Im still standing strong with the Gaffer.

Gallant_Few

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.

Steven Gerrard has my backing 100%. I still believe he will deliver us the league this season. He has brought us our Rangers back and what he has delivered in Europe has been brilliant. This is a sticky patch and a coincidence that it’s came at the same time as last season. I’m as frustrated as anyone watching us play since the break. Yesterday’s result I saw coming after 10 mins. Wednesday night will be a slog too if we don’t start the game quickly and on the front foot.
this is not the time to turn on the manager. Some of the posts in here since last night is a disgrace

We have made progress under Gerrard, anyone who denies this is clearly blind. Yes, we are going through a tough patch but look at where we were 3-4 years ago!

Unfortunately we have many fans still stuck in the 9 in a row era - where we expected (and seen) us pump teams from start to finish.

Since he's came in he has progressed us no doubt, however he's still very weak tactically.

Terrible substitutions and an inability to change the game from the sidelines will cost him if he doesnt learn quick.

He's now staring down the barrel at another season without silverware which is unacceptable.

Gerrard is without a doubt the right man for us at this moment in time.

However, I think it's ok for fans to be pissed off and question why we keep making the same mistakes.

I may be in the minority but I thought we didnt do to much wrong yesterday. Our passing was quicker and movement was better than the last couple of games. Their keeper pulled off 3 world class saves to deny us certain goals aye mcgregor pulled off a couple himself but other than not sticking the ball away I didnt think we done to much wrong. Hagi was keen to get on the ball and make things happen so he looks to be a positive player.

There is 4 points in it. We need to get behind the team.

I firmly believe he is the man to continue taking us forward. There are going to be bumps along the road but as long as he is seen to be addressing them then I'm happy.

That being said, I feel many give him an easy ride on certain things because he is who he is.

A win against Hibernian and then Hamilton and suddenly things will look brighter, the beggars dropping points today would be unlikely but what a difference it would make mentally.

If the unthinkable happens next week and we drop points and go out to Hamilton then there will be a big reaction from many I feel.

If there’s no trophies this year then he has been manager during two Celtic trebles.
That's a fair point mate. Despite how far he has taken us forward there would be no hiding from that fact. Am not for one minute saying Gerrard should go regardless of this season, however , it wouldn't make for good reading.

A new 4 year contract suggests we are all in with Gerrard. Losing points to Hearts and Aberdeen is not title winning form. Those 4 performances were unacceptable for a team with title ambitions. I have mixed feelings on the contract extension. Gerrard's name and reputation far exceed his achievements as a manager so far, possibly still sore after yesterday.

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.

It's not the game v Them that I'm worried about tbh. I'd fancy us to beat them, my worry is that we are too far behind for it to matter. I also dont think its dropping points in two games that's the issue (although its obviously never a good thjng)it's the manner in which we've done so. Even the three games we've won, it's not been anywhere near the same tempo.

We are in good hands with SG and his team, massive strides have been made but, performances in the last 5 games have been a bit alarming to say the least.

A new 4 year contract suggests we are all in with Gerrard. Losing points to Hearts and Aberdeen is not title winning form. Those 4 performances were unacceptable for a team with title ambitions. I have mixed feelings on the contract extension. Gerrard's name and reputation far exceed his achievements as a manager so far. I have mixed feelings, possibly still sore after yesterday.

We cant keep flipping the manager either though or you just go back to square one.

Gerrard gets it and is in the process of forming different formations for different games.

We already have a good system, with 2no 10’s a flat middle 3 and full backs providing width, for Europe and certain other games.

I reckon we will now see 2 up front since the 443 system can’t break down teams who don’t attack. I reckon this is the reason that he bought Kemberi and also tried to get the Burnley striker a well.

He knows what he is doing although our current firm is far from ideal.

People saying he has to ‘turn it around’!!!!!

We have improved in league points and qualified to the knockouts if the EL.

Yes, there is room for improvement and the LC final was a gutter, but turning things around implies we have regressed since last year.

SG started in 2018 at a huge disadvantage to Celtic, sadly the investment in depth doesn’t seem to be paying off - injuries and suspensions have done us. Out biggest outlay not doing the job is an issue too.

What happens if the papes win another treble? They probably already have 2 out of the 3 in the bag?

Do we still blindly back the manager?

I’ve mentioned this before and in no way am I saying he should be replaced at this moment, however his name is saving him from a helluva lot of criticism, if any other manager we had brought in was in the same position the criticism would be fierce.

100% backing SG. Only 2nd year in, chasing the title, Europe after xmas, capable of beating main rivals.
Lots more to happen before this League is decided.

I think the vast majority are, you've got to ignore the panty wetters on here.

When you think back to where we were a couple of seasons ago, you know that we're onto a good thing with Gerrard.

He does need silverware though, that there is no denying.

I think the vast majority are, you've got to ignore the panty wetters on here.

When you think back to where we were a couple of seasons ago, you know that we're onto a good thing with Gerrard.

He does need silverware though, that there is no denying.

Your last line is telling and what it’s all about, every Rangers manager should be judged on silverware, it’s zero out of 5 so far in my book.

Your last line is telling and what it’s all about, every Rangers manager should be judged on silverware, it’s zero out of 5 so far in my book.

