New membership scheme

Loyalty system sounds promising in parts .

The rest of it just stinks of a money making scheme with the merchandise, using club facilities.

Spend as much money as u can in the hope of getting tickets!
Quite ambitious of the club to be planning a loyalty based scheme which includes merchandise when we have someone like James Blair up against SDI

I'll fall into this category. I get over to Ibrox approx 5 times a season but go to the majority of euro away fixtures.

Under the new scheme, I reckon I'll still get to a few of the less attractive euro away games, but as soon as we draw a big team or are playing in a good city (Amsterdam etc) then I'll have no chance of getting a ticket.
So you prioritise away games in Europe over and above the games at Ibrox that actually provide the club with income and you’re complaining?

Appreciate that you can’t attend every home game and some away matches are handier, but you absolutely should not be getting tickets for Euro away games at the expense of fans who make a greater financial contribution to the club.

So you prioritise away games in Europe over and above the games at Ibrox that actually provide the club with income and you’re complaining?

Appreciate that you can’t attend every home game and some away matches are handier, but you absolutely should not be getting tickets for Euro away games at the expense of fans who make a greater financial contribution to the club.

It's not his fault we have 5 home league games between last week of January and the 1st week of March, like I said fans who stay 50-100 miles away are then punished for working or whatever reason

It's not his fault we have 5 home league games between last week of January and the 1st week of March, like I said fans who stay 50-100 miles away are then punished for working or whatever reason
Yes, that’s a tough and I sympathise with fans from Ulster or down south when it comes to midweek games.

But I’m pointing out that some fans prioritise Euro away games above all else and that is fundamentally wrong.

If you don’t go to home games, you simply shouldn’t get tickets for away domestic or away Euro before fans who contribute financially to the club by buying home tickets.

So will those who boycotted to help rid the club of spivs be punished re loyalty?

Has this been covered or taken in to account?

@Greg Marshall
I was wondering this myself. Season ticket holder for over 30 years when Dave King asked me not to renew. Still went to every game taking a ticket from my supporters club and bought a season ticket again when Dave King asked me to. Bit unfair if I lose out for doing as requested

I was wondering this myself. Season ticket holder for over 30 years when Dave King asked me not to renew. Still went to every game taking a ticket from my supporters club and bought a season ticket again when Dave King asked me to. Bit unfair if I lose out for doing as requested
I’ve had my ST for 30 years now with that 1 season gap where I still bought match tickets every week.

The “length of service” is a tough one. We don’t want younger fans who are the future of the club being discouraged by older bears hoovering up all of the tickets based on decades of support, but loyalty needs to be rewarded without it being a closed shop.

We don’t want the away support to be like Dad’s Army.

Post 500

Loyalty will only count from season 2015/16 for season tickets and 2016/17 for CCCs

Yes, that’s a tough and I sympathise with fans from Ulster or down south when it comes to midweek games.

But I’m pointing out that some fans prioritise Euro away games above all else and that is fundamentally wrong.

If you don’t go to home games, you simply shouldn’t get tickets for away domestic or away Euro before fans who contribute financially to the club by buying home tickets.

So in your view, it’s now about who gives the club the most money deserves the tickets? Instead of the loyalty scheme, the club should just keep tabs on how much each fan gives per season and then they distribute tickets accordingly that way?

Due to family circumstances and where i live, it’s much, much easier for me to get to away games in Europe (if I can) than get over to Scotland regularly. I still pay almost as much as a season ticket for RTV etc.

Of course the fans that have season tickets, go to away games and euro games deserve tickets ahead of me. My complaint is the new system will basically kill off any chance of getting a ticket again over time. I simply won’t be able to build up the points required.

they wont be regarding loyalty points if they put their seat on seatsub early enough or give the ticket to someone to use

So this hare-brained scheme means that instead of paying for the travel club that I do want, I have to pay for a scheme that includes domestic aways and semis and finals? So now I apply for tickets that I don't want potentially depriving someone who does want them and sell them on to someone who might not even be on the scheme.

Great plan to cut those applying for tickets.

