How much rent do food vans pay

radiotab

I noticed the 2 old fashioned Van's behind the copland selling coffee and rolls. I presume because they are on our land they must pay a rent. Would it be a flat rate or a percentage?
It had a small queue when I passed but nothing like the vans across from the stadium which gives nothing to the club

I noticed the 2 old fashioned Van's behind the copland selling coffee and rolls. I presume because they are on our land they must pay a rent. Would it be a flat rate or a percentage?
It had a small queue when I passed but nothing like the vans across from the stadium which gives nothing to the club
you see it as a wee money spinner and want to change job dont you,and then charge bears 8 quid for the pleasure of eating one of your shitty burgers,but in all honesty mate,couldnt tell you :)

If we changed Edmiston House into a museum/giftshop/cafe type building then there would be less need for these vans beside Ibrox and more capital earned from the catering. Open early for visitors off the plane coming to Ibrox. Cooked breakfasts or morning rolls, a place to be indoors if you have kids, grandkids or if its raining or cold. A couple of pound for a visit into the museum or free if you buy breakfast in the cafe beforehand.

These vans also must pay a flat rate I would think to pitch their vans.

Agree with @Mr Goodbear on the need to do more on matchday experience and the potential for the club to benefit from it. Part of a longer term issue though.

The doughnut stand on Edmiston drive always smells incredible, never tried it though
Aye, been there for the last two season's. Called Declan's Doughnuts. I'm sure it's £4 for 3 doughnuts and they have a choice of sugary toppings. Never tried it as i always get chips from the van before.

What happened to the 2 burger vans Rangers had? They came in handy when queuing for hours at old ticket office. Also used them prior to games so money went to our Club

Aye, been there for the last two season's. Called Declan's Doughnuts. I'm sure it's £4 for 3 doughnuts and they have a choice of sugary toppings. Never tried it as i always get chips from the van before.
£3 for 4 it is. smells terrific every game but still haven't tried them. may do next week and report back

We should have our own new York style hot dog stand going round the stadium, along with hamburger stalls.
Get rid of these burger vans.

That hotdog one smelt fantastic last night. I'd just scranned some pakora out Little Chef on Copland Road beforehand otherwise I would've been in about that.

Hopefully if we get the new catering contract right it will force others to up their game and even lower prices making the whole match day experience better

Wee chippy on Copland Road, 5er for a Sausage supper, one sausage ! WTF kind of savage tactics are they employing there.
Match day pricing? There’s a chippy near Hampden that has a price list printed on a banner that they put over their actual prices on matchdays and gigs.
Noticed it once and never used the place ever again.

Match day pricing? There’s a chippy near Hampden that has a price list printed on a banner that they put over their actual prices on matchdays and gigs.
Noticed it once and never used the place ever again.
I don't mind paying £5, the chips are decent and the sausage was good as well, but the curious case of the missing sausage caused alarm.

renting out pitches is the way to go. No outlay or running costs, and whatever the turnover is, its almost entirely profit.

up to each caterer to price themselves competitively. No point charging £5 for something the guy next door is selling for £4.

competition should push the standard up but keep the prices reasonable

I’m sure I read on here that it’s dangerous to go onto another vans “territory”. One guy supposedly set up his van at Birkenshaw industrial estate and got a shotgun cartridge posted through his letterbox a week later or something.

Dont really get the point you are trying to make? Fans buy their tickets, merchandise, lotto, RTV etc. and give money to the club. Where should it end? Are people expected to presumably pay more for an inferior product just cos it's going to the club?

I've used it - although I never noticed the name at the time. My wee fella wanted to something to eat for the game and the donuts are better value than the guff we are offered inside the stadium and can be kept in your pocket until half time.

the Donuts were pretty good and pretty large so a portion was more that a normal person / child should require

The club need to look into further ways to bring and keep people eating inside the stadium.

I always buy a pie and coffee just to keep putting a bit of money into the club but lets be honest the standard isn't the best.

The pricing across all vans is remarkably similar. It's almost as if they talk and agree the maximum fleece price.

I’m sure I read on here that it’s dangerous to go onto another vans “territory”. One guy supposedly set up his van at Birkenshaw industrial estate and got a shotgun cartridge posted through his letterbox a week later or something.
Tim like behaviour if you ask me

Don’t eat from it lol poison on a roll fuuck that

The club need to look into further ways to bring and keep people eating inside the stadium.

I always buy a pie and coffee just to keep putting a bit of money into the club but lets be honest the standard isn't the best.

You aren’t putting any money into the club doing that mate.

If
If we are doing it properly they bid for the pitch with the highest bidder winning

Back