RTV link to buy tonights game

i.e. get a VPN, if you use google chrome you can download something called "hola!" and set it to another country other than the UK. It can sometimes be fiddly and it'll revert back to the UK when you click the subscribe to Rangers TV section to purchase the game, so just go into the settings and set it to another country again and refresh. It'll then be in the live section grey'd out until nearer kick off.

I’m also using this for first time today. I have purchased as above.

Does the link for actually watching game just appear closer to the time?

I’m also using this for first time today. I have purchased as above.

Does the link for actually watching game just appear closer to the time?

For those buying a single match. VPN on and go the the RangersTV page and click on Subscribe to RangersTV. Purchasing the match will be the first option.

Once you've purchased, you can click on the Live tab. There will be links for Live Video and for Live Audio. Both will be greyed out. Approximately 45 minutes before kick-off the grey link will turn red and you can click on it. It will take you to a still picture of the Govan Stand (for home games). For home games actual video footage will kick-in about 30 minutes prior to kick-off. For away games it will be nearer 15/20 minutes before kick-off.

@Valley Bluenose

Can you confirm if VPN needs to be active to load the stream (and keep the stream active)

In my experience it does mate. Saw someone the other day saying they'd been able to play without the VPN on. Not a chance. I turned the VPN off mid-stream. It plays for around 45 seconds (probably what's already buffered) and then stops. When you refresh the screen to get it going again you get the message that its not available in your location.

VPN needs to be on and remain on.

Cheers. Be a few bears with family members not comfortable with vpn concept that maybe could have bought the match for them. Never mind thanks anyway.

If you buy the match before kick off can you then watch it on demand from the beginning at any time during the match or even after the game has finished?

If you buy the match before kick off can you then watch it on demand from the beginning at any time during the match or even after the game has finished?

I've never tried it mate. I'm sure I've read on here though that you need to start the stream and then pause it to be able to do that. Otherwise, its midnight - and I saw a report the other day that suggested that a midnight it was only in SD and didn't go to HD until a fair bit later, maybe after 0100hrs.

Strange, I am in Amsterdam, yet i get no option to buy the game and only subscription options are for those based in UK - used to be an option for overseas bears - what happened?

Strange, I am in Amsterdam, yet i get no option to buy the game and only subscription options are for those based in UK - used to be an option for overseas bears - what happened?

Belts and braces. Clear cache/delete cookies and try again.

Out of interest what device are you on? Make sure it recognises you are in Amsterdam. If a mobile you might still be on a UK connection.

Haven’t tried streaming in a while but won’t have another option tonight. Is it working on iOS? I remember there being some problem with that a few months ago?

Valley B
hope you can advice, l changed over to the new system on the day it was announce. Had no problem watching the hearts game, everything running smoothly until now just had an E Mail informing me the agreement with Rangers TV £17.25 has been cancelled.
was under the impression the payments would changeover automaticall.
whats the best contact so as to reverse the cancellation.

Valley B
hope you can advice, l changed over to the new system on the day it was announce. Had no problem watching the hearts game, everything running smoothly until now just had an E Mail informing me the agreement with Rangers TV £17.25 has been cancelled.
was under the impression the payments would changeover automaticall.
whats the best contact so as to reverse the cancellation.

My understanding is that your old subscription is supposed to transfer over to the new provider automatically. When you login to your Account page it should show, in brackets, 'hidden legacy' after the details of your subscription.

We were told that RangersTV would cancel the debit by WorldPay and that we would each receive an email from WorldPay telling us it had been cancelled. Only a few have posted that they've received those email so far but that's what's supposed to happen as the debit transfers to the new provider. Looks like you are OK but keep an eye on it.

Valley B,
on my account l have hidden legacy as you well say, hopefully l have preempted not to say panicked.
Again thanks for your advice.
Top man !!

Valley B,
on my account l have hidden legacy as you well say, hopefully l have preempted not to say panicked.
Again thanks for your advice.
Top man !!

What’s happened to your account so far is what is supposed to have happened as per the email ‘some’ received a while ago. Check when your account shows your next payment is due and try logging in immediately after it’s been taken just to be sure. For example, if next payment is due on 1 Feb, check it’s come out your bank/credit card and then login to RTV on 2 Feb to be sure it’s still working.

What’s happened to your account so far is what is supposed to have happened as per the email ‘some’ received a while ago. Check when your account shows your next payment is due and try logging in immediately after it’s been taken just to be sure. For example, if next payment is due on 1 Feb, check it’s come out your bank/credit card and then login to RTV on 2 Feb to be sure it’s still working.
Will do that, as next payment is on the 4th.
hopefully transfer will run smoothl.

Anyone trying with Opera? I have used it loads of times but tonight it's saying We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries. I've set my VPN to Americas.

When I click on the image of exit 4 to play video that is.

Anyone trying with Opera? I have used it loads of times but tonight it's saying We're sorry, this content is only available in certain countries. I've set my VPN to Americas.

i used Opera 20 mins ago mate

Switch VPN on, set location (ideally somewhere in mainland Europe), then refresh your browser. If it still doesn’t work clear cache/delete cookies and try again.

Opera VPN is shite by the way. But free I suppose.

Working fine on Opera for me, also set to Americas.

If you can select somewhere in Europe (and it’s not UK or RoI) it will stream much better. Opera is notoriously slow anyway apparently but if you are going via Americas it will be even slower.

A wee heads up for anyone who missed it last week:

If casting to Chromecast don't use the built in cast tab on the RTV player - cast from your own Chromecast icon.

Well; managed to actually watch about 15 minutes of that so far. Fortunately it included the goal but that really is poor. Especially when it worked brilliantly at the start of the season. Very disappointing.

I've never tried it mate. I'm sure I've read on here though that you need to start the stream and then pause it to be able to do that. Otherwise, its midnight - and I saw a report the other day that suggested that a midnight it was only in SD and didn't go to HD until a fair bit later, maybe after 0100hrs.
Got in from work just after the game had finished, having adopted radio silence and the game became available at 11pm. As you said it was only SD quality though. Now at 1am it offers 720p coverage which is much better than what I watched.

Back