It's been alleged Alfredo Morelos' car has been attacked/tampered with - cops investigating

I feel it may appear I’m on Robertson’s case here but a response needs to come directly from the Club, C 1872 can make a statement as they should but the Club absolutely must come out swinging, no holds barred first and foremost. Put pressure on the authorities to act and the mhedia to back the f@ck off.

If Robertson doesn’t have the metal for it he should clear his desk tonight.

they tell us he is shite etc the facts are he has done everything apart from score and btw he hates them and is under their skin

There is no "believe" about it. An incident did happen. So say that. Always meek and weak. Wish I could write the clubs statements I'd of had everyone of the cnuts and their papers named and shamed and banned long ago.
Yeah and had the club dealing with countless libel cases on the back of it. Catch a grip ffs.

An absolute disgrace if someone’s sabotaged his car. This country is an absolute cesspit of hatred towards Alfredo.

Time for the boy to leave and time the club came out and slaughters the sectarian bile that is generated by celtic fc so call fans,getting dangerous now will it take a life before our club goes to war against these fckers and everything they represent

Morelos grew up in one of the most poverty stricken parts of Colombia. Now this probably wouldn't be nice to see but I doubt it will let it affect him

Horrific thing to happen and glad no harm to Alfredo ,Mrs M and baby to be. Definite club statement required but might need to be tempered down a bit in the short term till it becomes clear if there are criminal charges to be made.

I'm sitting here shaking with rage just thinking about this. This is what we are up against in Scotland nowadays, a key player for Rangers having his life and that of his partner and unborn child targeted. I know it's been said many a time, but there will come the day when a Rangers player/staff member WILL be murdered simply because of his connection to us.

What makes this all the more sickening is the way this ABSOLUTELY WILL be swept under the carpet one way or another, and either a) it will barely be reported then quickly forgotten about; b) they will make it out to be his fault somehow for his 'gestures to the crowd' in the Old Firm; c) they will make it out to be a purely random attack by a car thief...and/or c) said car thief will be reported to be a Rangers fan and finally; d) everyone will just laugh this off.

I honestly want to pack my bags and take my family away from Scotland right now and I wouldn't blame Alfie one bit if he did just that. We now live in a country where being connected to Rangers Football Club has you walking about as a legitimate target for violence and even worse.

I'm 35 years old and I've never seen a player been targeted as bad by the media and scum fans as morelos and for what? I was younger at the time of mo johnstone stuff, how bad was it at that time?

Nowhere near. I can’t think of a player in UK anywhere going through this level of shiite. Even ones who have committed crimes such as the Hearts paedophile didn’t suffer this. Getting fed up with these c*nts.

Morelos grew up in one of the most poverty stricken parts of Colombia. Now this probably wouldn't be nice to see but I doubt it will let it affect him
You think he will brush off an attack on his life I highly doubt it but understand your thinking as will have seen some wild shit.

Because we have a man at the helm in S Robertson unfit for purpose and his ability to protect the club and staff is proven to be non existent.

Make friends my fucking arse, that ship sailed years ago and we are onto a hiding to nothing with such a man in charge.

I says it at the time, Sutton, Hartson etc should have been summoned to Ibrox along with club lawyers to explain their comments.

Sadly this is somewhat our own doing in a sense people know they can slaughter us in the press/media which goes unchallenged.

This is deeper than a Robertson issue mate..much deeper. This is getting to the stage it's religious/ xenophobia type issue in the country. I agree the highest members of the club should call it out also but this is even beyond that for me.

This is absolutely true. Here’s what I posted on the other thread about him being a doubt for tonight. My info is coming from someone as close to this as you can get

For those doubting this, here’s what I’ve been told. Alfredo was followed home, both he and his wife in car. When he reached his car park he quickly took his wife to their flat and made her safe then returned to the car park to confront the person following. The person was attempting to/was under his car and quickly left.
this isn’t something anyone would make up
Hope the bastard is found and charged with attempted murder. We’re dealing with absolute dregs potentially trying to injury/kill a player.

I feel it may appear I’m on Robertson’s case here but a response needs to come directly from the Club, C 1872 can make a statement as they should but the Club absolutely must come out swinging, no holds barred first and foremost. Put pressure on the authorities to act and the mhedia to back the f@ck off.

Is that before or after he deals with the assault on our players/staff and safety of our disabled fans at Hampden following the SCF v Hibs.

That must be getting towards the top of his list to do something about it by now....

keeping our power dry or good things come to those who wait.......

That's frightening.

Leckie et al. have a hell of a lot to answer for.
Except they won’t. They’ll ignore it. And whatever’s happened (we don’t know 100% yet) whether it was targeting Morelos specifically or a sheer coincidence (I know, I know) there is not a hope in hell any of them will be in the slightest apologetic or even sorry for him, let alone willing to take responsibility. And nobody in the media will call them out.

It's not his job, nor is he any good at it. Traynor isn't as useless as our PR either so this is on Dave King, he's the shot-caller.
He's woefully out of touch on this.
We're fucked if Alfie turns round and says "I don't feel safe, the club couldn't care less about the players safety, I want out, now"
What players would come to an environment like that?
What decent manager would come when Gerrard decides he's had enough of competing in a rigged game?

