Supporter jailed for "touching" players?

All a bit strange. If the players were fearful or alarmed they wouldn't have shook his hand.

It seems like he was going to get away with it until shouting abuse at stewards or at least that's how it reads.

Maybe not though.

Let me get this right. He got six months for shaking Rangers players hands ? Imagine what other football fans would have received for physically assaulting Rangers players, like at Hampden, for instance. ? :rolleyes:

Sounds like other stuff has gone on apart from shaking hands to be fair o_O

I mind when this happened we all watched it as the lad came from the stand we were in the players looked as if they were just telling him to get off the pitch and ignored him for the most part but wee holt was the one who was mostly speaking to him and probably telling him he was going to get the jail now... yet another story twisted by the media it seems.

Sounds like other stuff has gone on apart from shaking hands to be fair o_O

The use of 'touching' in the terminology rather than simply sticking with 'shaking hands and embracing' as they report elsewhere in the article certainly suggests something 'odd' went on. Then again, maybe that's the author's intention.

I mind when this happened we all watched it as the lad came from the stand we were in the players looked as if they were just telling him to get off the pitch and ignored him for the most part but wee holt was the one who was mostly speaking to him and probably telling him he was going to get the jail now... yet another story twisted by the media it seems.

Was he trying to feel their baws or anything like that?

Was he trying to feel their baws or anything like that?

Hahaha didnt look like it from where i was at the front of the stand basically he went up to Alves he got patched tried to go to other players and they mostly patched him too then Holt stopped him talked to him looked like he told him to get off and once that never worked the players all walked away took the stewards ages to get to him it seemed.

It's still a disgrace he was treated so harshly. The country is sewn up by the mentally challengeds in every walk of life.

No stewards went near him, he basically had his arm round holt all the way down past the half way line with holt what looked like telling him to just go back to the stand.
Stewards got him at the stand and he started playing up.

End of the day shouldn't be on the pitch, I dare say his previous has more to do with his sentence than anything else.

Let me get this right. He got six months for shaking Rangers players hands ? Imagine what other football fans would have received for physically assaulting Rangers players, like at Hampden, for instance. ? :rolleyes:

Exactly, they have a fan run on during a CL match and aim a kick at one of the most expensive players in football and walks he from court free but, this Ranger's fan shakes hands with Ranger's players but is jailed!

I think that a fine, community service and a set period ban from attending matches would have been sufficient. I do not see the point of imprisoning anybody for something like this.

Was it " exuberant " touching aka Hivs supporters ?
Was it " Torbett style " touching aka Piggery Carpet ?
Was it " over excited Ranger's Fan with a bit too much drink ?.........That's it ! Guilty as charged M'Lud Hang him and feed his remains to the pigs .

I doubt it was 6 months for that alone. The fact he has 20 previous convictions obviously plays a part. If it was a lad with no previous convictions he wouldn't have got 6 months, that's for sure. The lads past has came back to bite him in the ass and it will continue to unless he stays out of court!

Edit: someone beat me to it

I think that a fine, community service and a set period ban from attending matches would have been sufficient. I do not see the point of imprisoning anybody for something like this.
I can see were you're coming from mate but 20 previous? Was asking for it.

Sheriff Lindsay Foulis told him: "I am quite sure professional footballers do not appreciate supporters running on to the pitch to embrace them and shake their hands."

Right - so why did you allow Hibs fans to not only run on the pitch but assault our players? Why did you allow them to get away with it?

6 months for embracing players? If prior crimes are taken into account then how come McGowan is allowed to assault more police officers?

The sheriff seems like a bigot to me.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.da...s/celtic-pitch-invader-who-tried-11325663.amp

No jail here, seems it's the fellas past that's caught up with him.

No jail here either, it seems the past only catches up with certain people. Rangers fans and Rangers players it would seem.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/apr/15/paul-mcgowan-dundee-spared-jail-police-assault

It was McGowan’s third such conviction for assaulting a police officer; while a St Mirren player he was sentenced to 130 hours of unpaid work and handed a one-year supervision order in January 2014 after admitting kicking two officers.

Once ruffled Davie Coopers hair as he came out the tunnel at Ibrox, he told me to %^*& off.
Which delighted me and all the lads I was with, high fives all round.
Used to love standing in the enclosure.

The word "touching" these days is used when talking about inappropriate sexual acts/crimes etc.

Rangers hating STV know exactly what they were doing by using this word in the context of Rangers. C.unts !!

This is exactly the impression I got. When you imply that someone has been jailed for "touching" someone it gives the impression that it was sexually.

Seems like a twisted agenda at work here.

Back