Jones to stoke ?

Moe Szyslak

i know there has been talk of him leaving, but just saw on Twitter stoke are looking to make an offer ,0plausible as Michael O’Neil is the manager .i would be sorry to see him go as I think he offers something a bit different to Kent. Shame they don’t want to give us million for barker instead.

Jones didn’t do himself any favours v Stranraer and was rightfully taken off. Would like to keep him for the run in though as I still think he gives us options on the wing.

Seemed realy off (hiding) against Stranraer. To the point he looked uninterested. Maybe he is expecting to go. And yes I know it was his first game back. I am not questioning his ability it was his effort.

He was poor Friday but hes been out for months needs time. Think he can be a right good option for us.

Doubt he will be sold. A Injury to Kent and we are left with Ojo and Barker as starters.

Thats not winning no league.

We need another forward player to add to the current bunch

I'd say that if any "first team" players are leaving, the most likely one would be Jones.

I said at the time when he was sent off against them, that there's a high chance his Rangers career was all but over on that day.

He was terrible on Friday. Running into dead space and offering little. I don't know if it's a confidence thing but he looked lost. Early on in the season he was great, so it's harsh to judge him onFriday however SG will see him everyday at training and will know better.

We are a bit short in the wing though - not many players got pass marks on Friday. I think we need to keep a hold - and as mentioned, if we can get shot of Barker that may be a better option.

He blew his chance on Friday,he was poor and has done next to nothing since he arrived.

Game in Denmark and the cross against Warsaw that Alfie scored.
When he’s on his game, he’s easily the second most direct and incisive winger we have behind Kent. Easily better than Barker and while Ojo is dangerous when he’s playing well that’s not happened half as much as it should.

I wouldn’t be totally against selling him if there was decent cash on offer. If we got £1M for someone signed 6 months ago on a free, who isn’t likely to feature much if everyone is fit, it would be decent business.

Only caveat would be to bring Jake Hastie back as cover.

He was poor Friday but hes been out for months needs time. Think he can be a right good option for us.

Doubt he will be sold. A Injury to Kent and we are left with Ojo and Barker as starters.

Thats not winning no league.

We need another forward player to add to the current bunch

Totally agree. However, a decent offer would be tempted to see if we can get a better replacement in.

I'm worried that he isn't able to come inside & play through packed defences when there's no space to run into?

He was poor on friday but has been out for a while, he did impress earlier in the season. Not the greatest loss if he goes but we do need cover.

I think we should keep him. Wingers will pick up knocks throughout the season and I wouldn't be too confident with Barker as backup.

If he gets punted because of a bad attitude , I'm sure he'll regret that forever . It would be a shame if he goes as Gerrard wanted different offensive options and I think he definitely is one .

Jones didn’t do himself any favours v Stranraer and was rightfully taken off. Would like to keep him for the run in though as I still think he gives us options on the wing.
If we are drawing with 10 minutes to go would you be happy bringing Kent or Aribo or Arfield or Davis off for Jones and feel it increases our chances of getting a winner?

i think he still has a part to play. he looked short of sharpness on Friday but hopefully he can make an impact coming of the bench in the next few weeks.

I wouldn’t be that keen on selling him now. He’s showed enough prior to his foolish actions v Celtic that he can be useful for us.

bit harsh writing him off because he was rubbish v Stranraer. There will be games when he’ll be more effective.

Back