fanbase though, he’s been our best player over the past 2 years, and we’d be nowhere near where we are now without him.

I wish I had the OP’s optimism, but dominating two matches in a row and coming away with horribly disappointing results from both of them has left me with doubts resurfacing that I had allowed myself to put aside during the first part of the season.

Again being brutally honest in the last few days we dropped 2 points against an Aberdeen side that was demolished 3-0 by Hibs a few days later and lost to a ten man injury hit yahoo side.

I am absolutely struggling to see how we take any kind of heart from the last two games.

Sorry but absolutely no chance, we don’t have the mentality to go and win the league.

This mentality thing is a load of shit, it really is.

If our players lacked the mentality and fight then we wouldn’t have fought back from a goal down away to Porto and played them off the park. We wouldn’t have came back from the set back of a missed penalty at home to Feyenoord to win the game regardless. We were a baw hair away from a good result away at Young Boys. We came back and took the lead away at Feyenoord. Teams lacking mentality and fight don’t do that.

Even today, we lost the goal yet instead of feeling sorry for ourself we pretty much go straight up the park and win the penalty. Ok it didn’t go in but we continued to pin them back and give it our best, their keeper will never have a game like that again IMO.

Today sucks but I’ve still seen enough from this team this season that gives me a lot of belief going forward.

The most one sided game against them Iv’e ever seen, unfortunately I think this will ultimately work against us in the long run.

if they can win that, the yo are right

Time folk woke up. Its not the performance its the mentality. When thigs get tough, hide and pass the buck is not the RANGERS way.

Serial losers. We need more winners in our team.

Look how far ahead of us Celtic were a few years ago. Look how close it is now. I've gone from being fearful of 7-1 results to genuinely annoyed we haven't beaten them.

We're getting there and it'll be the best title or cup win of our lives when it happens.
Only if it happens before they do 10IAR or God forbid get to 55 themselves

Nothing this group has done in 18 months makes me think that ..op

I want to but struggle to see it see a team who are mentaly weak

Dont be surprised if we lose to ybb on thursday because its a pressure game

This one really fucking hurts. Played them off the park in every area. Their goal is offside and their keeper has an outstanding game. Sometimes this happens, it just so happens that it happened to us in a cup final.

I’m so gutted I can’t even describe it. But I’d like to bottle this right now so I can look back when our time does come and remember how this felt. This result will make the next trophy so much sweeter.

This team can’t even cope with being top of the league for a couple of weeks, never mind winning it.
Then we have to go top of the league in the last game of the season

Easy done.

Seriously tho this one hurts a lot. We fucking dominated them and they get through on an offside goal. We really should have won this game 3 or 4-0 and that's the part that stings the most

To enjoy the sweet you have to taste the sour.
This game shows that they are not that great a side. I am utterly convinced that Lennon will implode before the winter is out. I hope we take great heart from that.
Celtic, with the exception of an offside goal and a break when we had to push had absolutely zero. I don't even think the goalkeeper had an outstanding game. The shots he saved, Jack aside, had no placement.
I think, looking back, that this may have been a day for Defoe from the start and Alf from the bench but that's a very hard decision to make.

Look how far ahead of us Celtic were a few years ago. Look how close it is now. I've gone from being fearful of 7-1 results to genuinely annoyed we haven't beaten them.

We're getting there and it'll be the best title or cup win of our lives when it happens.

I always thought it would take SG at least 3 transfer Windows to compete against them(he arrived at a time when we had only 2 players worthy of being Rangers players). It was always going to be a long hard fight back. Todays defeat is as much a result of 7yrs of mismanagement as it is of SG's 18 months in charge.

Again, people were saying this about the 2016 SCF. I think it's time to stop reacting to bad defeats by suggesting it will spur us on. I've yet to see any evidence of this.

Spot on, hopefully the panty wetting will stop on FF. We have been scoring regularly all season, we unfortunately didn’t score today.

Admire the optimism but for years every time we get our hopes up we are let down.
To completely dominate, have 10 chances on goal, have a penalty, face 10 men for 20 odd minutes and not win... It's just draining.

That team will not see us over the line, they’re gutless when it really matters.

If Morelos isn’t on his game we’ve got no one else capable of stepping up and yet again it’s cost us. Our team lack leaders and winners - there’s no chance that squad wins the league. None.

Back