Rangers minor interest in bringing Windass back on loan

Won’t happen. Would probably be a good option to have in the squad with his attributes. But even then I wouldn’t have him back.

We have moved on. Remember when we were so bad that this guy was pretty much our talisman. *shudder*

Im more interested in this WW3 signing mystery??

who started that?

4LHAD on Twitter.

Was an outrageously attention seeking post along the lines of:

“.....It’s all very quiet. We’ve not heard much about incomings at all other than one that would start WW3”

This was around the time of the Scott Allan rumours. No idea if it’s linked in anyway.

Aside from the virtual certainty that this is complete guff, I’m guessing the reason Windass would be an option for anyone on loan is because he can’t hold down a regular place for Wigan, the side who are second bottom of the English Championship?

Aside from the virtual certainty that this is complete guff, I’m guessing the reason Windass would be an option for anyone on loan is because he can’t hold down a regular place for Wigan, the side who are second bottom of the English Championship?

He's been linked with £500,000 moves to Bristol City, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff. That is some fall from grace inside 18 months for a £2.5m signing.

I wonder if he regrets leaving ? As much as I thought his attitude and effort was appalling at times I'm convinced Gerrard would've made him a better player both on and off the ball.

He's been linked with £500,000 moves to Bristol City, Nottingham Forest and Cardiff. That is some fall from grace inside 18 months for a £2.5m signing.

I wonder if he regrets leaving ? As much as I thought his attitude and effort was appalling at times I'm convinced Gerrard would've made him a better player both on and off the ball.

I seem to have it in my head that Gerrard wanted to keep Windass but couldn’t guarantee him a regular start.

I do agree that Gerrard may have gotten more out of him though.

Absolutely no chance. He wasn't a bad player. He scored some big goals for us. But his mentality and attitude was never going to make him one of our top players. Hes fast, was an excellent finisher but wanted to play as the central striker which at the time he wasn't the right fit. Your time has passed Josh, tell your dad to stop talking shite

I’m not JW’s biggest fan, I didn’t like his attitude and didn’t like the way he interacted with the support online.

But the question is, could he add something to this squad for the run in? I believe the answer is yes so I’m open to it if there is genuine interest.

Prefer Waghorn as I think he would score for fun with this team. I always say that you should never bring players back though as it rarely works.

Windass was like a one night stand that gave you the clap. You'd have to be really stupid to hop in again.

I seem to have it in my head that Gerrard wanted to keep Windass but couldn’t guarantee him a regular start.

I do agree that Gerrard may have gotten more out of him though.

Gerrard said he would get regular game time but just not as our number 9.

Windass said he wanted to play the number 9 role and went to Wigan because they guaranteed that.

For all his faults, there's no question he'd have chipped in 15/20 goals as part of our front three.

The real laugh was when it was revealed how shocked him and his old man were at the level of teams enquiring about him - Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan. They had convinced themselves the EPL was calling.

What is a minor interest? "Hi Josh, we still think your shite but do you want to sit on our bench for 6 months, maybe get a few minutes here and there?"

The problem with Allan for me, apart from the obvious, is when our team are out of possession, they work like %^*& to win the ball back as quickly as possible and show remarkable levels of fitness.

Allan simply doesn't have that level of attitude or fitness.

If you remember the pre Xmas game at Easter Rd, he couldn't get near our midfield mate and looked totally out his depth, resulting in him being substituted early in the 2nd half.

There's a reason he's playing for a mid table team.

Maybe Gerrard sees him paying more in an inside forward position? A bit less ground to cover there and he can provide that pass to unlock a defence.

Seems to be too much smoke without fire in terms of his name being mentioned for us behind the scenes.

Windass will be looking at how much our coaching staff have improved the likes of Jack, Kamara, Alfie etc and be f*cking gutted he left.

He would fit perfectly into our current system playing as an inside forward.

His Dad is a f*cking tool and has too much influence on his career.

Maybe Gerrard sees him paying more in an inside forward position? A bit less ground to cover there and he can provide that pass to unlock a defence.

Seems to be too much smoke without fire in terms of his name being mentioned for us behind the scenes.

That is exactly where he should be played in a team. Either as an inside forward or behind a striker.

He's not got the fitness to be carried in a midfield but he can't half pick a pass against a packed defence.

If 'he's shite' is really the best you can muster, I'll leave you to it.

Questionable attitude and application?
Aye.
Shite footballer? His record in one of the worst ever Rangers sides makes a mockery of that nonsense.
He's struggling for game time at a team who will be playing their football in the 3rd tier next season.

