It's been alleged Alfredo Morelos' car has been attacked/tampered with - cops investigating

Reported on SSN there.
Remember Damarcus Beasley's car being bombed back in 2010, they were quick to tell us it was motivated neither by sectarianism nor the fact he played for Rangers.

I am stunned that folk are wanting strong statements from the club, one guy calling for Rangers to demand the scum are booted out of football over this ffs.

What happens if Rangers condemn at attack on Morelos only for the police to turn around in a few days and confirm the arrest of a car thief?

It could be absolutely anything, but we are so far down the rabbit hole now that people are not only blindly dismissing anything other than a ‘catholic conspiracy’ (direct quote from here) they are shaking with rage (another quote) over the attempted murder (yup, a quote again) of one of our players.

Not one person on here has a single reason to think it is sabotage rather than theft, but hey, it lets them rant and rage for a bit on the internet.

Perhaps wait and see what develops instead of being literally in tears over it?

This is absolutely true. Here’s what I posted on the other thread about him being a doubt for tonight. My info is coming from someone as close to this as you can get

For those doubting this, here’s what I’ve been told. Alfredo was followed home, both he and his wife in car. When he reached his car park he quickly took his wife to their flat and made her safe then returned to the car park to confront the person following. The person was attempting to/was under his car and quickly left.
this isn’t something anyone would make up
You wouldn't get under that car, If you knew anything of that car and similar ones then you would know why.more than likely just getting it checked as a precaution as it couldn't be checked at the roadside and has to be put on a ramp.

People criticising the club should note that they won’t make statement because of the investigation
True

They also have about another hundred attacks on Alfredo they could show some balls about and defend the wee guy. This isn't going away, the club need to get the media dealt with before something really does happen to one of our players.

I am stunned that folk are wanting strong statements from the club, one guy calling for Rangers to demand the scum are booted out of football over this ffs.

What happens if Rangers condemn at attack on Morelos only for the police to turn around in a few days and confirm the arrest of a car thief?

It could be absolutely anything, but we are so far down the rabbit hole now that people are not only blindly dismissing anything other than a ‘catholic conspiracy’ (direct quote from here) they are shaking with rage (another quote) over the attempted murder (yup, a quote again) of one of our players.

Not one person on here has a single reason to think it is sabotage rather than theft, but hey, it lets them rant and rage for a bit on the internet.

Perhaps wait and see what develops instead of being literally in tears over it?

Not disagreeing with you mate.

What I would say is that the reactions on here haven't happened randomly or overnight. There's a reason for folk kicking off about this (be it rightly or wrongly).

Couldn't blame tbe boy for leaving g scotland, he has to put up with so much shite from the unwashed hoards.

If you dehumanise someone’s character enough then you can justify just about anything anyone does to them. If anything happened to them then there would be blood on the press’ hands

Wow! I have only just read about this. No words for these scumbags. Thankfully him and his wife were not hurt.

Not disagreeing with you mate.

What I would say is that the reactions on here haven't happened randomly or overnight. There's a reason for folk kicking off about this (be it rightly or wrongly).
There are plenty of reasons for people to be raging but this thread is an utter shambles and frankly, an embarrassment to the board.

There is absolutely a chance someone thought they could follow the player, fit their hand under a super car, find the brake pipes and cut them, then exit an area covered in cctv and expect not to get caught.

FAR more likely is that someone saw a car to steal, followed it and tried to plant a £29 Amazon tracker under it, knowing that if they stole the car somewhere else, the cctv would not be a risk (as the theft would happen elsewhere, obviously).

There is no speculation on this thread, other than a couple of posters. It is literally pages and pages of rage with the ONLY thing that is know as a fact as Alfie’s car got towed.

Police Scotland say "no criminality" established at this time. I would think if someone was crouched down near my car then I would suspect some "criminality".

There are plenty of reasons for people to be raging but this thread is an utter shambles and frankly, an embarrassment to the board.

There is absolutely a chance someone thought they could follow the player, fit their hand under a super car, find the brake pipes and cut them, then exit an area covered in cctv and expect not to get caught.

FAR more likely is that someone saw a car to steal, followed it and tried to plant a £29 Amazon tracker under it, knowing that if they stole the car somewhere else, the cctv would not be a risk (as the theft would happen elsewhere, obviously).

There is no speculation on this thread, other than a couple of posters. It is literally pages and pages of rage with the ONLY thing that is know as a fact as Alfie’s car got towed.
I agree that the brake tampering issue seems far fetched (there are other ways to damage a braking system that would be much easier). Also cannot be discounted but unlikely.

Where my problem lies is that the club have time and again failed to address those posturing in the media and emboldening the scummiest arseholes element in supports nationwide into goading and attacking Alfie. The clubs public defence of Alfie, gerrard apart has been fkn chronic.

I wish I could say I’m surprised but unfortunately we live in a country run by and for scum. A horrible racist, bigoted little shithole full of small minded morons.

A disgrace, Do our players have to check their cars every time they use them, how low can these scumbags go, a line has been crossed, our club need to come out and highlight this, and so do the (no laughing now) Scottish government..

