Match Thread Rangers v Stranraer - 19:45 Friday - Premier 1

On the evidence of the first half, JJ has a lot to do to get back in the team.

Sadly for Andy Halliday, his time needs to be up. He's not good enough, and he really needs to stop the 'I'm fucked' routine after he's tackled.

No challenge for the defence whatsoever. Midfield 3 have been decent. Davis maybe a little quieter than I expected, but decent.

Defoe has put in a decent shift, and Aribo is looking good, though that challenge was a shocker

Reactions: GF7

Sadly for Andy Halliday, his time needs to be up. He's not good enough, and he really needs to stop the 'I'm fucked' routine after he's tackled.
Your having a laugh??? Did you see the state of his knee? He’ll be out for months after this!

He's not good enough but the tackle was a shocker that he took.

Very true.

He’s also up against a team sitting bottom of League 1 who’ve conceded 45 goals in 20 games this season though so we should maybe expect him to be passable. He’s been really really poor so far.

Well there’s 10 others out there and it’s only 1-0, but it seems to be concentrated on him. Im
Sure the rest of the team are up against the same dross. Clearly it’s never particularly easy when you’re up against a packed defence who play the game like a cup final. Again, not to say he hasn’t been shite, just that he’s maybe due a tad more leeway.

Why are we all surprised by Jones? Did we not all say this before he came? Then he had one good game and was suddenly a world beater.

No challenge for the defence whatsoever. Midfield 3 have been decent. Davis maybe a little quieter than I expected, but decent.

Defoe has put in a decent shift, and Aribo is looking good, though that challenge was a shocker

Go watch the slow motion

I just came in for a look at half time.
Have you ever tried to play against a team with a goalie and nine defenders there is no room to play in behind do you’ve got to shoot or try pass through it.
Patterson has done very well.
We’ve chased it and recovered and went again. Now we will see if they’re happy with 1-0 or will try come out in which case we will punish them.

Red card challenge and your saying he needs to stop pretending:))
Your having a laugh??? Did you see the state of his knee? He’ll be out for months after this!
He's not good enough but the tackle was a shocker that he took.
Not denying it was a red card challenge, but we see it every time he plays.

The two aren't mutually exclusive, he can be on the receiving end of a shocker, which he was, and still overdo it every single time.

For someone who'll be out for months, he came out at the start of the 2nd half, and is still on, isn't he?

Halliday should be no where near the first team squad at present, an academy left back should have been playing tonight!

%^*& sake man
he could have had a broken leg! give him a break... ffs

Should’ve had two reds for that tackle but don’t let that get in the way of a boot at one of our own.

Like I said earlier in the thread I want Andy in amongst the celebrations in May wether he is good enough or not.

This is like 1970s TV. All we need is the Test Card and it would be complete. Amateur stuff.

Last edited:
Patterson almost got a goal there. Keeper saved. However, there was about 3 fouls on Rangers players on the build up.

It's a brass neck with this fucking mob considering it's all BT panelists as well.

Absolutely shit channel

I feel ripped off and I'm not even subscribed lol

Back