Im still standing strong with the Gaffer.

I think everyone wants Gerrard to be a success but that doesn't mean he gets free reign.

Like it or not the truth is he is failing at several very important things and needs to improve quickly.

Not many managers would get the forgiveness he is getting. Here's hoping he takes full advantage of it and gets the team performing

We constantly accuse other teams of raising their game against us but maybe we're just as guilty of raising our game against the scum?

He still has my backing but yesterday was yet another example of a Rangers manager post-2011 getting schooled by a much more experienced coach who, unfortunately, seems to have his number. If there's anger over yesterday it's that we've seen it all before.

I didn’t expect us to win the title this season so as disappointed as I am about results this past week, I’m not entirely surprised where we are in the table today.

We’re closer to Celtic (and despite the hysteria on here since yesterday, still actually in a title race, albeit in a weaker position than we were this time last week) and we’re still in European competition.

Put everything else aside Gerrard is delivering progress.

I expect that to continue next season.

That always felt like a more reasonable juncture to judge him on.

I said it at the start of the season

There are two reasons that will be the cause of it if we don't win the league this season

1) we were further away than any of us thought when gerrard took over

2) Celtic have a wonder year

Not one of them is Gerrard's fault. We absolutely have to stick by gerrard

For the team to come back and repeat exactly what they did last year after the winter break is unforgivable as far as I'm concerned and certain players are needing dropped.

Points taken, but I would have held off on the new contract. I am prepared to give him next season regardless.

The new contract made sense as it protects us and puts us in a stronger position when he lifts a league title. Obviously a risk if it goes in the shitter but, a risk worth taking imo.

The new contract made sense as it protects us and puts us in a stronger position when he lifts a league title. Obviously a risk if it goes in the shitter but, a risk worth taking imo.
Time will tell, I sincerely hope you he gets it right.

I didn’t expect us to win the title this season so as disappointed as I am about results this past week, I’m not entirely surprised where we are in the table today.

We’re closer to Celtic (and despite the hysteria on here since yesterday, still actually in a title race, albeit in a weaker position than we were this time last week) and we’re still in European competition.

Put everything else aside Gerrard is delivering progress.

I expect that to continue next season.

That always felt like a more reasonable juncture to judge him on.

My biggest concern was that despite the fanfare, we were never going to win the league last season. He was a rookie manager up against a guy who'd won two trebles in a row. It wasn't going to happen.

Therefore, we were essentially going into this season not entirely knowing whether or not he had what it takes to win us the thing, or at least take us further. I don't think anyone could argue with the progress part of that but I still firmly believe that a manager with miles on the clock and a thorough knowledge of managing in Scotland/a team with big expectations would have seen us win the league last year and this.

Anyone who thinks we need a change of manager needs A long hard look at themselves

Someone behind me yesterday shouted for Gerrard to get to %^*& out!! Unbelievable I told him to get to %^*&!

It was frustrating yesterday but some people needs to think before they speak

I’m sure he will be here next season regardless of how this season pans out and I’m all for that. I’m still confident he will get us where we want to be

My biggest concern was that despite the fanfare, we were never going to win the league last season. He was a rookie manager up against a guy who'd won two trebles in a row. It wasn't going to happen.

Therefore, we were essentially going into this season not entirely knowing whether or not he had what it takes to win us the thing, or at least take us further. I don't think anyone could argue with the progress part of that but I still firmly believe that a manager with miles on the clock and a thorough knowledge of managing in Scotland/a team with big expectations would have seen us win the league last year and this.

Next season will be the time to judge him.

There’s going to be real pressure on him to deliver and I think that’s pretty fair.

Next season will be the time to judge him.

And that's just not good enough for me.

When Mark Warburton promoted us from the Championship there was an organised Tifo taking up the whole of the Govan Stand reading "Going for 55." And now we're being told that we can't judge Gerrard until year three?

I'm sick of the Rangers board giving the most prestigious management post in the country to untried and untested managers and having to wait it out to judge their success.

I still think Gerrard is the right man for the job. I think what he has done in a season and a half is impressive.

Unfortunately we aren't the Rangers of 20 years ago and we have to look at where we have been over the last 5/6 and judge him on that

I’m with you mate. Constructive criticism is fine but calling for him to be sacked is madness and will spill over onto the park.
we still have a lot of points to play for
While we were all angry and frustrated with that yesterday, the sheer madness on here is really hard to fathom at times.

