Alfie new deal?

I'm going to be a doom-monger just for the sheer sake of it and interpret those emoticons as going from Scotland to sign a contract in sunny Colmobia.

Up yees...

Maybe there was an agreement that if he stays until the end of the season he gets an improved deal to stop him leaving in January there. Only thing I can think of.

Love the wee man but not sure the point in giving him a new deal when he's already the highest earner at the club, if he picks up another red card it will be some amount in wages just to have him sitting in the stands.

Hopefully not. We need to stop handing out new contracts to players who are already signed long term. Giving Morelos what feels like his 20th contract extension in 2 years when their side have zero leverage would just be silly. You wont see too many teams giving a guy who has 3 and a half years left on his deal a new contract, especially at this level

Just a hinch but maybe nothing to do with a new contract. The guy could be here to deal with things that have happened off field recently. Morelos is obviously an asset to his agency and they could be in town to make sure that matters are dealt with in Alfie' favour.

£45m release clause, agent makes it public, agent also gets say a £2m bonus. See who bites. My wee theory

While it would be great I can't see it given the number of new contracts already. Hopefully I'm totally wrong!

I know the photo in the OP is from Instagram but I note there's nothing on Michael Gorman's Twitter suggesting anything going on with Alfie/at Ibrox.

Better not ask sky to translate the message! New contract would be a bonus tho as have been assuming that he will be off in the summer.

He’s currently well secured under a contract. Adding more wages & time to his current deal isn’t going to boost his value.

Only his goals will.

As far as I am aware he will be down to 2 years this summer. If the summer passes and we fail to receive a suitable offer, his value will progressively diminish as his contact runs down.
If he has indeed signed a new contract then I am all for it as it will safe guard any transfer we would receive when he does move on.

Why,he just signed an improved extension under 12 months ago?
14 goals in Europe far this season may have promoted a new deal, if this is the case.

Despite media attempts to play it down he is one the form strikers in European football just now.

If it's a higher minimum fee release clause then I'm all for it. Win win situation
My understanding - from someone who claims to know and should know - is that his current contract has no minimum release clause.

Back