Supporter jailed for "touching" players?

"Touching". What menacing language. He hugged them and shook their hands. Also I'll be fucked if I am taking the coppers' words for what the Rangers players thought.

This is exactly the impression I got. When you imply that someone has been jailed for "touching" someone it gives the impression that it was sexually.

Seems like a twisted agenda at work here.
Definitely a twisted agenda mate. It's the Scottish mhedia - it's a story involving Rangers - they will try and blacken us and our fans name at every opportunity. "Touching" was not required in this context. Would they have used that headline if it had been a mentally challenged ? Of course not. Fair and balanced reporting does not exist when it comes to us.

Oh right You can charge on in an exuberant manner trying to menace cunts but hugs n handshakes gets you jailed bonnie fucking scotland at it's best.
C.unts stabbing guys, neds dealing drugs - getting less - yet you get 6 months in jail for a friendly hug of your heroes on a fooball pitch. Ok - he has previous stuff, but on this occasion did no actual harm done to anyone.

Definitely a twisted agenda mate. It's the Scottish mhedia - it's a story involving Rangers - they will try and blacken us and our fans name at every opportunity. "Touching" was not required in this context. Would they have used that headline if it had been a mentally challenged ? Of course not. Fair and balanced reporting does not exist when it comes to us.

I agree. Make no mistake. Touching was used for a reason.

Right - so why did you allow Hibs fans to not only run on the pitch but assault our players? Why did you allow them to get away with it?

6 months for embracing players? If prior crimes are taken into account then how come McGowan is allowed to assault more police officers?

The sheriff seems like a bigot to me.
The McGowan case is a disgrace.

Let me get this right. He got six months for shaking Rangers players hands ? Imagine what other football fans would have received for physically assaulting Rangers players, like at Hampden, for instance. ? :rolleyes:
Eh.... Let me think about that wee grenade you threw in. I'm as daft as you, it's open season on us.

There is something not right with the punishment handed out to Rangers fans who meet with the justice system, compared to any other Scottish football fan, compare with the hibs thugs on the Hampden pitch 'touching' our players. What about the young Gers fans seriously assaulted by morons from the celtc football fraternity.
I wonder why this is?

Although the guy has a history of crime, 6 months for entering the pitch and hugging the players and shaking their hands!
Spot on, especially after the sentences dished out to the hibs fans at the cup final who were intent on harming our players, not hugging them!!!

W.A.T.P.

Worthy of a word by plod
CGV2_vHWgAAzMl3.jpg

Rangers supporter. Go directly to jail for celebrating with the team.

Here's the Scotsman's report on it, which surprising no one doesn't make it sound so Pervy and i think the fact he was pinned to the ground by police may have something to do with the sentence

Wednesday 06 December 2017 A Rangers fan who alarmed several of the club’s players by “touching” them on their bodies has been jailed for six months. READ MORE - Rangers to make fresh approach for Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes Junior Redmond was also banned from all football for 30 months after a court heard he had locked several Rangers players in a drunken embrace. Perth Sheriff Court was told that Redmond had caused “alarm and annoyance” to eight players at the end of their 3-0 SPFL win over St Johnstone. Redmond ran on to the pitch at McDiarmid Park in Perth after his team won the match and shook hands with or embraced almost every one of the Rangers players. Sheriff Lindsay Foulis noted Redmond had a long criminal record and told him his behaviour would have concerned the players involved and could have incited opposition fans. He said: “Your involvement commences with your invasion of the pitch which could have incited opposing fans to behave in a disorderly manner. “I am quite sure professional footballers do not appreciate supporters running onto the pitch to embrace them and shake their hands. “Thereafter, once you were lifted you continued with this disorderly behaviour by shouting and swearing.” He banned Redmond from all football in the UK or abroad featuring professional clubs from any of the leagues in Scotland, Wales and England, as well as from international matches. Redmond admitted that during the match between St Johnstone and Rangers on 13 October he conducted himself in a disorderly manner and ran on to the field of play. He admitted breaching the peace by “approaching several professional players on the pitch and touching several of them on the body” before shouting and swearing at stewards and police officers. READ MORE - Derek McInnes may have to quit Aberdeen to speak with Rangers - reports Redmond, 25, Haghill, Glasgow, had been in the South Stand but left his seat at the end of the match and ran on to the pitch. He then ran up to the Rangers players as they left the pitch and “shook hands and embraced them”. The police said the players were “alarmed and annoyed” by Redmond’s actions. After touching eight players he was captured by stewards and taken to the exit of the stadium but he began to have a heated argument with them. Security footage of the incident was reviewed and Redmond was found to have spent almost a minute approaching players as they entered the tunnel after their 3-0 win. Redmond - who has 20 previous convictions for a variety of crimes - was arrested by police and they discovered there were outstanding warrants for his arrest over unpaid court fines. He was allowed to phone his friend and fellow Rangers supporter Ryan Galloway to ask if he could pay the fines off for him and he arrived on the scene outside the stadium. When Galloway saw that the police had his friend pinned to the ground in handcuffs he ran over and started hurling foul-mouthed abuse at them. Galloway, 32, from Glasgow, admitted behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear or alarm by acting aggressively and shouting and swearing at police officers. Galloway was ordered to carry out 200 hours unpaid work. He was not made subject to a football banning order as the sheriff ruled his offence was not directly related to the match.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/perth/fan-jailed-for-six-months-after-touching-rangers-players-1-4632526

Last edited:
I can see were you're coming from mate but 20 previous? Was asking for it.