Absolutely agree, the progress under Gerrard has been brilliant - this notion would have been laughed at a month ago.
The wailing from the virtual football manager's is beyond embarrassing, they type lengthy posts as if they hold any weight.
Everyone can have an opinion, being a critic is the easiest job in the world. Unless it benefits our club it is useless self aggrandizement.
Here are the facts, we are in a much better place than we have been in over 8 years on the park. The club itself is in the best position in more than that.
To do what we have in the last few years has been incredible and time should be afforded to the management team. Short term thinking would only cost us in the long run.

The progress we've made under SG is undeniable , even compared to his first season never mind the Warburton and Pedro eras , but that doesn't mean he's beyond criticism .
I've said before , some of the football I've watched this season is as good as Ive seen for a long , long time .

Some of the stuff i,ve read on here lately has been an embarassment .
Steven Gerrard is one of the best new talents to emerge in managment in recent years and we are extremelly fortunate to have him at our club . It is often said everyone is entitled to an opinion . Spending time round here certainly tests that to the absolute limit.

And that's just not good enough for me.

When Mark Warburton promoted us from the Championship there was an organised Tifo taking up the whole of the Govan Stand reading "Going for 55." And now we're being told that we can't judge Gerrard until year three?

I'm sick of the Rangers board giving the most prestigious management post in the country to untried and untested managers and having to wait it out to judge their success.

Reality’s a bitch, huh?!

I’m still 100% behind him, but his inability to change our formation/tactics for certain games, and then blaming the players for his mistakes is seriously grating on me.

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.

I don't think any right thinking Bear is calling for Gerrard's head, in fact I will state right now, title or not, he should be given a further season. However it is only right that our lacklustre performances and results since the break be given serious comment, just why the wheels have come off so spectacularly needs answering.

I am a glass half empty Bear so I believe we have now blown our title hopes. However I firmly believe he is the right man to rebuild our club and get us back to the top. It might take a season longer than we all wanted but I believe we are only a couple of pieces away from being a fine side, unfortunately we might just have to suffer a hiccup or two (like our results this past week) along the way.

PS. SG wants our success almost as much as we do, failure for him is not an option as it might just close the door on his dream of sitting in the Anfield hot seat one day.

Just a few weeks back, most felt that Gerrard was doing really well, so talk of him not being up to is both premature and ridiculous. However, his after match interview yesterday was sufficiently uninspiring to suggest that our manager knows that he is facing a problem which he needs to get a grip of.

No matter what happens this season ,if they win the league we can't get rid of him, in my opinion he's still the best chance we have of stopping 10 in a row.

No matter what happens this season ,if they win the league we can't get rid of him, in my opinion he's still the best chance we have of stopping 10 in a row.

Agreed. Stupidly getting rim of him now - when only a few results going a certain way would see us right back in the hunt - would stop the momentum we have and would see us starting from scratch again and hand 10 in a row on a plate.

We are still improving under the manager. Success will come if we continue to back him imo. I’m not concerned with the over critical and over reacting nonsense on this site as long it doesn’t spread to the support at the games.

I know we have thrown away 5 points in 2 games and no matter how I try and dress it up we are all gutted, frustrated, annoyed, angry or whatever other emotion Bears are feeling.

After going to that cesspit and winning before the winter break we put ourselves in a very strong position. To surrender that with two lackluster performances is a hard pill to swallow.

I've tried to stay away from here since the full time whistle yesterday as emotions where running high, and rightly so.

But, I am still standing with the gaffer and believe he will get the lads firing again like they where in the last couple of months running upto the game against that mob. I am confident we will find that swagger again and will take 3 points off them at Ibrox.

Keep the chin up Bears the team needs us to rally round and support them not back off and leave them fighting this fight alone.

No Surrender Bears.
Totally agree,I couldn't believe people on here were calling for his head, ridiculous. He can't legislate for players not showing enough,especially when Alfie and Kent have hit a slump,maybe we're too reliant on them.

We are having a good season. Yes, we have have the odd hiccup, but overall he has done well- and the season is far from over.

Not a lot you can do when they are having such a great run-nearly any other season we would be clear at the top with dropping so few points

The league cup final we were miles better than them, and but for some horrific officiating we could and should have won.

We are all disappointed with our start after the break but now is not the time too question the managers position. He is still the man for the job and for me no matter how the season goes will be next season.

Finally, their resources and wage bill is much greater than ours so it was always going to be a tough challenge to win the league.... and yet we are still in the mix

Since he's came in he has progressed us no doubt, however he's still very weak tactically.

