Cheated out of a Cup.

servicepoint

We can go into all the reasons why We didn’t actually win it, missed chances, there were a few, missed penalty, yes that too but all that aside when officials fail to do the simplest bid tasks and flag a blatant offside we are truly proverbially pissing into the wind.
I called it immediately as did many round about me that they , yes they, more than one, were offside yet the official couldn’t call it, not difficult it’s his remit, he should have been level but failed to do the simplest of tasks and flag for offside.

Pissing in the wind, unfortunately yes we absolutely are.

We can go into all the reasons why We didn’t actually win it, missed chances, there were a few, missed penalty, yes that too but all that aside when officials fail to do the simplest bid tasks and flag a blatant offside we are truly proverbially pissing into the wind.
I called it immediately as did many round about me that they , yes they, more than one, were offside yet the official couldn’t call it, not difficult it’s his remit, he should have been level but failed to do the simplest of tasks and flag for offside.

A cup, 2 points and an injury to Davis all attributable to horrendous officiating.

Surely that is bottling it ? Dominating the game and not having the bottle to see it through to victory
Bottling it, imo, would have been a number of players not turning up, showing no fight and accepting being behind.
We were immense today. Beaten by a ridiculous performance by their keeper.
You can argue about offside and maybe another pen, no way did we bottle it though

Surely that is bottling it ? Dominating the game and not having the bottle to see it through to victory
Eh naw. Bottling it would be if the players being overawed and failing to turn up. In reality they made the scum look 2nd best. Had Forster not had his game of the season we would have won with goals to spare. Unlucky yes, cheated arguably, but 'bottled it'. Complete nonsense.

Ryan Jack was out for a season and the officials done feck all about it.
Pointless even trying to win anything up here.

We did! Hammered them for 90 minutes but we were still unable to beat them despite them being down to 10 men and us rewarded a penalty
So you agree we battered them ..but we still bottled it ? ..whit the fuk .. sometimes you need a bit of luck no matter how good you are ..and also for decisions to be called correctly ..I left hampdump tonight in disbelief at what I had witnessed

We bottled it today as far as I'm concerned.
What did we bottle?
We took the match to them for almost its entirety.
Players showed for the ball at every opportunity, we were brave in possession and resolute when not in possession and stopped them from playing.
We carved their defence open time and time again and put most of our shots on target.
As an attacking force, they barely laid a glove on us.
Their goalkeeper, on the other hand, played out of his skin, carried a ton of luck and was the MOTM.

What exactly did we bottle?

Nope. Bottling it would have been us being shite, creating nothing, being easily brushed off the ball, giving away cheap goals etc.

We did not bottle it. Were it not for their keeper having the game of his life we walk out of there comfortable winners.

one thing I will say about us being cheated which technically we were, if that's them getting that decision for offside with us winning the cup, then the Scottish media are calling out Gollum and the linesman and they've almost certainly had plenty of death threats by now

because it was us, nobody will care to mention it other than a throwaway "hint of offside" as Skeletor said on the BBC report

In my lifetime, I have seen the Yahoos beat us in THREE Cup Finals due to refereeing errors by the odd goal.

And that's not counting "it wis a penalty, it wis'nae a penalty" for Jelavic and two sent off in another Final.

Today was hard to take because of our journey and the unchallenged success they have had .... But its coming.

They got their goal from the ref. He also denied us another penalty but yes let’s just ignore these facts as they don’t really influence the game.
Never said they didn't influence the game. But it was up to us to pick ourselves up after the goal. but to be honest we never really looked like scoring after that. We've had many dubious decisions for us over the years and laughed our head off at them for greetin about refs. If we had taken our chances we'd have won. Let's move on.

I’m Morelos scores then we are back in the game
The officials don’t take penalties. Your talking out your arse with respect. We were always in the game and on top. Not one person can say we bottled it or didn’t deserve to win that game today. I even would go as far to say we could easily have had 3 penalties

But the club never speak out about any of this. And as long as this continues, nothing will ever change.

Back