Match Thread Hearts v Rangers - 15:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Gutted - outfought & outplayed by the bottom side in the league. This is a tough one to take. They will drop points if they face the same hearts side. We miss Alfie badly.

Our next 3 are at home and their next 3 are away. Fingers crossed we can get 9/9 and teams put up the same level of effort as hearts did today.

we missed our best player, and our captain/RB but still should have had enough in the tank. Hearts gambled and had about 5 strikers on, our midfield should’ve taken advantage of that - more space, but the composure and decision making was extremely poor. Kent and Borna should’ve exploited their makeshift RB more.

SG absolutely spot-on and honest and saw the game as most on here did. No excuses about pitch geography or dugs barking at caravans.

Not sure aribo is doing enough for me. Good lay-off for the goal but the big man needs to be a tad more aggressive on the ball. It’s all there for him but he’s not doing enough for me. Hopefully he starts adding goals as Kent has. It’s essential when playing in that role.

Kent was shite - hiding apart from the goal. Aribo hot and cold. Outfought all the time by hungrier players. Kamara too lightweight to have in midfield when we knew that they would battle from 1st minute. Only positive was Polster’s performance. Hindsight is great.
Need to really go for it now and win all 3 home games whilst they are away for all three.

They might be bottom of the league but won’t be for long, they’ve turned a corner. The scum won’t have it all their own way at Tynecastle either.

today was another example of Alfie’s Ill discipline costing us, he’s so important to us in tough away games like today. Defoe has his use but he doesn’t hold the ball up and bring others into play the way Morelos does. If there’s one thing we’re lacking it’s a backup striker in that mould.
I’m not going to get too down after today, never expected us to go undefeated, just as I don’t expect separate entity to do so either. Lots still to play for.

%^*& knows how

we were abysmal against stranraer and st mirren in the last 2 games

At least we controlled the game though, created nothing but controlled the ball and the game. Today we had no control for 90 minutes. I cant remember when you could say that about a Rangers team. Going back to Pedro & Warburton levels.

That was a sore one today.

Was that the same Hearts team who have won about 5 games in about a year?

They will not be relegated if they can continue that level of performance.

Will they?

Horrendous performance.

On the rb position - how do you start Flanagan ahead of Polster? Granted no one was saying it before but the manager is watching them both every day? It’s clear John Flanagan is incapable of even the most basic of things in a footballing sense.

Some very poor performances. Kamara had a mare. Midfield in general very poor. Had good chances and missed them. Highlights our lack of depth when key players are out. Also both goals had huge slices of luck. Goldson slips when he would likely have blocked the shot and deflected winner. Need to kill off teams by taking more chances..
Kamara cost us the game in my opinion

Biggest disappointment is that`s 5 points dropped from a winning position in the last 7 games,that is what has allowed us to lose the initiative,including last season Celtic have gone 46 consecutive league games without dropping points from a winning position.That is unprecedented and won`t continue but there is now no more room for error up until our game with them in March.

I thought Goldson was head and shoulders our best player. Hadn't slipped we probably win that game.
Polster pass marks. Every other outfield player needs to take a look themselves.

Not quite calmed down yet. But looking back you’re probably right. Just annoyed at how many “comedy” goals we lose. Not that we lose many goals but with the ones we do it seems a high percentage are slips/poor passes/switching off. Just when goldson went down I was screaming my head off.....even though it was all down to kamaras poor play.

Really Gutted after that and knew if we didnt get a 2nd goal they would sneak one and when they pulled 1 back i couldnt see us scoreing again

Our play since the break has been to slow and today was coming.
3 wins and we win the league from the next 3

That's a boot in the bollocks, knew them cnuts would be well up for it.
Disappointed is an understatement at moment.

Going to avoid the BP for a while or I might say something I will regret and maybe cop a ban or fall out with someone.

After three minutes l was thinking that the team have created a stupid hoodoo for themselves about bloody Tynecastle.
Kamara especially looked spooked from the off. His constant dithering on the ball after ignoring or not seeing an easy pass or clearance was infuriating and eventually gifted them a goal.
A very unprofessional performance hopefully sorted by Wednesday.

The Tynecastle hoodoo seems right, thats almost a carbon copy of the crap performance there earlier in the season - at least we wont have to play them again.

So disappointing. Should have been an easy 3 points. Seems like we can't handle the pressure of having the upper hand at all, so we'll need to rely on the 2 OF games to make up points and hope we keep winning otherwise. Missed Morelos today, we can't sell in January.

Polster pass marks. Every other outfield player needs to take a look themselves.

Not quite calmed down yet. But looking back you’re probably right. Just annoyed at how many “comedy” goals we lose. Not that we lose many goals but with the ones we do it seems a high percentage are slips/poor passes/switching off. Just when goldson went down I was screaming my head off.....even though it was all down to kamaras poor play.

Even if CG hadn't slipped he was probably never going to get to the ball anyway.

Goldson was the least of our worries today !

Need more than that with our performances as they are likely to get another Clancy type performance at the scumhut which will cancel out the home win against them.
Yes, you are correct, we will need more than that. Need to get back on it and be there to capitalise if and when they slip up.

The Tynecastle hoodoo seems right, thats almost a carbon copy of the crap performance there earlier in the season - at least we wont have to play them again.

I wouldn't bank on that but agree entirely, we let them get off to a flier, we took control with our goal but then lost control after Kamara's brain fart.

Even if CG hadn't slipped he was probably never going to get to the ball anyway.

Goldson was the least of our worries today !

I’ll need to take your word as never saw it back. As I said just emotion took over when I saw the slip.

But I suppose he was one of the better performers. Middle to front was the main issues today.

If frustrates me the amount of gifts we give teams. We don't make them win it. We gift it. Irma Goldson doesn't slip he blocks that shot. You couldn't make it up.

Back