Terrible substitutions and an inability to change the game from the sidelines will cost him if he doesnt learn quick.

He's now staring down the barrel at another season without silverware which is unacceptable.
Yeah he's tactically naive, Steven Gerrard knows nothing about the game!!!!
NEVER READ SO MUCH CRAP, it's embarrassing to read the children on here because of 2 bad results

Yeah he's tactically naive, Steven Gerrard knows nothing about the game!!!!
NEVER READ SO MUCH CRAP, it's embarrassing to read the children on here because of 2 bad results

So you would genuinly say Gerrards use of subs are effective?

Have you ever seen him change a game with change in tactics/ formation?

The most embarrassing thing is idiots like you who have your head so far up Gerrards arse hes beyond criticism.

Just because he was a world class player doesnt mean hes good tactically.

Gerrard is learning but fans have short memories man. They actually think we are Rangers under the Murray era.
of course it is going to take time. Gerrard will get it right.

I've said this before, but building a good first 11 is one thing, building a squad resilient enough to cover injuries and bad form is another. We've got certain people and positions that are now clear they are utterly crucial to our game (Tav, Moreles, Kent etc). If they're injured our out of form, we're a much poorer team.

Football is a very thin margin. Had Alfie had taken his chance I’m sure we would have held on maybe got a second. He didn’t probably still a bit rusty. It your comparing us to them and the money they’ve had to spend and where we’ve come from then sorry it’s not an even playing field. Especially with the current set of referee.

So you would genuinly say Gerrards use of subs are effective?

Have you ever seen him change a game with change in tactics/ formation?

The most embarrassing thing is idiots like you who have your head so far up Gerrards arse hes beyond criticism.

Just because he was a world class player doesnt mean hes good tactically.
Please tell me you're not really saying someone who played for the length of time he did at the very top of European football, in c/mid , doesn't understand the game and know what it takes to win. Clowns on here criticising thought he was the 2nd coming a month ago

Questions are rightly being asked if the manager.

His loyalty to certain players

His predictable tactics and line ups

His subs

His inability to change a game

He’s taken us a long way no doubt about it I’m not sure if he has what he takes to win a competitive league though.

Saturday was so hard to take we played right into Aberdeen’s hands and were absolutely clueless on how to do anything about it.

I've said this before, but building a good first 11 is one thing, building a squad resilient enough to cover injuries and bad form is another. We've got certain people and positions that are now clear they are utterly crucial to our game (Tav, Moreles, Kent etc). If they're injured our out of form, we're a much poorer team.
The squad was and is unbalanced. 4 wingers in a team that doesn't play with wingers.
Only two strikers for most of the season.
Players who never get a chance outwith Gerrard's chosen few.
Two years in a row where we have come back after the winter break flat.
Dropping points to Hearts and Aberdeen too often.
We are all in with Gerrard given the new contract. I wouldn't have been so quick to give him the extension.

If they win another treble on his watch then he should be under real pressure regarding his job.

Gerrard is learning but fans have short memories man. They actually think we are Rangers under the Murray era.
of course it is going to take time. Gerrard will get it right.

Time is really something we don’t have we need to start winning trophies and soon for both financial and prestige reasons.

If and I stress the word (IF) the absolute worst happens this season we’ll be going into next season against a yahoo side chasing 5 trebles in a row and 10 titles.

I’m not sure just how much longer we can continue to sit in our hands and keep saying well maybe next year we’ll be better?

Gerrard is without a doubt the right man for us at this moment in time.

However, I think it's ok for fans to be pissed off and question why we keep making the same mistakes.
This. We have improved undoubtedly but he/the players don't appear to learn from repeated errors. This is rightly a concern to us and worthy of comment and criticism.

Please tell me you're not really saying someone who played for the length of time he did at the very top of European football, in c/mid , doesn't understand the game and know what it takes to win. Clowns on here criticising thought he was the 2nd coming a month ago

This is what scares me with our support.. mainly on FF to be fair.

Any criticism of Gerrard and his playing career is brought up as a counter argument.

Anyone who argues Gerrards use of substitutes are positive or that hes good at changing a game through different tactics are clearly clueless.. for the most part his subs are questionable and his ability to change formation during the 90 mins is non existent.

I think a lot on here are so in awe of our superstar manager they cant see past that and ultimately cant see the same mistakes he continuously makes.

Back