Should cup money be pooled together ?

I have always thought we need to have a far better distribution of money generated in the game.
Whither we like it or not we need other teams and we really need these teams to be as strong and competitive as possible. This generates interest in the game, attracts investment and sponsorship deals which in turn increases revenues.
By spreading the wealth you can create a virtuous circle.

No need for us to subsidise others.
We already do now i.e Livingston etc.
And have do so on our way back to the top throughout the leauges
So I would keep it the way it is for the cup.
You could end up with a situation that nobody cared who they were drawn against so long as Rangers and Celtic had home draws .
Cup money should be a bonus not expected.

Yes, we should share our league gate, and any European income.with them too.
It's only fair that we help prop up teams like Dundee Utd, Aberdeen etc.

We already do now i.e Livingston etc.
And have do so on our way back to the top throughout the leauges
So I would keep it the way it is for the cup.
You could end up with a situation that nobody cared who they were drawn against so long as Rangers and Celtic had home draws .
Cup money should be a bonus not expected.

I meant anymore than we already do.

Sorry not for me. I am not at the stage of forgiveness yet. Every team in scotland to a man stuck the knife in. Keep what money we earn to ourselves

I was thinking earlier about how Stranraer won the lottery last night getting enough money to keep them going for a while. However I was thinking might it be an idea to pull all the ticket money for all games between the teams and distribute evenly rather than being luck of a draw. Would help the smaller clubs massively in.
If we done that it would take away some of the romance of the early cup rounds.

To see a team like BSC possibly getting us or the beasts away and making a few hundred grand is the lottery for them.

While this would benefit the wee teams it would mean less money for us, plus hosting these games at Ibrox will still have normal costs. So I’d be against it.

How do they split the money now? Being an old git, I remember it used to be the home team kept all the main stand money and the rest of the ground was split 50/50. But that was back in the day before most stadiums were all seated. Not sure what the split is now. I'm guessing 50/50

How do they split the money now? Being an old git, I remember it used to be the home team kept all the main stand money and the rest of the ground was split 50/50. But that was back in the day before most stadiums were all seated. Not sure what the split is now. I'm guessing 50/50
Correct, 50/50 split between home and away after expenses.

Scottish football is stagnant, and I reckon there needs to be fundamental change to fix it. I'd go as far as to say that there could be a split of gate receipts in league games too.

A more even share of revenue will make other teams competitive and end the duopoly that is ultimately making the league less attractive.

I completely understand the resistance, and rightly so given the way we've been treated, but I can't see our game ever really improving otherwise.

I don't teams like Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc benefiting from my ticket money when we're not even playing them.

I like the idea and spreading the wealth to lower division teams.

However, i totally agree with this post. Plus i wouldn't trust the SFA to administer it!

Scottish football is stagnant, and I reckon there needs to be fundamental change to fix it. I'd go as far as to say that there could be a split of gate receipts in league games too.

A more even share of revenue will make other teams competitive and end the duopoly that is ultimately making the league less attractive.

I completely understand the resistance, and rightly so given the way we've been treated, but I can't see our game ever really improving otherwise.
Seriously? I'd stop going to games altogether if we started that (dont go to away games now) If the rest of them cant get their act together then feck them. They feed off us and the other lot as it is, no need to spoonfeed the feckers too

I quite like the idea of pooling 10% of gate money and distributing it to clubs. I’d distribute that to every qualifying team from League 1 downwards.

Seriously? I'd stop going to games altogether if we started that (dont go to away games now) If the rest of them cant get their act together then feck them. They feed off us and the other lot as it is, no need to spoonfeed the feckers too

Yep - realise it's not a popular opinion, but the gap between the OF and the rest of the league has become too big. It's been 35 years since another team won the league outside the OF, and without change it'll continue for the next 35.

not for me

i always like the idea of the wee teams getting a windfall from playing us

where as I dont want and of the top league (or Dundee UTD) getting a penny more out of us

It is fine the way it is in terms of money distribution.

However, I suppose one question is should the draw be seeded?

What if us, the scum and a couple of the other "bigger teams" get drawn away to smaller teams with smaller capacity venues and then in the overall pool those "bigger" teams end up taking away more money than they would have otherwise. It would be roundly condemned?

Although currently the first drawn team (of the two) is the home team, the first drawn team should probably have the option of letting the game be played at the ground of the second drawn team, in order to maximise the number of people who can see the game in person.

Although currently the first drawn team (of the two) is the home team, the first drawn team should probably have the option of letting the game be played at the ground of the second drawn team, in order to maximise the number of people who can see the game in person.

Games should be played at the ground of those first out the hat.

