Should Barker get punted before the window closes?

It's not his fault but he's not good enough,I would go further and say that brining him on while we're chasing a result or defending a result is dangerous,he brings nothing to the team and indeed loses the ball far too often giving the opposition an opportunity to counter attack

I can just about understand the signing to give us strength in depth, but he's never shown anything that would suggest he can develop into a player that will give us anything. If anyone would take him I'd be delighted to see him gone.

SG must see something in him however, as he seems to persevere with him.

Barker was pash the other night.

But his pashness was put in the shade by the quite abysmal Jones.

Now you could argue Jones is just back from injury.
But then you could also argue he was pash before he got injured
You would win both those arguments

If you wish to keep arguing then you might want to consider Barker has actually performed pretty well in Europe.
Where as Jones clearly hasn't.

So in conclusion we have 2 very ordinary players here.

I would though keep Barker before Jones.

Though if both left it would not register very high on my upset by this scale.

This is where all the top scouts are on a Monday morning. In here posting nonsense.

Nothing like giving a guy a chance.

Probably all the same posters who wanted rid of Barisic.

His performance away to Porto was exceptional.
haha exceptional :D

Anyway, yes I would punt him. I don't understand how he keeps getting a chance, him coming on in the cup final leveled the game out

This is where all the top scouts are on a Monday morning. In here posting nonsense.

He just doesn't look as he can beat a player. Always runs into the man or loses possession. He doesn't look particularly fast either.
As for Porto, yes he had a good game though exceptional is pushing it. He played a more defensive role and was not an attacking threat.

Think everyone agrees he’s not shown enough to get anywhere near the first 11. Think we’ve got enough cover out wide to allow him to go out on loan.

Jones or Barker ?
I'm going to give Jones the benefit of the doubt for now given that he's not long back from injury. To be fair to Barker he wasn't alone in his poor performance. However he was coming on with half an hour to go against a team which was tiring.

His was a strange signing.

My thought entirely.

Clearly a Mark Allen-led signing, though Gerrard must have seen something (though not sure what as it seems his Preston loan was not particularly successful) to agree to it.

His confidence will be low at the moment but notwithstanding that, I don't think he has the temperament to play for Rangers from what I've seen.

He hasn't really offered much, and seems to try and carry the ball that yard too far rather than the easy pass.

He offers next to nothing in the games I have watched him, when he was at Hibs he always looked a threat against us but seems a different player now

I would try to include him in a deal to sign Martin Boyle from Hibs, who would be a good squad player IMO.

In reality it was a punt that cost us nothing in Transfer fees in the hope he could make it unfortunately it looks like he couldn't but not like we spent a significant amount on him and his wages are such that a lower league English side may be able to afford him

Never beat his man once against Stranraer. Sure he played okay in a more defensive role against Porto but a winger needs to be able to beat a man, that's the basic requirement.

He didnt impress me that much at Hibs apart from pace. Hasn't shown much for us to suggest that hes going to get any better.

Not the best of signings, I'd be happy to move him on if possible.

He’s simply not got it. Worryingly though, it appears Gerrard is willing to even let him get minutes. Him coming in instead of Greg Stuart in the cup final was a massive mistake.

The game was crying out for someone to try and create something centrally, instead we brought on a winger to try the same thing.

I'm all aboard the Stevie G Express, but there is still definitely weakness when it comes to making in-game tactical changes IMO.

Who’s going to want to buy him? He will never sign for another club that can offer him what he has at Rangers, therefore, he would be hard to move on.

Pace aside I really dont see anything he has that could help us. Even his pace is ruined by his touch

He was one of our best players in the away game against in the 1st Half.

Well what I can remember from it as I was absolutely blootered over there :p.

Barker and hastie were ridiculous signings, barker doesn't bring anything all to the team and hastie was papped out the door on loan before be sat down.
Andy king, everyone knew we never needed him and he was kind of past it and wouldn't play but it still happened.
Really those wages combined could be put to good use elsewhere along with poster etc.

Definitely time to fet rid if anyone wants him and he isn't a pay off.

yes, unfortunately he does not have what is required to play in this current rangers team. His body language on the winter break suggests that he knows it.

Porto away was the only decent game he has had for us to date, must admit thought it was a strange signing at the time and he has done very little to convince me otherwise. I would move him on if at all possible.

I think the Stranraer match really was his last chance.

I can't see him being given much more game time ahead of Greg Stewart who continues to impress when given the opportunity.

We should hang onto him until the end of the season though, you just never know how the squad will look injury wise in coming months.

Yes. His only good performance came against Motherwell who had a man sent off. Something Grezda was also able to do. He doesn't take on his man and his shooting is dreadful closer to going in the 2nd tier than being a goal. Looks nothing like the player at Hibs or Preston

3 year deal, he is going nowhere fast, who is going to take him
on the other side, give the lad a chance, someone at the club must have seen something in him

I have a theory that his comb over is hampering his game. Shave his head and he will run unencumbered and will show the pace and skill we were promised. Otherwise, Glenn Middleton is a better and younger prospect.
Thats not as daft as it sounds (comb over)
Ive always thought guys who do that lack confidence generally. Either way he's not shown anything yet to suggest he's gonna be a star.

Totally get your point but Barasic was brought in from outwith the Scottish game. Barker already had time at Hibs (not sure how that spell went tbh) I haven't certainly seen enough from him to suggest he will strengthen us.

He will get this season I'm sure of that much but on his current form I would expect him to be moved on in the summer.

He seems to have no confidence to me.Almost like he doesn't believe himself good enough to play for us.
I don't doubt he's a decent player and he must show something in training cause he gets into squads ahead of others but when it comes to games he lacks conviction and looks lost a lot of the time.

Strange in the fact that he didn't show anything at his previous clubs that he'd be good enough for us.

I'm still waiting to see this blistering pace. Asked my nephew who's a season ticket holder for the HIVS (i know...) & he reckons he only ever done it against the tims & he's inury prone!

Back