Jordan Jones

JJ doesn't merit game time and was dreadful a few games back in the cup. As for Ojo well he should've been sent back to liverpool he's an absolute fraud of a player imo and I'm getting pissed off with his regular cameos purely to suit the playing clause in his loan deal.

Bottom line we need better squad players.

He does bring pace to the game.

I think we would have struggled today even if he had the game of his life when coming off the bench!

JJ doesn't merit game time and was dreadful against a few games back in the cup. As for Ojo well he should've been sent back to liverpool he's an absolute fraud of a player. Getting pissed off with his regular cameos purely to suit the playing clause in his loan deal.

Take it you didn’t see him on Wednesday? Did enough to merit being brought off the bench today. Much like how Polster merits a start on Wednesday.

He too looked pish the last time he played. However, if we are going to give Barker and Ojo their chance then he should get his also.

Worth noting though that, whilst it’s correct to say our options from the bench today were poor, we were without Tav, Helander, Morelos and Stewart. If those 4 are available then not only is the starting eleven much stronger but, by default, so is the bench.

It seems like Ojo has moved ahead of him due his poor performance in the cup. Can only assume he has also not impressed in training

He too looked pish the last time he played. However, if we are going to give Barker and Ojo their chance then he should get his also.

Worth noting though that, whilst it’s correct to say our options from the bench today were poor, we were without Tav, Helander, Morelos and Stewart. If those 4 are available then not only is the starting eleven much stronger but, by default, so is the bench.
Hear you...but we should still enough to see off a piss poor Hearts side.
No excuses. We have problems, and the sooner Gerrard and Co recognize this, the sooner we can get back to a winning streak.

He get's one ..and Ojo and certain others can have as many as they need to gain form?
Something wrong here.
Maybe would get a better shot at it, if he hadn't already let the manager down with that tackle, missing 12 weeks. Just a thought.

He was brought in so we had cover and options in exactly these kind of games. His absence, plus 2 poor performances since December means that he's not ready or trusted to do so?

christ Jones was brilliant on here pre injury,now he's nowhere near good enough. he's much better than Ojo for a start,every single day of the week!

As above JJ needs minutes before he gets back to his best. He was looking good before he got injured.

Aye because one game after 14 weeks out in a rotated team is where to judge him.

Don’t be stupid.
Not stupid mate. I’m definitely not that. I just don’t rate him. Now hopefully he proves me wrong and I’ll hold my hands up. If he does then I’ll make a point of contacting you and saying so.
My concern is the players that have been sent out on loan. Young Hastie for example. Buying players and sending them out on loan baffles me.

if G
Maybe would get a better shot at it, if he hadn't already let the manager down with that tackle, missing 12 weeks. Just a thought.

He was brought in so we had cover and options in exactly these kind of games. His absence, plus 2 poor performances since December means that he's not ready or trusted to do so?
If Gerrard is going to be that vindictive then Jones may find as well find himself a new club.
He had his own reckless moments as a player, but got a second and third chance.
Cut your nose off to spite your face?

I may be wrong but I think Jones’ performance against the mhanky mob and subsequent injury may have seriously pissed SG off, that coupled with his performance against Stranraer.

Take it you didn’t see him on Wednesday? Did enough to merit being brought off the bench today. Much like how Polster merits a start on Wednesday.

What a couple of runs against a tired St Mirren defence? The boy has done heehaw since Feyenoord last September his contribution has been extremely poor since then.

JJ doesn't merit game time and was dreadful a few games back in the cup. As for Ojo well he should've been sent back to liverpool he's an absolute fraud of a player imo and I'm getting pissed off with his regular cameos purely to suit the playing clause in his loan deal.

Bottom line we need better squad players.

What clause?

I may be wrong but I think Jones’ performance against the mhanky mob and subsequent injury may have seriously pissed SG off.

I think it started before that. When JJ was first breaking into the team with some good performances SG would strangely play it down and say things like her had to do it every game etc.....

I think there might have been a billy big balls attitude that rubbed the management up the wrong way from the start.

if G

If Gerrard is going to be that vindictive then Jones may find as well find himself a new club.
He had his own reckless moments as a player, but got a second and third chance.
Cut your nose off to spite your face?
Not saying SG is necessarily vindictive. What I mean is that Jones has severely held himself back and to-date, and we are not getting what we could have expected from him.

I think any manager has the right to expect that a player doesn't let him down. My opinion (and could obviously be wrong) is that SG sees that Jones did let him down and that he hasn't done enough yet. We don't see him in training either and that's what the Staff will base selections on.

i think ojo is playing at 40% ,why he gets picked i dont know, another one up here and doesnt get it,would pick jones over him.

We brought in squad fillers like jones , to develop, Ojo seems a strange one he’s not good enough but reality is now we need quality and consistency if we are to win the league.

Hear you...but we should still enough to see off a piss poor Hearts side.
No excuses. We have problems, and the sooner Gerrard and Co recognize this, the sooner we can get back to a winning streak.

Of course we should. We’ve had three poor performances in a row but only lost once. It’s a sore one and was a totally unacceptable showing today. However, I’m not sure 2 defeats and 2 draws in the season so far qualifies for the description ‘problems’ mate.

Arguably Tav and certainly Morelos are our best 2 players. Take the best 2 players out of any team in any league and, by definition, it weakens them. For sure, we need better backup but let’s remember, to an extent, we are still in recovery mode. In fact, for all their millions, the Dhims backup is hardly stellar either. To be honest, the real problem today wasn’t so much the quality of the team selected but the fact that the players - most of them - played abysmally badly. Having 7 or 8 players not ‘at it’ is going to make for a difficult day.

Part of the agreement with Liverpool which was similar to Kent he must play regularly.

Nobody HAS to play. That is a nonsense. Liverpool loans, in general terms, include a clause that if they do not feature in a specific percentage of matches then a penalty is payable. For Kent’s loan to Bristol, for example, Bristol had to pay £50k I understand. Hardly a stellar sum.

What you are suggesting is that the Manager will put out a weakened team, thereby risking not only the result but his fledgling managerial career, in order to save his employer a sum that is likely to be under £100k. There is no logic to that.

I think it started before that. When JJ was first breaking into the team with some good performances SG would strangely play it down and say things like her had to do it every game etc.....

I think there might have been a billy big balls attitude that rubbed the management up the wrong way from the start.
I have had that thought in my head since I watched him arrive at Ibrox with his 'team of advisors' the day he signed,just my gut feeling.

Anytime he's been given a chance he's underperformed. Simple as that.
Away to midjetlyand? Home to hibs? That ball he put on a plate for Morelos to score and put us in the group stage? If your gawnty talk pish do it else where

Surely should be getting more game time,especially ahead of Ojo
Why should he? The manger sees them both everyday in training.

Ojo is a frustrating player - I can't remember him getting a touch today but if the gaffer thinks he is a better choice then Jones then I'll go with that.

Barker is a different case altogether and should be punted asap - he is rank rotten.

It kinda shows up that our squad isn’t as strong as many people think..
Jones, Ojo and you can throw in Barker.
These guys were brought in to influence games like today but it’s obvious the gaffer doesn’t trust or rate any of them.

Back