Europa League Draw

Decent draw. Only slight disappointment is that with 3 potential opponents left, we could have got Malmo or Gent instead which may have been slightly easier.

Braga got 2 decent results against a good Wolves team in the group- win away and draw at home - and were joint top scorers so let's not take them too lightly. But aye, given we came our on top v Porto then its definitely do-able.

Aren't doing to great in the league but they beat wolves at molineux and Drew at home and beat Besiktas home and away in Europe

Braga seem to be very open to allow visiting clubs to request more tickets.
Away fans are in the east stand next to the rock and have been known to be given more tickets if they can be sold.

estadio-municipal-braga-west.jpg

We've already beaten Porto. We have nothing to fear from Braga. Obviously they deserve respect, but let's go beat them.
I'm confident this is not what Gerrard will be telling the players. Any team getting this far must have something about them.

Last edited:
No bad. No bad. It is winnable. Would have preferred Inter but that's me being a selfish Bassa. Wait for the next round eh?????
:)):))

Decent draw in with a chance. Can’t ask for more.

Thats is all I wanted, a draw that gives us a reasonable chance of progressing.

Both ourselves and the scum have faired not to badly and a fcouple of victories should see Scotland move up in the Club co-effiecent table to at least 15th position and therefore two clubs in CL qualifiers from 2021.

Braga's group stage results:

Wolves (A) won 1-0
Slovan Bratislava (H) drew 2-2
Besiktas (A) won 2-1
Besiktas (H) won 3-1
Wolves (H) drew 3-3
Slovan Bratislava (A) won 4-2

Home:
W1 D2 L0 GF8 GA6

Away:
W3 D0 L0 GF7 GA3

Didn't lose a game in a fairly strong group, although Besiktas were hugely disappointing. They seem to perform better away from home than they do at home. Tells me they are a counter attacking side.

Completely different story in the Portuguese league - they sit 9th after 14 games, winning 5, drawing 3 and losing 6. That tells me they are really going for it in this competition.

Certainly not the most difficult draw, but a very dangerous team we should be extremely wary of and I'm sure won't take lightly.

Some background to SC Braga:

They seem to be a club just outside the Big Three of Portuguese football with just one Cup win, a League Cup win and a single league runners-up in their honours list. But they've had some decent European results and would appear to be no mugs. But this season they look to be toiling a little domestically and if we can beat Porto we should be comfortable favourites here.

Good news for the coefficient aswell as Apoel Nicosia drew Sevilla I can't see them winning that so us and the poets with decent draws should see us move up the coefficient tables

When you look at their league position and their result at the weekend, then you think this is a decent draw for us but then you look at their Europa League form they are a dangerous opponent.

Its very winnable tie but not as easy as some might try to make it out to be.

When you look at their league position and their result at the weekend, then you think this is a decent draw for us but then you look at their Europa League form they are a dangerous opponent.

Its very winnable tie but not as easy as some might try to make it out to be.
They beat Spartak home and away in europa league qualifying also.

Don't think they are a step up at all from any of the teams in the group that we just done very well in. Won't be easy but very doable.

One of the weaker teams that were seeded so happy with the draw, was starting to get worried when Benfica and Salzburg were one of the last 4 up there.

Braga do seem a weird side though, midtable in Portugal but topped their group with wolves in it though for a team that went unbeaten in their group only Frankfurt and Ludogorets conceded more goals for the teams that advanced from the EL. Sounds like a team that Alfie could have some fun against. Just remembered from the picture someone else posted they're the club with the funny stadium next to a bloody mountain

They've been pretty average in the Portuguese league so far this season.

Looks like they raise their game considerably in Europe.

there are no easy games at this level tbh ,i was fucking raging on not topping the group , shall we say im rather grateful now

Back