So whose under most pressure?

steveski

Keep hearing Rangers are under pressure to stop Sellick's 9/10 in-a-row. The argument being that Rangers players have never had this sort of pressure going for a title before apart from McGregor and Davis in our current team. I struggle to find Sellick players apart from Frather Forthter and Mongo who have been under any real pressure going to win the league. The rest of their players have had an easy ride for the last eight years and have had no real competition until now. How will their players react when things aren't going their way in a tight game.

Edit. Bad spelling on title. Should read Who's !!!

The pressure is all on them. They had a free run at the title and building the foundations for years of dominance only to see us with a young hungry manager and team breathing down their neck. We need to hit the ground Wednesday night and win well to send a message.

I’d say both are under pressure, maybe they are slightly under more. If we creat a gap then it will be definitely them. That being said if we fall behind ...

It is important that we support our team and not put us under pressure as they will certainly put their players under pressure.

Both teams under pressure, but I suspect it will be more telling on Celtic. Our players in a sense have less to lose.

Lemon. Because they are expected to win it, and he’s even bigged it up himself that they have the “more expensive team”.

Stupid muppet even gave himself a whack over the head with the stick on that one.

Two different sets of pressure. Them getting 9 isn't the pressure, it would be 10.

We need to stop 9, and we will.

Both teams will be feeling pressure, any dropped points from now are massive. hopefully they drop points at rugby park on Wednesday and we win convincingly.

Two different sets of pressure. Them getting 9 isn't the pressure, it would be 10.

We need to stop 9, and we will.
Definitely.

If they had to get 9 (I don't think they will) the pressure on us next year would be unbearable

Them - they haven't had any pressure on them at all with teams pushing them all the way. I think us going toe to toe with them will make their arses collapse.

I actually disagree, i think the pressure is all on us to stop them. But.. lets fvcking just embrace it and get tore right into everyone who stands in our way. Pressure is no bad thing, let get right behind the team like never before for the next 4 months and we'll have a day to tell our grandkids about!

The pressure is predominantly on them. I feel that Steven G has put pressure on himself to do well and bring us 55 too as he will have set himself a personal goal.

Both in equal measure. Their hordes are frothing at the mouth for 9 and 10 IAR. Equally, rightly or wrongly, a lot of us are heaping pressure on the team, in the hope we can stop it happening.

Time will tell, but this team looks like it has the mentality to see the job through. As has already been mentioned - hardly any of their players know what it’s like to play under any sort of pressure either - having had it easy for the last 7-8 years.

If results keep going our way I think the pressure will eventually get to Lennon. When he loses it the whole team will.

I'd love to say them but I genuinely think we are under a huge amount of pressure.

We have not won anything of note for a long long time. Too long.
If we don't stop them winning the league then in my opinion the Scottish Cup is an absolute MUST.

Another treble for that mob would be nothing short of a disaster regardless of how well we play.

I'm seeing an expectation from some of our support that we will win so we are under a lot of pressure. If we don't make it we will be bitterly disappointed but I'm sure we will appreciate how far we have come and the effort that we will have put in. They had us dead and buried. They can't get their heads round the fact that they are in a serious title race. If they don't win or indeed fall out of the title race with a distance to go the pressure on them will be incredible.

The pressure is more in them and they know it. They are in danger of imploding if we get start the second half of the season with a few wins.

Keep hearing Rangers are under pressure to stop Sellick's 9/10 in-a-row. The argument being that Rangers players have never had this sort of pressure going for a title before apart from McGregor and Davis in our current team. I struggle to find Sellick players apart from Frather Forthter and Mongo who have been under any real pressure going to win the league. The rest of their players have had an easy ride for the last eight years and have had no real competition until now. How will their players react when things aren't going their way in a tight game.

Edit. Bad spelling on title. Should read Who's !!!
The pressure is on that lot big time, they've pished the league in a cantor for years so they will be well out their comfort zone when the pressure builds up over the next few months. The gaffer and Gary Mac ooze class and that will filter right thru the squad, they will be well up for the run in theres nothing surer #55

I think all it takes is for Sellick to lose one game while we win all of ours and they will then feel pressure on them coming from the mhanky stands like they’ve never had before.

Its an odd thing to say, but even if they win 9 (or maybe even 10, which is a possibility) Ill obviously not be happy, but i wont be as upset as I think much of the media thinks we will be.

Unlike the previous 9's in a row, Rangers have been taken (unfairly) out of the equation, not playing in them same competition and even when in the premier league, a team playing at a quarter strength. Its only been this season that in reality we have been competition.

It would be much harder to take if they had won it against a full strength Rangers over 9 years, but thats simply not the case - this will forever in my mind be the 'tainted ten' and the fact that Rangers are back is victory enough for me for the time being (although i still hope we pump them this year for 55!)

I'd love to say them but I genuinely think we are under a huge amount of pressure.

We have not won anything of note for a long long time. Too long.
If we don't stop them winning the league then in my opinion the Scottish Cup is an absolute MUST.

Another treble for that mob would be nothing short of a disaster regardless of how well we play.

I agree. Silverware is an absolute must this season. I wouldn't be looking to see Gerrard sacked but it will certainly be looked at as a failure if we don't win anything.

This is where we have a part to play by supporting the team and encouraging them even during the tough times. We have the ability to lessen the pressure on our side but do we have the self control to put it into practice?

Right now there's slightly more pressure on them as they have just lost to us at home and we can go top of the league by winning our game in hand.

As soon as either team goes 3 or more points behind in the league (with the number of games played being equal) there is a huge amount of pressure on them knowing that any slip ups from that point could be impossible to come back from.

They've won the league unopposed for last few years. It'll be a whole new experience for their players, they won't handle the pressure, I'm convinced of it. Just fkn do it Rangers.

The pressure is on both teams to win every game.However as I said at the beginning of the season if we are within 3/4 points of them come the split the pressure on them to deliver will be mind blowing and I believe we will take it

Pressure is on both teams, I'm definitely feeling the pressure when at or watching our games, arse is twitching until we have a two goal lead.

pressure on both teams for different reasons
if we keep winning the pressure will build and build on them
55 is coming, they cant bear it

There's pressure on both but our squad should be looking at this season as an opportunity to stop their run and win a title that will be remembered by our fans forever. The pressure on them could be more of a burden. I always remember some of our 9IAR row squad highlight that if we hadn't won the league in 97, nobody would remember them favourably for winning 8IAR, they'd have went down in history as the team that didn't win 9

i just hope clancy and collum dont feature in any of our games and just as important theirs. Remove Beaton too. Would rather have incompetent officials than cheats.

The press can do one with this stopping the 9 or 10 shite, for us it's just about winning the league. As far as pressure is concerned l think it's safe to say it's a new experience for them and l think we look more capable of handling it from the management and team and especially the fans.

We both are. It’s imperative we hit the ground running in the league and don’t drop points early on after this break

Both teams are always under pressure regardless of league position. The difference this time is that they are being pushed for 10IAR and have more to lose (in their eyes) than we do.

55 is huge for us but if it doesn't happen this year it will happen next year.

If they don't win the title this time around they will collapse and we will never hear the end of it. Pressure is on them for that reason and I don't think they will cope.

Latest posts

Back