Stop talking to sky

• Yes

Votes: 323 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 226 41.2%

• Total voters

nelster

Official FF Paparazzi
This is not solely Motherwell Rangers match related so stop being daft and merging it

Sky Sports have repeatedly presented various Rangers players as public enemy number 1

This is almost entirely done by misinformation / making stuff up / selective angles / not showing anything dubious from the other team / Andy Walker inventing an immediate narrative

Kris Boyd has today called that out during the half time discussion and probably risked being dropped by sky for doing so.

A Rangers player has been abused for the duration of the match due to Sky (and others) peddling a myth. He has then been sent off for telling Motherwell fans to shut it while celebrating.

So is it time to stop talking to them ?

By endorsing Sky’s presentation and anti Rangers narrative it only serves to help damage Rangers FC in the matches which follow.

Morelos was sent off for the 'get it right up you' gesture. Not the 'you are not singing any more' ones.

I am not saying it is correct , but it does give them more of a case.

This is not solely Motherwell Rangers match related so stop being daft and merging it

Sky Sports have repeatedly presented various Rangers players as public enemy number 1

This is almost entirely done by misinformation / making stuff up / selective angles / not showing anything dubious from the other team / Andy Walker inventing an immediate narrative

Kris Boyd has today called that out during the half time discussion and probably risked being dropped by sky for doing so.

A Rangers player has been abused for the duration of the match due to Sky (and others) peddling a myth. He has then been sent off for telling Motherwell fans to shut it while celebrating.

By endorsing Sky’s presentation and anti Rangers narrative it only serves to help damage Rangers FC in the matches which follow.

We are contractually obliged for somebody to speak to them
maybe we could send someone whos sits in the changing room or someone doing admin or something where they cant watch the game and they can just reply to everything question, ''im sorry i didnt see that bit.''

Last edited:
Voted 'no' What we should do instead is highlight the bias against us. Our media guys should be working during the game, collating incidents where we lost out and where others have not. Give the manager a two minute briefing on these incidents at the end of the game and instruct him to focus on them. He can also offer to supply a video to back up our complaints and state 'This is consistent, it has happened in the last n games. All I'm asking for is parity'.

Last edited:
I've voted no, but only because we have to give ourselves every platform to get our message across.

Refuse to speak to them and they take it as freedom to say what they want completely unchallenged.

This is spot on. We need to be smarter in how we use the media. Create the narrative ourselves. Build relationships so we can use the exposure to our advantage. isolating ourselves from them would be a PR disaster.

If it was any other team or any other player they would be claiming it is Racism against a black player And the media would be demanding action but because it’s big bad Rangers it doesn’t matter .
This is the sign of things to come in this rancid country , we are going to be demonised at every opportunity .
Rant over !!

Could have wee nickla spitting fury at our red white and blue jerseys and scarves for 90 minutes.... Hateful biased and knows hee haw aboot fitbaw.... A perfect fit for the Sky team

I think it was the Seattle Seahawks met their contractual obligation by having a player answer 'no comment' to every question.
That would just turn into 'Rangers refuse to condemn referee' or 'Gerrard makes no defence for Morelos'.

I would much rather Gerrard blatantly pointed it out without getting brought up on charges. Criticise the decision with out laying into the referee, Gerrard is global - when he speaks people watch what he says.

I've voted no, but only because we have to give ourselves every platform to get our message across.

Refuse to speak to them and they take it as freedom to say what they want completely unchallenged.
and when was the last time the club got our message across mate?

I’ve said No as it’s the platform to show our games and many bears need this to watch the games. Our manager remember is box office and with that comes publicly. Money talks. Let’s do our talking on the pitch.

If there's a negative narrative to be made up, Walker is the go to mhutant.

This fandan is joining Suttco on the ignore list shortly.

Kris Boyd was soon back on the Sky song at full time. The top brass at Sky obviously had a word with him about his halftime opinions.

A bang average Celtic side from the mid 80s. Nobodies in the UK scheme of things. From that side on SKY we have
Provan as the main EPL co commentator. Never played in England.
Walker was at Bolton
McInally at Villa
Nicholas every week in Soccer Saturday. He was a joke and a failure at Arsenal.
Bonner on now and again. Good penalty save in Italian 90.

That’s 5 players from Billy McNeils Celtic side from over 30 years ago. Sure I’ve heard on here his son has/had a job at Sky? Why so many?

Boyd admitted at ht that his employer was only showing petty incidents because it was Morelos.

What message and to whom, dont you understand they dont listen ffs.

I'd say yes, refuse to talk to anyone and just release via RTV.
If there's a contractual issue the argument should be that both sky and bt do not represent Rangers in the same way as the other clubs, I'd cite xenophobia against Morelos by the presenters and several pundits as well.

Latest posts

Back