There was absolutely no malice in the guy's actions. As another poster pointed out, the tim who attacked a PSG player on the field at Parkhead got at fine.

The boys previous has got him garaged probably. Outstanding warrants also. Let's not shed a tear HOWEVER the real story is that the mhedia have spun the story to show us in a negative light.

All a bit strange. If the players were fearful or alarmed they wouldn't have shook his hand.

It seems like he was going to get away with it until shouting abuse at stewards or at least that's how it reads.

Maybe not though.

That's the way I'm reading this as well.

It seems the drunken shouting at stewards and police officers is almost certainly what got him lifted. (Edit. Also his numerous unpaid fines and the outstanding arrest warrant)

Of course, the jnr editor in TimTV couldn't resist his own busted upbringing and unnatural church sunday school experiences influencing his choice of words. They are damaged goods that lot. Seriously fucked up in the head, and other places

Last edited:
Here's the Scotsman's report on it, which surprising no one doesn't make it sound so Pervy and i think the fact he was pinned to the ground by police may have something to do with the sentence

Wednesday 06 December 2017 A Rangers fan who alarmed several of the club’s players by “touching” them on their bodies has been jailed for six months. READ MORE - Rangers to make fresh approach for Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes Junior Redmond was also banned from all football for 30 months after a court heard he had locked several Rangers players in a drunken embrace. Perth Sheriff Court was told that Redmond had caused “alarm and annoyance” to eight players at the end of their 3-0 SPFL win over St Johnstone. Redmond ran on to the pitch at McDiarmid Park in Perth after his team won the match and shook hands with or embraced almost every one of the Rangers players. Sheriff Lindsay Foulis noted Redmond had a long criminal record and told him his behaviour would have concerned the players involved and could have incited opposition fans. He said: “Your involvement commences with your invasion of the pitch which could have incited opposing fans to behave in a disorderly manner. “I am quite sure professional footballers do not appreciate supporters running onto the pitch to embrace them and shake their hands. “Thereafter, once you were lifted you continued with this disorderly behaviour by shouting and swearing.” He banned Redmond from all football in the UK or abroad featuring professional clubs from any of the leagues in Scotland, Wales and England, as well as from international matches. Redmond admitted that during the match between St Johnstone and Rangers on 13 October he conducted himself in a disorderly manner and ran on to the field of play. He admitted breaching the peace by “approaching several professional players on the pitch and touching several of them on the body” before shouting and swearing at stewards and police officers. READ MORE - Derek McInnes may have to quit Aberdeen to speak with Rangers - reports Redmond, 25, Haghill, Glasgow, had been in the South Stand but left his seat at the end of the match and ran on to the pitch. He then ran up to the Rangers players as they left the pitch and “shook hands and embraced them”. The police said the players were “alarmed and annoyed” by Redmond’s actions. After touching eight players he was captured by stewards and taken to the exit of the stadium but he began to have a heated argument with them. Security footage of the incident was reviewed and Redmond was found to have spent almost a minute approaching players as they entered the tunnel after their 3-0 win. Redmond - who has 20 previous convictions for a variety of crimes - was arrested by police and they discovered there were outstanding warrants for his arrest over unpaid court fines. He was allowed to phone his friend and fellow Rangers supporter Ryan Galloway to ask if he could pay the fines off for him and he arrived on the scene outside the stadium. When Galloway saw that the police had his friend pinned to the ground in handcuffs he ran over and started hurling foul-mouthed abuse at them. Galloway, 32, from Glasgow, admitted behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause fear or alarm by acting aggressively and shouting and swearing at police officers. Galloway was ordered to carry out 200 hours unpaid work. He was not made subject to a football banning order as the sheriff ruled his offence was not directly related to the match.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/perth/fan-jailed-for-six-months-after-touching-rangers-players-1-4632526

And there you have it.

A full and comprehensive report of the incident.

As others have said, a deliberate use of words designed to paint Rangers fans in the same deviant light as FC Paedo in Glasgow's east end

Surprised the article didnt say that the "touched" Rangers players went straight to the offended unit in Perth and made statements demanding that fella's prosecution!

Right - so why did you allow Hibs fans to not only run on the pitch but assault our players? Why did you allow them to get away with it?

6 months for embracing players? If prior crimes are taken into account then how come McGowan is allowed to assault more police officers?

The sheriff seems like a bigot to me.
Sheriff Lindsay Foulis bans a supporter from every game in the UK or abroad, when did they get the power for this, sounds like the writer is a sexual deviant too. its all about touching.

gooogle search for hibs fans jailed for assault on Rangers players nothing

Back