Barcelona have been granted special permission to make an emergency signing

Is it a loan or permanent signing? The selling club could ask for anything knowing the situation.

Was reading this a few days ago. If they have someone out for 5 months or more then they can make an emergency signing for that position. Madness. What's to stop a team having a player get injured for 3 months, declare it as 5 then have him come back saying he's made a faster recovery?

It's a Spanish league rule.

Injury needs to be reviewed by am independent panel.

There is also criteria around the signing ( must be from within spain I believe).

Was reading this a few days ago. If they have someone out for 5 months or more then they can make an emergency signing for that position. Madness. What's to stop a team having a player get injured for 3 months, declare it as 5 then have him come back saying he's made a faster recovery?

The injured player is removed from the squad so can’t play again that’s season.

Has to be a free agent or someone already in Spain, also can't play in UEFA competitions. Still pretty ridiculous tbf.

A total embarrassment of a decision unless it's for a goal keeper.

Sorry your £100m winger is out, here go buy another.

Would it happen for a much smaller team? I think we know the answer to that.
Has to play in Spain or be a free agent , and any team can apply for the rule if they have a serious injury , don’t see the issue.

They have to provide the medical details and i imagine the player who is replaced would not be able to play until at least 5 months. Or possibly he’s removed from the squad for the rest of the season and replaced by the new signing , I don’t see the issue.

It’s not as if they have any reserve players or a world renowned academy.

That's them stuck with a strike force of Messi and Griezmann now. Feel sorry for them really.

I wonder which La Liga player they'll poach and whether that team will be allowed to replace him.

What is the point of having a set deadline date for transfers if it simply can be ignored? I can see the case of for an exceptional circumstances waiver for a goalkeeper, but not for an outfield player.

It's a Spanish league rule.

Injury needs to be reviewed by am independent panel.

There is also criteria around the signing ( must be from within spain I believe).
Can’t help but think this can be exploited a little or used tactically.

Don’t see the value in having this rule, goalkeepers being the exception.

And to think ten years ago they were lording it up with no striker by their own choosing, the start of the old false 9 carry on.

Size of Barca and they don't have a capable reserve or youth player. Fair doos it's the rule but it's a ridiculous one unless it's for a keeper, even then there should be a backup / youth player.

The rule is set out at the start of the season, it applies to all the teams.

The thing is, I believe every player in Spain has to have a buyout clause in their contract, so unless Barca are willing to meet that, nobody will sell.

Willian Jose has a buyout of 90m but we’re willing to sell to Spurs for 40m. I hope they tell Barca it’s 90m or nothing.

Seemingly it’s a rule, but has to be a free agent or Playing in Spain. Seems a bit unfair to allow them to buy a player and weaken a rival team at this stage, though it’s probably only used by smaller teams normally. Don’t they have an academy, and a B team though??

So they have nobody else who can play there? They have not reserve/youth players they can call in? Bollocks of a decision. I am sure there was no need really.

Mind the time Real Madrid signed Thomas Gravenson Lol

Do you remember we were heavily linked with Julian Faubert from West Ham and then he ended up at Real Madrid?

He made it to Scotland in the end and played a handful of games for Killie.

Utterly bizarre.

A total nonsense. One of the richest clubs in the world and they've had two windows this season to buy strikers.

Back