New membership scheme

As someone who lives outside of Scotland and subscribes to the unlimited RTV package I think it's right that you get points for that.

It's a £200+ a year investment into the club and getting some points to allow you to attend Ibrox when you are back home is justified.

It's become perfectly obvious on here that any membership scheme is going to be a waste of time.
Too many factions looking after their own interests and I bet you a fair proportion of them would be supportive of chucking fans out of their seats for safe standing.
The club will do as they want despite focus groups input.
This became very clear in a previous post from the SLO when he said that it won't be feasible to put the full outcome to the fans.
it be up to Rangers to wow the fans with a scheme. Market the product on a scale not a half hearted attempt

Haven’t seen this mentioned yet, although may have missed it.

In a tiered system how will the friends and family groups work, if the members fall into different tiers due to their own personal circumstances? Presumably you would only qualify as a group for the lowest ranked members tier, yes?

While FF only represents a small %age of supporters it is clear from a lot of posts that there is not universal agreement in this proposed scheme. Back to the drawing board IMO, although it does look to be a back door route to having fans pay more, without really improving anything.

As an aside take RTV, it has seen a a 20-30% increase in costs to subscribe since they revamped it and the product hasnt changed to any degree.

Personally I find the stream to be much better quality. Others don‘t but that’s not my point. When was the last increase in RangersTV subs? I saw someone post they had a receipt from 2015 at £17.25 so it’s 5 years - at the very least. It might even be longer. I’d hazard a guess that it was £17.25 as far back as 2011/2012, possibly even further back.

An increase was long overdue. It’s a big one but it’s for the purchaser to decide whether it represents value-for-money to them. It is for me because I only get to Ibrox a handful of times a season and I have a problem-free stream. I accept that’s not the experience of others though, for multiple reasons.

Personally I find the stream to be much better quality. Others don‘t but that’s not my point. When was the last increase in RangersTV subs? I saw someone post they had a receipt from 2015 at £17.25 so it’s 5 years - at the very least. It might even be longer. I’d hazard a guess that it was £17.25 as far back as 2011/2012, possibly even further back.

An increase was long overdue. It’s a big one but it’s for the purchaser to decide whether it represents value-for-money to them. It is for me because I only get to Ibrox a handful of times a season and I have a problem-free stream. I accept that’s not the experience of others though, for multiple reasons.
Nothing to do with quality of stream. Its the product that hasnt changed much. Has ST prices increased by 30% as that is what my personal costs for RTV has risen by? And I buy a ST just to ensure am in the TC as I dont live in the UK. This membership scheme is purely an attempt by the Club to get the support to dig deeper in their pocket.

I

Don't disagree with that point but the point I'm making is the whole point of the matter is why should you get a point when you aren't attending a match

Because someone has forked out £600-£1000 on a season ticket knowing they aren’t going to make every match, but have still committed that money to the club. We have supporters all over the UK and many of them work shifts/offshore etc, and know they won’t manage every game, yet still fork out a huge sum of money to the club. I’m not getting why this would irk you.

Nothing to do with quality of stream. Its the product that hasnt changed much. Has ST prices increased by 30% as that is what my personal costs for RTV has risen by? And I buy a ST just to ensure am in the TC as I dont live in the UK. This membership scheme is purely an attempt by the Club to get the support to dig deeper in their pocket.

As a season ticket holder you will know better than me how much ST costs have risen over the years surely. How much was your ST in 2012? A debate on the cost of RangersTV takes us off topic though.

All that said, I don’t disagree with your last sentence. The membership scheme IS intended to get more money into the a club. Isn’t that what many were looking for? Sadly, it’s not about a better ‘product’ for the fans other than some minor tinkering around the edges. It was always going to be thus. The Club will do their best to ensure they bring in maximum income for the least effort or cost to themselves.

Except for newbies coming onto it and get big games or small allocation games before you .
Point system is way forward
So the same people get tickets every game??
I’ve no intention of going back to away games but if my son wants to go to an away game now and again I’ve no chance because I’ll not have enough points??

How many of our current season ticket holders do we reckon fall into the under 5 years category

In a tiered system how will the friends and family groups work, if the members fall into different tiers due to their own personal circumstances? Presumably you would only qualify as a group for the lowest ranked members tier, yes?

Every person allocated on their own merit: if more than 1 person in a cccs group are successful, the club will then sit people together

No guarantee you’ll get same games though as you’re own personal points determine who’s successful.

I pay upfront for season ticket. Take all home games (Including Freindlies).

I have been one of those 'Not going to another away ground again' fans since 2012. Wouldn't even go to their place, if got offered a ticket.

Never been away in Europe (accept Manchester)

All I want is a chance at getting tickets for Semis and Finals.

Not sure what one suits me.

I do feel for fans that go to every game.

