Bye Dad

Sorry to hear that mate, Dementia must be so hard to watch a loved one suffer with, can't imagine how hard the past few years have been for you and your family.

sorry for your loss mate,my old man is going through his own battles with illness right now,we have went to games together for 40 years and it hurts that he cant make it anymore,keep your chin up

I can empathise with the OP on a personal level with losing a parent, it’s a loss we never really get over but all we can do is focus on the good times and see our parents smile on our own children’s faces and in their eyes , those fleeting but real moments make it worth going on .

Deepest condolences mate.

I pretty much go to every game, home and away, with my dad.

The bond you build through that is unbreakable.

He'll always be with you.
OP my heartfelt sympathies to you mate I have experienced what you have been through. However MU’s post above says it all brother. He will always be with you and no one can take that from you. He is by your side mate it’s just you can’t see his overcoat.
Take care and stay strong.

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
Nothing wrong with showing how proud you are of your Dad mate, keep all the happy memories to the fore and never be afraid of telling them.

sleep tight

Never sure how these kind of threads are received, was at my Dad’s funeral yesterday, he had been diagnosed with dementia since 2015, he had been a Motherwell fan but through me he eventually became a Ger and I went to countless matches with him.
I find it creeps up on me just when I think I’m ok, I felt I had to post a tribute to him.
sorry for your loss, dad took me to Ibrox in 1960 my first game aged 8 he passed away before the lovenkrands cup final,and still think of him and I've just turned 68,times not a healer my friend but what is ,is remembering all the good times you had with him going to see the gers or whatever ,cherish those memories,thoughts are with you at this sad time fellow bear,RIP dad

Back