Jones & Barker replacement

What has that got to do with us and the title? Contributed zilch domestically.

You said contributed to our season. Jones setting up Alfie for that goal bought us Kent in reality. I'd said that's a significant contribution to our season, however fleeting.

Last edited:
Biggest issue with Barker is he's apparently on £10k a week so nevermind buy him why would he want to leave? Could easily just sit and pick up a wage doing absolutely nothing for 3 years
We have a sad history of this. I am beginning to wonder how his signing got SG's approval.

Just reading local news, suggests new manager doesn't fancy him. Left out of squads recently and they just signed a Norwegian who plays same position. Manager saying it's "tactical" and he's not injured. Press saying he may leave immediately, potentially on loan
Sounds like they have some sort of disconnect which sounds like a big red flag , didn’t stay long at Fioerentina either but that’s more understandable .

We have a sad history of this. I am beginning to wonder how his signing got SG's approval.
Spot on mate and If it is true then I'm glad Mark Allan isn't there anymore. Absolute madness that he'd give him that kind of contact

Neither would be missed. Who we going to get at this late stage in the window who is any good?

Well, it is bad how we got to this. Yesterday, SG probably looked it his bench yesterday for an impact player then thought ffs.

Still, if this movement is true, there must have been fireworks at Auchenhowie today. Only positive is that we appear to be maybe acting now, while the window is still open.

So there was a meeting today for manager and players to get a few things off their chests, from both sides. And now Jones and Barker are goners..... interesting.

If it’s true that their on the way out and only Hastie is coming back in.

May as well just hand them the title.

Shambles
Why? If they go it's because Gerrard feels neither is good to start, nor come on and change a game. So what good are they here to make up the numbers?

Don’t get me wrong I agree that we need better in the wide positions but the harsh reality is the mentally challengeds have a lot more cash that us. They can afford to pay a £5m loan fee for Elyounoussi, that’s what quality costs you. Let’s hope the scouting team have unearthed a gem
Surely you don't believe Celtic paid a £5 million quid fee to loan him for a year?
On top of the wages, that's insane.

I wouldn’t let Jones go i think he has alot to offer but it seems like Gerrard hasn’t got over his sending off against the mentally challengeds
I doubt that very much but can't claim to be in the know. I just think Gerrard seen enough of him before and after to realise he won't be able to break teams in the SPFL down.
You can be a very good footballer and struggle badly in this league for Rangers.

You can run riot for Killie against Rangers, Celtic, for NI v Germany and Holland.
But if you struggle when you've no space against St Mirren or Greece then you're no use.

It's a big part of why Bale isn't worth a %^*& at Madrid.
Sure, he can win you a game v Barcelona or a Champions league semi and final but if you're struggling week in week out v Valladolid, Getafe, Leganés, Mallorca, Zaragoza and the like, then what good are you as a last 20 sub v open teams only.
It's why Bale would suit a move back to Spurs or Leicester and why Jones would do well at the likes of Forrest.

I doubt that very much but can't claim to be in the know. I just think Gerrard seen enough of him before and after to realise he won't be able to break teams in the SPFL down.
You can be a very good footballer and struggle badly in this league for Rangers.

You can run riot for Killie against Rangers, Celtic, for NI v Germany and Holland.
But if you struggle when you've no space against St Mirren or Greece then you're no use.

Sure, he can win you a game v Barcelona or a Champions league semi and final but if you're struggling week in week out v Valladolid, Getafe, Leganés, Mallorca, Zaragoza and the like, then what good are you as a last 20 sub v open teams only.
It's why Bale would suit a move back to Spurs or Leicester and why Jones would do well at the likes of Forrest.
Jones is a far far far better option than Ojo and he seems to get plenty of game time

Jones is a far far far better option than Ojo and he seems to get plenty of game time
Debatable point. But probably fair.
Ojo has done very little when coming on.
Jones has kicked a mentally challenged and injured himself.
I'd rather drink my own spunk than yours if I was forced to choose. But I'd much rather find a new girlfriend and suck her titties dry..... If I had the choice..
No offence to the fragile world of FF.
But as analogies go, I think it clarifies my thoughts on the matter.