I agree that the brake tampering issue seems far fetched (there are other ways to damage a braking system that would be much easier). Also cannot be discounted but unlikely.

Where my problem lies is that the club have time and again failed to address those posturing in the media and emboldening the scummiest arseholes element in supports nationwide into goading and attacking Alfie. The clubs public defence of Alfie, gerrard apart has been fkn chronic.

You absolutely have a point. If it was a thief trying to steal a car, it will 100% have been because of the car, not the owner, and no amount of defence of Alfie from the club would have stopped it. 2 completely separate issues mate.

my first thought was it could easily be this

then I saw our captains best mate and someone with a lot of friends at Ibrox and knew Alfredo say someone tried to tamper with his breaks

There is no chance he has said that without speaking to the people he knows and who know exactly what has happened

I don't trust Police Scotland to investigate this fully .. Clearly there was criminality going on if a guy is underneath his car.. what the hell was he doing there then if not trying to damage the vehicle!

Mate I am a Mechanic , If you cut the pipes you won’t have any pressure going to the brakes or fluid for that matter so it wouldn’t matter how much fluid was left In the system.
I am not a mechanic but i have enough experience with cars to back that up. I imagine it would be different if they just drilled a small hole though. Then there would be enough pressure for a short time.

This is where you get to if you dont address the lack of decency or morals in a club and support who hide child sexual abuse and ignore hanging effigies in their stadium.

Rotten to the core. Every single one of them.

Yeah and had the club dealing with countless libel cases on the back of it. Catch a grip ffs.
No you and others like you need them catch a grip. We're still waiting on condemnation of the Sun and leckie and them their refusal to do anything about it. Their refusal to do so is a disgrace.

What is wrong with some people? At the end of the day the guy is just doing his job and playing football to provide for his family. Guys like Sutton have a lot to answer for with their constant attacks on Morelos.

The club has had plenty of incidents that they could have commented on that weren't the subject of a police investigation.
We have been prodded, poked,antagonised and ridiculed by a collection of
Complicit FC mouthpieces.
That silence shames a board who otherwise has done everything and more to keep our club going.
I have no understanding as to why they have allowed the continued demonising and the devaluation of the club .

Enough is enough, ffs!

It is well beyond time to take the Rangers hating elements of Scottish society head on.

We've been fair game for too many for far too f*cking long and it's only going to end in something serious happening unless it is addressed properly.

For those suggesting this is an attempt car theft, you cannot steal a modern car without the true key. And certainly not by going underneath it. This guy has been up to no good and it wasn't car theft. If it's an attempt to render the car unsafe then some of the earlier suggestions that it is an attempt to harm Alfie are not ridiculous

But that doesn't seem to matter when accusations are made against Rangers supporters, players and the Club.

There have been numerous examples of initial reports being incorrect using Rangers and seldom amended.

The Club could easily issue a statement saying they're responding to stories/rumours and that they're awaiting the results of a police report. And then linking it to the bigger picture on Alfie, citing 'respect our players' and specific examples.

Instead, we don't. We're reactive, never proactive.

Racists, paedo enablers, vandals, animals. That's what we're up against. Fuckin vermin. A true shitshow of a country!

I (allegedly) directly blame Mr Christopher Sutton for this incident after he stirred up the green yins into obscene Whirling Dervishes

I hope the club go after him and that other (Welsh) brain died quarter wit.

But that doesn't seem to matter when accusations are made against Rangers supporters, players and the Club.

There have been numerous examples of initial reports being incorrect using Rangers and seldom amended.

The Club could easily issue a statement saying they're responding to stories/rumours and that they're awaiting the results of a police report. And then linking it to the bigger picture on Alfie, citing 'respect our players' and specific examples.

Instead, we don't. We're reactive, never proactive.
Um, the club released exactly that statement...

Even if we were to discount the idea that someone cut his brake lines (which I hope has absolutely no truth to it, for Alfredo's own safety) we end up at what you say is the more likely scenario where someone is planting a device on his car.

The absolute best scenario is someone looking to steal his car. The worst scenario is.....well I don't understand why you wouldn't want to follow someones car about unless you have some pretty sinister intentions.

So say its someone wanting to steal his car, this is a young guy who has had coins thrown at him, banners unfurled about his mother, sectarian abuse shouted at him and threats of physical violence on social media - its another incident in a long line of them regarding Alfredo. Still sinister and its harassment at best.

Even if we were to discount the idea that someone cut his brake lines (which I hope has absolutely no truth to it, for Alfredo's own safety) we end up at what you say is the more likely scenario where someone is planting a device on his car.

The absolute best scenario is someone looking to steal his car. The worst scenario is.....well I don't understand why you wouldn't want to follow someones car about unless you have some pretty sinister intentions.

So say its someone wanting to steal his car, this is a young guy who has had coins thrown at him, banners unfurled about his mother, sectarian abuse shouted at him and threats of physical violence on social media - its another incident in a long line of them regarding Alfredo. Still sinister and its harassment at best.

Or a £200k car that someone wants to steal because it is, well, a £200k car...

Back