It's always that way with the top job at Rangers.

The board have backed him significantly more than previous managers.

If it's not this year for him, we go again next year. He simply has to stop 10iar, I think he'd walk himself if that came to fruition.

of course we stand by SG
utter rubbish not to
for starters who better can we afford to replace him with
he is still learning and already gave us some fantastic games (and some rubbish too)
he will be the best thing to happen to us for years

So should every Rangers fan.

Since the winter break it's been hard going, no doubt about it. But the amount of fans already flung the towel in is frightening. There's still a lot of football left to play !

Admittedly we can't have any more slip ups, will we go on a winning run from now until the split ? Who knows. We should be giving our team the full backing they need though !

I love the manager, however one thing that has always perplexed me is the standing motionless on the sidelines throughout games. I can’t think of any other manager that literally doesn’t engage with his players for tweaks throughout the match, motivation etc.

I’m not suggesting jumping about like a baffoon the way O’Neill used to for them, or Klopp does at Liverpool, but there must be some kind of in game management and interaction from the sidelines. When this isn’t there, then it makes the obvious failings of being unable to change things in games all the more apparent. 1-0 up away to hearts, 2-0 up at Pittodrie. Shut up shop and get out of there with 3 points!

I firmly believe he is the man to continue taking us forward. There are going to be bumps along the road but as long as he is seen to be addressing them then I'm happy.

That being said, I feel many give him an easy ride on certain things because he is who he is.

A win against Hibernian and then Hamilton and suddenly things will look brighter, the beggars dropping points today would be unlikely but what a difference it would make mentally.

If the unthinkable happens next week and we drop points and go out to Hamilton then there will be a big reaction from many I feel.
If that happens there should be a big reaction as that is simply not good enough with the money spent

A new 4 year contract suggests we are all in with Gerrard. Losing points to Hearts and Aberdeen is not title winning form.

Just googling the results of the 2010/11 season shows we won the league despite losing to Hearts away, Hibs at home and drawing twice to Inverness. You can check practically any season we won it and there will be times we dropped points to teams other than them.

People seem to think we have to be unbeaten all season to win it.

Just googling the results of the 2010/11 season shows we won the league despite losing to Hearts away, Hibs at home and drawing twice to Inverness. You can check practically any season we won it and there will be times we dropped points to teams other than them.

People seem to think we have to be unbeaten all season win it.

Exactly this. They'll still drop points too.

However, we've not given ourselves room for many more of these types of results. We need to go on a run now which many can't see us doing. The shite form has to stop right now. No more wiggle room.

I am starting to question SG a bit now,but hope for all our sakes he can turn it around and reinstall confidence .My immediate concern is the spoon burners midweek,defeat and the partys over

Gerrard has my backing. The problem I am having with him just now though, is the constant backing of players who just aren't at it. It is really doing my nut in. He is sending a bad signal to our youth players etc. when he turns around and says they aren't ready yet, but sticks ojo in. If you were a youth player looking at that, would you be signing a new contract. We have players coming in and playing well getting dropped for players who have been consistently poor. Having your favourites is one thing but playing them when they are clearly not performing is another. I really want this management team to succeed. I just hope they adapt. Surely someone can figure out how to beat these s***e teams.

Of we still believe in the gaffer, I'd question the use of subs and the opportunity to mix things up though when it's clearly not working.

I don’t think we have any option but to stick with him, we’ve seen in the past the standard of the other likely candidates.

We need to continue to improve the team but also adjust the approach so we have more than one way to play

I stand by the Gaffer. He is a young inexperienced manager and many of his players are still young and developing. The pressures on him will rise though the longer we do not win a trophy.

Yes, I understand that. Continuity is very important, however winning trophies is the be all and end all for a Rangers manager.

I agree mate however, this is probably the first time ever that we are behind them financially. We cant just keep taking on new managers with an entire backroom team, paying them off and then bringing a new guy in to completely overhaul the squad season after season. In the aftermath of Pedro our fans were spitting feathers at Robertson and saying that his appointment had put us back a few years. Very same people are now wanting rid of Gerrard because he might not win us the league again this season. Regardless of what happens this season he has earned another crack at it ⁰imo.

100% behind the gaffer and he has brought us on in last 2 years but
agreed discussing and critising his tactics is normal. Its gutting to rely
on others to drop points. He will take us further given time. Changing manager
now or end season achieves nothing

Course we stand by him, doesn’t absolve him from criticism.

I think Gerrard will develop into a great manager but we need to remember he’s a new young inexperienced manager who’s taken on one of the biggest jobs in football.

He’s done well so far but the consequence of that is he’s set high expectation levels and when they are not always achieved this place goes apeshit. Sometimes he just can’t win.

I agree mate however, this is probably the first time ever that we are behind them financially. We cant just keep taking on new managers with an entire backroom team, paying them off and then bringing a new guy in to completely overhaul the squad season after season. In the aftermath of Pedro our fans were spitting feathers at Robertson and saying that his appointment had put us back a few years. Very same people are now wanting rid of Gerrard because he might not win us the league again this season. Regardless of what happens this season he has earned another crack at it ⁰imo.
Points taken, but I would have held off on the new contract. I am prepared to give him next season regardless.

Back