I've never seen anything from Barker to suggest he has anything about him that would make him a Rangers player. If we can get rid this window I'd go for it with or without a replacement.
Jones looked promising pre injury but can't seem to get into the team now. I've no idea why but I trust the manager has a reason. If it is lack of professionalism as some suggest then he should go. He's good but nowhere near the standard where a bad attitude warrants accommodation

Debatable point. But probably fair.
Ojo has done very little when coming on.
Jones has kicked a mentally challenged and injured himself.
I'd rather drink my own spunk than yours if I was forced to choose. But I'd much rather find a new girlfriend and suck her titties dry..... If I had the choice..
No offence to the fragile world of FF.
But as analogies go, I think it clarifies my thoughts on the matter.
Jones played a massive part in getting us to the group stage in europe do we just forget about that?

I’d still take Bale tbf :))

If Ojo hadn't scored v Feyenoord on day one, we'd be out on our arse now.
Do we just forget about that?
Not atall you were making out as if Jones had done nothing in a Rangers shirt that was all , Jones has alot to offer especially away in europe as we have already seen

Yes, one cross doesn't make him good enough for Rangers.

He's very one dimensional and has attidue problems, the type of player we'd have 2 or 3 seasons ago but not anymore
Also had a cracking game away in denmark and at home to the spoon burners

Not atall you were making out as if Jones had done nothing in a Rangers shirt that was all , Jones has alot to offer especially away in europe as we have already seen
Mate, my point above says it all.
I'm telling you I don't think Jones wins us the game v hearts anymore than Ojo does.
I'm being objective and offering a valid point.
You happen to like him more than Ojo, which is fine.
But you're making it personal rather than a matter of objective opinion.

I don't agree with you and I'm unlikely to change your mind. Which again is fine. We are all entitled to opinions.

But it's not fair for you to claim I've a dislike or other personal grievance against him, or whatever else.

Then in the next paragraph criticise another player without giving him the same level of respect.

I've also already said I think Jones can play football.
He just can't, won't, and couldn't fit into our formation in my opinion.

And as bad as Ojo may have been on occasion, and as far away from the team as I may have him, I'd bring him in before Jones.
(again, personal opinion where you might prefer Jones)

greatest_barkersue_400x400.jpg

rising_damp_mrs_jones.jpg

Mate, my point above says it all.
I'm telling you I don't think Jones wins us the game v hearts anymore than Ojo does.
I'm being objective and offering a valid point.
You happen to like him more than Ojo, which is fine.
But you're making it personal rather than a matter of objective opinion.

I don't agree with you and I'm unlikely to change your mind. Which again is fine. We are all entitled to opinions.

But it's not fair for you to claim I've a dislike or other personal grievance against him, or whatever else.

Then in the next paragraph criticise another player without giving him the same level of respect.

I've also already said I think Jones can play football.
He just can't, won't, and couldn't fit into our formation in my opinion.

And as bad as Ojo may have been on occasion, and as far away from the team as I
May have him, I'd bring him in before Jones.
(again, personal opinion where you might prefer Jones)
Okay mate fair enough if you think that

I don't care if plenty of others did I'm giving my opinion and it seems to be one SG agrees with. He's an average player who's has a good game for Norn Iron every blue moon.
The talk is its his attitude Gerrard has a problem with no his ability , as for his appearences for NI i couldn’t comment because international football is dreadful and i don’t bother with it so you’ll know better than me in that regard

The talk is its his attitude Gerrard has a problem with no his ability , as for his appearences for NI i couldn’t comment because international football is dreadful and i don’t bother with it so you’ll know better than me in that regard
I think it's just as much to do with his ability. Give him no space and he's useless.

We’ll agree to disagree and leave it at that could go all night and we still wouldn’t agree
The days of signing average players and expecting them to be anything other than average need to end now. Higher standards is higher standards some will rise some will sink. He had his chance he sunk.

The days of signing average players and expecting them to be anything other than average need to end now. Higher standards is higher standards some will rise some will sink. He had his chance he sunk.
Prior to his injury he was grabbing his chance but i said leave it at that so lets leave it at that

Back