I've no idea.

I'm just stating the point that we have no evidence either way what happened. Could be sinister or could be car thieves, it does happen you know!
Of course it could be car thieves, but your post reads as if that is the case due to the type of car.

This is what happens in this despicable back water of a country when people are allowed to paint Morelos as something he is not, completely unchallenged. Disgusting.

You serious?

Assuming this is what is being inferred, poverty stricken people might turn to crime to steal food, they don't cut brake cables FFS.

Its now time for the true Protestant people of Scotland to take a stand, the evil that is being directed towards us by the Nationalist/Republican hordes is now becoming frightening, FFS this is the attempted murder of a football player all because he plays for a club with traditional Protestant and Unionist values. Time to make a stand.

Unfortunately most Nationalists in this country are also Protestants who hate our club and who don't care one iota what befalls us.

If it’s a tracking device then there’s a chance it’s general criminality given the car involved.

However if the brakes have been tampered with then all gloves are off, and all out attack against the scum media is needed.

I would suspect one of our esteemed rags attempting to put a tracking device on his car, in the hope of digging up dirt on him.

people are sill getting way ahead of themselves in here, was it a terrible thing to happen yes absofuckinglutely but the club can't say anything until there's an official outcome of any investigation, also i've seen some blame that other lot for this - now while their replies to this incident sre utterly deplorable in their own right (i'm not posting them) this is a dangerous road to go down before anything else has been revealed as fact

Club need to make a hard statement about this.
A proper one, calling out all the folk who have been demonising him including papers and journos. Name and shame.

This may not affect Alfredo too much. But I would expect his wife may say “enough is enough”. And I can understand her point of view.
Definitely they will be out of here sharply and who could blame them,we should not ask, we as a support should demand the club goes to war on this

They actually need sectioned. Iv always disliked them obviously but living where i do in very mixed towns iv known many scum supporters over the years and spoken to them civilly and some as friends.

Its getting to the point now tho, that I actually cant stand anyone who supports them. A vile club with vile supporters. I dont engage in football talk with them as i just get pissed off. They are all deluded and are worth the watching.

%^*& them, fucking scum bags.

It isn't about saying nothing over this incident, they are 100% right not to just now.

It is the silence over the last 2 years allowing this to build up , allowing Morelos to be painted as some kind of lunatic devil incarnate, this is partly on the board make no bones about it.

They have said not a peep when Sutton, Stewart, Brazil, Jackson, Leckie, Hartson and others have said vile disgusting and sometimes untrue things about a Rangers employee which has resulted in him being racially abused and abused on the streets of Glasgow

The board should be ashamed of themselves as there inaction, play nicey nice and try to bend over for the likes of the above has brought us to the stage Morelos and his Wife are not even safe to go home or drive the streets.
Scottish cup final, what happened after that. The media basically laughed at us, they'll just do the same again.

I dont know the answer to this with such a hostile media in this country at the moment. Only thing we can do at the moment as fans at least,is stop giving them the reactions they obviously want, by taking nothing to do with them, by continually giving them the publicity and good laughs at our expense.

Need to see what comes out of this and what is and isn't true. I'm going to suggest that if the club cannot comment and this is under investigation, it's not a warning light coming on. Be realistic ffs.

If there is an investigation, the club cannot comment. However this doesn't mean as usual they stay quiet. Our most valuable asset, a 23 year black player from Colombia has been harrased incessantly by so called media professionals just months after he arrived. Harrased by fellow pros. Some of the comments made to him in what cricketers would call "sledging" aren't just part and parcel of the game, its vile racism. The shit he takes from fans, recorded racist abuse, items launched at him repeatedly. Barely a fkn whisper from the club apart from perhaps gerrard being a one man band protecting him. It isn't good enough. Up the fkn game Rangers, you may not be able to comment on this incident but there are fkn plenty of others. Support and defend the boy.

As for the rumours. Nobody knows for sure but something has clearly merited an investigative response. These arseholes have been incited by those repeatedly mentioned in this thread. Enough is enough. Pressure thir bosses and demand that if the constant attack is not stopped, priveleges will be removed and their staff denied access to our club and stadium.

And finally, what kind of arseholes would tamper or even challenge a football player? I had access to petrovs property multiple times, bumping into him several times. I hated that cheating diving wee (unt but seeing as I'm not a reprobate, It never once crossed my mind to say something, do something, let others know where he was. If something was done to his car, the guilty party must be punished severely. Or would nippys Scotland not want to prosecute anyone doing this to a young black professional. Greatest wee nation eh?

The Daily Mail actually published the most positive story I have read by them today about Morelos. It just happens to be too late. Much too late.

This is horrendous. Not only has his poor wife been put into an unsafe/threatening situation which has eventually ended at their family home but the potential fall out from this sabotage could have been as fatal as a terrorist attack. Other celebrities and footballers have had to endure violence and offensive behaviour but this is the worst example to date in my opinion. Simply evil behaviour. As others have stated, this must be addressed by the club, police and government to highlight how grave the situation and anti rangers sentiment has become.

Back