New membership scheme

RH-Ibrox

Official Ticketer
Was sent this earlier.

I was at Ibrox today for the RSC focus group meeting on the future membership scheme. Lots of stuff spoken about and the basic principle of the scheme was laid out, however nothing is set in stone and the club are collating feedback before making a final decision. That being said some of what they are saying you can tell is 100% happening. I’ll try be as brief as I can and explain the basics:

• CCCS and the Travel Club are being scrapped
• Being replaced with a loyalty system which gets you points
• Points will be given for attending home games (every time it’s swiped for a game you get points), Using seat sub if you can’t go.
• End goal is to give points for buying merchandise and using club facilities for functions etc etc
• Home game points are worth more than away games, an example was give that it could be a home league game is worth 20 points but an away game 5 points.
• Points will also be given for attending friendlies
• The Scheme will start by putting everyone into a tier system - Gold, Silver and Bronze.
• Your position in this is determined on your loyalty over the last 5 years
• It rotates in a similar manner to the travel club, but will be done every 3 years
• Away tickets will be distributed similar to how buses work, a top down points system
• They are still looking into the best way to involve RSCs, atm they are considering putting RSCs into a tier system like above rather than A+, A etc and then splitting the tickets by a %
• They are looking at charging RSCs a membership fee to join, or charging them a per head figure for each member.
• This is to eradicate “ghost buses / clubs” which rangers have made clear is an absolute priority for them.

That is the basics and it’s still very much getting tweaked every day but this is effectively what’s going to girl the new membership scheme. No details over a price to join were given. What will happen now is they will collage all the feedback and then the feedback from the general fan base before setting out what they believe is the best solution. Either way it’s 100% changing.

The club are saying they are trying to please everyone but they want to reward those who travel everywhere, regardless of league position or opposition as best they can given the allocations we receive.

Will provide more when I have it, will also try a set any questions if a can or if not I will pass them on to the SLO who will provide an answer

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing that jumps out at me is how do they know who goes to all the away games to reward them? People are currently only getting 3 tickets a season from Ibrox and a lot may be passing at least some of those on. I get it’s just an idea at the minute but I can see a lot of unhappy fans and RSCs.

So nothing stopping folk buying tickets for away games to build up points and sell the tickets on
Just spoke about this in our chat, but how can you stop it the system just now people pass tickets on and hope for the so called big games anyway. The only way to police it correctly would be similar to travel club when you pick up ticket day of game with ID, I get that's not possible but every system they put in place is going to be open to abuse

So I pay for my three ST's up front and go to as many pre season games as I can (allowing for holidays). That starts me of well? I don't want to go to all away games with my two kids and want to pick and choose more local games. if I don't take tickets for a couple of the away games does that push me to the back of the loyalty list? How does it work for this scenario?

Think more points for paying ur season ticket upfront, holding functions and buying merchandise is a lot of shit.

But think loyalty scheme sounds gd getting more points for going and watching the pure shite games

So I pay for my three ST's up front and go to as many pre season games as I can (allowing for holidays). That starts me of well? I don't want to go to all away games with my two kids and want to pick and choose more local games. if I don't take tickets for a couple of the away games does that push me to the back of the loyalty list? How does it work for this scenario?

If done on a points system then you will get a chance it depends how points you have

100+
90+
80+
and so

This what my English club Sunderland does plenty other bigger clubs have loyalty schemes

Coventry away 1st March allocation is 3200
subject to availability, tickets will be on sale via the following phases…
25 BCP – 9am on Mon 10 Feb ‘til 6pm on Tues 11 Feb
10 BCP – 9am ‘til 4.30pm on Wed 12 Feb
0 & members – 9am ‘til 4.30pm on Thurs 13 Feb
General sale – 9am on Fri 14 Feb

They have membership for non STH - game has gone to general sale

It says it. The last 5 years.

Which will be Warburton arrival season if including the end of this season
It would need to be from that season 15/16 onwards as a lot of people (myself included) boycotted the previous year. Makes sense to do that.

So scrapping the travel club, wonder how they will position those fans with most points

No matter what they do it will all come down to who you know

It will only work for a small number of people in the end who either buy all the tickets and don't go, resell them or give them away so that they get their pick of away trips.

Sounds ideal if you’re Glasgow based.
If you ain’t but have still follow followed all over Europe it won’t count.
As long as you’ve been at the friendly vs Blackburn Rovers.

But the point is rewards for money given into the Club. A Summer friendly, therefore, is of more consequence than an away tie in Europe.

On the Away ticket issue they could possibly put something in place like, most away tickets have barcodes if am correct you entry the number into our online ticket system on your account before ticket is scanned through the turnstiles. So basically the very last person with ticket in there hand gets the points. So the ones passing them on dont benefit

On the Away ticket issue they could possibly put something in place like, most away tickets have barcodes if am correct you entry the number into our online ticket system on your account before ticket is scanned through the turnstiles. So basically the very last person with ticket in there hand gets the points. So the ones passing them on dont benefit

Thing is someone has to get the ticket in the 1st place before it is passed on

It’s a total shambles.

It’s whoever has the most money to spend then they are essentially guaranteed a ticket.

Can someone explain how paying your season ticket upfront makes you a bigger fan than someone else who is paying it in 4 monthly instalments? That’s pathetic. Not only that but you also get points from using the club’s facilities for functions.

It’s just an excuse to price working fans out and it’s pretty appalling from the club. You’re already asking fans to pay for CCCS (Away, Cup games and European package) as well as the standard price of a Season Ticket...

Am I the only one who thinks this?

I think what is being proposed is fraught with inconsistencies and will cause more issues than it solves.
Fans that are not from WOS would be unfairly assessed in terms of their loyalty. Is it fair to say that someone from WOS who attends 20 home matches is more loyal than a fan travelling from Plymouth/Belfast/London etc who attends 15 matches.
The cost, time and difficulty attending Sunday matches should not see those fans from far flung places be treated as secondary in terms of loyalty.

It’s a total shambles.

It’s whoever has the most money to spend then they are essentially guaranteed a ticket.

Can someone explain how paying your season ticket upfront makes you a bigger fan than someone else who is paying it in 4 monthly instalments? That’s pathetic. Not only that but you also get points from using the club’s facilities for functions.

It’s just an excuse to price working fans out and it’s pretty appalling from the club. You’re already asking fans to pay for CCCS (Away, Cup games and European package) as well as the standard price of a Season Ticket...

Am I the only one who thinks this?

Nope.

And I’d imagine most ST holders pay in instalments...especially those with families.

But last person to get ticket will have option to entry barcode into there online account last . It will then cancel out anyone else who has entered it

Kind of see where you coming from but I don't know still open to abuse at some point

Plus tickets are technically non transferable

In my opinion, it should be about the number of games attended and that's all. A lot of the other points boil down to who has more expendable money, and that's just not the right way to go. A lot of fans in lower incomes budget a lot to be able to make every game, and this is just going to price out a lot of these fans from being able to make away games.

In my opinion, it should be about the number of games attended and that's all. A lot of the other points boil down to who has more expendable money, and that's just not the right way to go. A lot of fans in lower incomes budget a lot to be able to make every game, and this is just going to price out a lot of these fans from being able to make away games.
It’s going to kill the atmosphere at away games in my opinion.

Back