Yep - realise it's not a popular opinion, but the gap between the OF and the rest of the league has become too big. It's been 35 years since another team won the league outside the OF, and without change it'll continue for the next 35.
Get what you mean but look at pretty much every other league. Juventus & Bayern Munich both serial winners but whos gonna stop them? Most leagues have a top 2 or 3 that compete, its not exclusive to this country.

Get what you mean but look at pretty much every other league. Juventus & Bayern Munich both serial winners but whos gonna stop them? Most leagues have a top 2 or 3 that compete, its not exclusive to this country.

It's not, but a quick look over the top 4 leagues since '85 by comparison,

Italy - 6 different winners
England - 8 different winners
Spain - 5 different winners
Germany - 6 Different Winners

There's nothing wrong with having big teams that dominate, but it's way beyond that point in Scotland.

No from me. I would much rather that it financially helped the likes of Stranraer, Peterhead, Alloa and then maybe a one off Premiership team like Livi or Hamilton if they were to play us at Ibrox. The idea of us selling out a cup game to benefit Dundee Utd and Hibs doesn’t sit well with me

Not for me either. Sticks in my craw when we have to hand over half of the takings from our home cup games despite opposition teams often only bringing a few hundred fans.

It's not, but a quick look over the top 4 leagues since '85 by comparison,

Italy - 6 different winners
England - 8 different winners
Spain - 5 different winners
Germany - 6 Different Winners

There's nothing wrong with having big teams that dominate, but it's way beyond that point in Scotland.
Surprised at that, im too busy to look it up (painting spare room) now but how many teams sustain challenges for years? Its usually the same old teams that compete year on year. Take Spain, Barcelona win the league most years but Madrid are racking up champions league's. Seville have multiple Europa league titles and Atletico have a couple of them too. Barca's dominance isnt hurting that league too badly

I like it in principal but it would take away the whole romantic "hanging in there to get the game back to Ibrox/Celtic Park" aspect.

While teams attempting that can be frustrating to watch as supporters of the bigger club, it's part of cup football.
No way this would work in practice

Surprised at that, im too busy to look it up (painting spare room) now but how many teams sustain challenges for years? Its usually the same old teams that compete year on year. Take Spain, Barcelona win the league most years but Madrid are racking up champions league's. Seville have multiple Europa league titles and Atletico have a couple of them too. Barca's dominance isnt hurting that league too badly

I'm in work so plenty time :)) More importantly I need to start posting more to get lounge access back so I'll sit and argue all day long :p

I don't think it needs to be a sustainable challenge, the bigger teams will always do better on the whole, but there needs to be a belief that when you've collected a great team, the right manager and all things have clicked for that one season, that you can go win the title.

Games should be played at the ground of those first out the hat.
However, if the first out of the hat has a capacity of say 2,000 and the second out of the hat has a capacity of 50,000.

Then the first out of the hat should be allowed (with the agreement of the second out of the hat), to play the game at the second out of the hats ground.

This way both of the teams would be better off financially.

I'm in work so plenty time :)) More importantly I need to start posting more to get lounge access back so I'll sit and argue all day long :p

I don't think it needs to be a sustainable challenge, the bigger teams will always do better on the whole, but there needs to be a belief that when you've collected a great team, the right manager and all things have clicked for that one season, that you can go win the title.
2nd coat finished. Ive learned a valuable lesson today, nevet let a teenager pick a room colour! (darkest blue imagineable into white) Gonna need another coat.
The way i see football going is that the big clubs will just get bigger. There will always be shock scores and occasional cup wins for teams. Btw i do sort of agree with you but as ive said big get bigger. Unless the likes of PSG, Barca, Madrid, Munich, Juventus etc. move into another version of the champions league then i can only see the big teams dominate.

2nd coat finished. Ive learned a valuable lesson today, nevet let a teenager pick a room colour! (darkest blue imagineable into white) Gonna need another coat.
The way i see football going is that the big clubs will just get bigger. There will always be shock scores and occasional cup wins for teams. Btw i do sort of agree with you but as ive said big get bigger. Unless the likes of PSG, Barca, Madrid, Munich, Juventus etc. move into another version of the champions league then i can only see the big teams dominate.

I agree, but think that's why there needs to be a mechanism to curb bigger teams from getting bigger.

We already find it impossible to compete with Champions League teams because big teams have been allowed to get bigger - it replicates it's way into the league system.

"Winning the lottery" is the aim for the minnows in cup football. Lasting in the competition until they have a potential draw against the bigger clubs.

I would also do away with the pooling of the semi-final money between the 4 clubs. In 2016 Hibs played Dundee United on the Saturday in front of a pitiful crowd that barely reached 20k - and even then I think that's being optimistic. We played the mentally challengeds the following day in front of the usual sell-out but Hibs and Dundee United got a cut of that despite playing in a stadium that was barely half full.
A pathetic situation, typical of the SFA

Back