Some commitment, and money!

Points for buying merchandise and using club facilities for functions hahahahahahah

For those old enough, they will remember when the Govan Stand was built we had the Premier Club. The increased cost of your season ticket got you access to the club in Edmiston House (always good pre and post-match) plus a 10% discount on merchandise. It’s not really a new idea.

One of my regrets from back in the day was moving from the Govan Rear up to the new Club Deck when I bought my bonds.

We’ve had fans moaning on here/social all season they can’t get tickets for away games and there’s easily about 1,000 unsold tickets

Absolutely embarrassing considering we have around 16,000 on the away cccs scheme.

No wonder the club realise the away cccs needs looked at

We’ve had fans moaning on here/social all season they can’t get tickets for away games and there’s easily about 1,000 unsold tickets

Absolutely embarrassing considering we have around 16,000 on the away cccs scheme.

No wonder the club realise the away cccs needs looked at
Do you really think that you will get people to pay £30 for a ticket against St Johnstone on a Sunday for a game live on TV when the league looks effectively over?

Of course it isn't right but it's reality.

Do you really think that you will get people to pay £30 for a ticket against St Johnstone on a Sunday for a game live on TV when the league looks effectively over?

Of course it isn't right but it's reality.

Yes I do. Would we have sold out if we were neck and neck in the league?

So effectively what you’re admitting is that we’ve got glory hunters in our support?

Fans who support thick and thin should get first dibs on tickets next season - maybe this loyalty scheme will sort out the fair weather followers and ones who go everywhere after all

Yes I do. Would we have sold out if we were neck and neck in the league?

So effectively what you’re admitting is that we’ve got glory hunters in our support?

Fans who support thick and thin should get first dibs on tickets next season - maybe this loyalty scheme will sort out the fair weather followers and ones who go everywhere after all
Yes we have otherwise we would have sold out today and yes , I agree with you the loyalty scheme if run correctly should work.

We have always had glory hunters, I remember in the past when people were desperate for tickets for a home game against Aberdeen when it looked like we would win the league but we dropped points first and people were no longer as interested. Likewise a game at Tannadice when the same happened and we were left with tickets.

I have no interest in away games since 2012 but even if I did have a ticket our bus was full so I wouldn't have got there anyway on a Sunday.

Yes we have otherwise we would have sold out today and yes , I agree with you the loyalty scheme if run correctly should work.

We have always had glory hunters, I remember in the past when people were desperate for tickets for a home game against Aberdeen when it looked like we would win the league but we dropped points first and people were no longer as interested. Likewise a game at Tannadice when the same happened and we were left with tickets.

I have no interest in away games since 2012 but even if I did have a ticket our bus was full so I wouldn't have got there anyway on a Sunday.

The fans who’ve chucked it will be the first to moan next season when they can’t get a ticket.

Constantly see posts/tweets about us being the best fans in the world etc and we can’t even sell out a 7,000 away allocation because we’re behind Celtic. Today must be first game in years we’ve not came close to selling out our away allocation

If the tickets had have arrived on time, they would have balloted and every ticket sold to those on cccs and we would not be having this conversation

If the tickets had have arrived on time, they would have balloted and every ticket sold to those on cccs and we would not be having this conversation

But they weren’t balloted and thousands on it who complain about only having 2 or 3 all season didn’t bother buying them.

Whatever way you look at it, it’s embarrassing

But they weren’t balloted and thousands on it who complain about only having 2 or 3 all season didn’t bother buying them.

Whatever way you look at it, it’s embarrassing
Embarrassing isn’t a word I’d use to describe a 7k away support on a Sunday afternoon in Perth.

So the same people get tickets every game??
I’ve no intention of going back to away games but if my son wants to go to an away game now and again I’ve no chance because I’ll not have enough points??
You’re right mate I hate that attitude why should any young boy or girl be denied a chance of the experience how is that their fault it’s a selfish attitude

Because someone has forked out £600-£1000 on a season ticket knowing they aren’t going to make every match, but have still committed that money to the club. We have supporters all over the UK and many of them work shifts/offshore etc, and know they won’t manage every game, yet still fork out a huge sum of money to the club. I’m not getting why this would irk you.
Totally agree, however, they should put on seatstub so as club gets extra revenue.

Yes that was mentioned at the meeting, the hope is say in regards to Livi away you'd all be together but obviously finer details have to be ironed out..

I know in Leeds membership scheme its possible when you are buying home tickets for 1 person to log on and buy 3 tickets with 3 different membership numbers so should be easy enough to do

@Greg Marshall with RSCs possibly being charged a membership fee or per head next season, any chance the club could drop the cost of the commercial fees for the European qualifiers? £240/£250 was simply too much per game for a club of our size (cat c) in the south of England.

Back