His record at rangers was pumped up with a large % of his goals against lower league opponents.

If you think he's worthy I'll leave you to it. Thankfully there is zero chance Steven Gerrard will agree with you. Absolutely zero.

If it happens (and I don't believe it will), I would be okay with this. Kind of. I think.

Windass is a fud who thinks too highly of himself and listens to his da too much. We know this. But the boy did turn in some decent performances for us and in the season before he left, he banged in a right few tidy goals. As has been said before, he would potentially be really useful in our current narrow front 3 formation and personally I would be happier with him as an option rather than Barker, Ojo or Jones (although accept that Ojo looked better on his midweek cameo and JJ could still come good if him and SG can see eye to eye, which looks unlikely).

No idea why he hasn't done well at Wigan although their league position suggests he's been surrounded by shite. Maybe he would come back with a point to prove and actually listen to Gerrard and coaches with regards to fulfilling his potential? I also don't think theres any issue with his fitness or application in training as I remember interviews from last time where he was singled out as being first one in for extra work etc, think Murty (shudder...) also said once that his high intensity runs / distances were EPL level?

So aye...its crazy but on a six month, no commitment loan in January where market options are limited, i understand the thinking. And it might just work...

He has all the tools to be a good footballer but he doesn't know how to use them. A very frustrating, but talented, player. I'm not sure anyone can fix him.

Windass will be looking at how much our coaching staff have improved the likes of Jack, Kamara, Alfie etc and be f*cking gutted he left.

He would fit perfectly into our current system playing as an inside forward.

His Dad is a f*cking tool and has too much influence on his career.

Totally agree, if his attitude was better he would be flourishing in the formation that we play and would be a much better player with the coaching available to him.

He has the ability but lacks the intelligence and the work rate to reach the level he is capable of.

The only reason i could see him coming back is if wigan cant afford all the paymets. Happened with Craig Moore when he was at Crystal palace im sure.

If it happens (and I don't believe it will), I would be okay with this. Kind of. I think.

Windass is a fud who thinks too highly of himself and listens to his da too much. We know this. But the boy did turn in some decent performances for us and in the season before he left, he banged in a right few tidy goals. As has been said before, he would potentially be really useful in our current narrow front 3 formation and personally I would be happier with him as an option rather than Barker, Ojo or Jones (although accept that Ojo looked better on his midweek cameo and JJ could still come good if him and SG can see eye to eye, which looks unlikely).

No idea why he hasn't done well at Wigan although their league position suggests he's been surrounded by shite. Maybe he would come back with a point to prove and actually listen to Gerrard and coaches with regards to fulfilling his potential? I also don't think theres any issue with his fitness or application in training as I remember interviews from last time where he was singled out as being first one in for extra work etc, think Murty (shudder...) also said once that his high intensity runs / distances were EPL level?

So aye...its crazy but on a six month, no commitment loan in January where market options are limited, i understand the thinking. And it might just work...
Have you asked yourself why Wigan would allow him to leave given that they are heading for relegation? You're suggesting that they will allow their best player to leave on loan and go into the relegation battle with the "shite that surrounds him"?

Surely no chance of this happening. Definitely a talented boy but very questionable attitude.

His song was brilliant to be fair. One of my proudests moments was starting it up in a Leipzig pub before the friendly

No chance of that happening, the guys not good enough to play for the club he's with, so how the hell would he get a game with us As usual agents at it again.

Morelos. Defoe. Windass. Just looking at those names together, Windass is no where near the class of the other 2 and therefore not what wee need or want.

Our captain was a ''Wigan Reject''.
And of all the "wigan rejects" or "championship rejects" he's the only one to have made the grade, yes?

It's irrelevant anyway as we've developed Tav ourselves. Windass didn't have what was required, we've seen him 1st hand, and he's not coming back.

And of all the "wigan rejects" or "championship rejects" he's the only one to have made the grade, yes?

It's irrelevant anyway as we've developed Tav ourselves. Windass didn't have what was required, we've seen him 1st hand, and he's not coming back.

Tav was pish on here only a few months ago mate. I struggle to keep up with who's good and who's bad with the looneys on here.

If 'he's shite' is really the best you can muster, I'll leave you to it.

Questionable attitude and application?
Aye.
Shite footballer? His record in one of the worst ever Rangers sides makes a mockery of that nonsense.
That record is padded massively by lower league opposition in cup games

Back