So this hare-brained scheme means that instead of paying for the travel club that I do want, I have to pay for a scheme that includes domestic aways and semis and finals? So now I apply for tickets that I don't want potentially depriving someone who does want them and sell them on to someone who might not even be on the scheme.

Great plan to cut those applying for tickets.
Not really that different to what happens now.Some tickets will always pass through several hands and folk will always abuse any ticketing system to their own advantage.
(Not directed at you,mate)

Not really that different to what happens now.Some tickets will always pass through several hands and folk will always abuse any ticketing system to their own advantage.
(Not directed at you,mate)
Wouldn't it be better running 3 schemes then. Travel club as is and similar setups for aways and finals. I have no wish to play the system but if that's what it comes down to then I probably would and so would others I would think.

This proposed scheme is little more than a money making exercise dressed up to address loyalty. Do you think the club would rather decrease the amount applying for away tickets or increase the amount but charge each for the privilege of doing so?

Much easier to sort travel in Europe when you’re a 2 hour drive to major German travel hubs than making re-arranged midweek games

The 2 Luxembourg guys travel most places in Europe and both buy their STs, safe in the knowledge they won’t make every game. Seat sub will help them but harsh to have a go at the guys

Post 500

Loyalty will only count from season 2015/16 for season tickets and 2016/17 for CCCs

Only way they can do it fairly in my opinion. Good to know they’ve taken feedback from the first meeting on Wednesday as I’m led to believe this flaw was brought up at that meeting

Glad they took it on board for the Thursday meeting

I

Don't disagree with that point but the point I'm making is the whole point of the matter is why should you get a point when you aren't attending a match

Because you are putting more finance back into the club the season ticket holder and rangers share the money from subseat if you pass it onto a mate you get points and full cash but you run the risk of not getting sold for St Mirren at home

Interesting as a non season book holder this would push season ticket holders into using sub seat if they can’t go. That would be far better than the many empty seats for most games that are visible at the match, but not available to buy on line.

Also any reason why non season ticket holders couldn’t be included and get points / a shout at away tickets under this scheme? I’ve been to all home games in person except Celtic (due to no public sale) and would score reasonable well.
If I can't go, my ticket goes to a mate or a felllow supporters club member. Price. Usually just a donation to the supporters club ( whatever they can afford) I don't think I'll ever use seat sub.

If I can't go, my ticket goes to a mate or a felllow supporters club member. Price. Usually just a donation to the supporters club ( whatever they can afford) I don't think I'll ever use seat sub.
Then you will get the points as if you had attended.

My big gripe is in regards to the Travel Club. Should be left as is with a few minor tweaks. There already is a loyalty scheme in effect for members that works, and if it returns to pick up only in the location then all the better.

Then you will get the points as if you had attended.

My big gripe is in regards to the Travel Club. Should be left as is with a few minor tweaks. There already is a loyalty scheme in effect for members that works, and if it returns to pick up only in the location then all the better.

Quite a few guys said this at the meeting

So a scenario like this season we have 3 home games in a week, your relation gets took into hospital on match day you can’t attend your mind isn’t on rangers or sub seat so you miss the game no point added, your relation is poorly needs a lot of care again your minds on your relation & miss the game again & no sub seat, your relation gets home the following week which again is match day last thing on your mind is the match or sub seat that’s you lost 3 games not your fault but as a customer we’ve to pay extra for the pleasure & these set of circumstances will just be counted as tough luck

I get that mate, and it’s what I used to do when I’d a season ticket to (had to give up for financial reasons).

But now as a non season ticket holder I wish, and appeal to, season ticket holders that can’t make the game and who haven’t passed their ticket on, to make it available on seat sub.

There are lots of empty seats at the majority of games, many of which non season ticket holders don’t get a chance to buy.

Let's be honest, CCS ibox was only really ticked for semis and finals to get a better chance of a ticket. Even with that you still missed out now and again.
Will I get a better chance now without CCS?
I buy my 2 season tickets via installments to spread the cost.
Not interested in away games
I'm not going to buy an event.
I'll never use seat sub. If I can't make it it's usually last minute ( but I try and gift the ticket so it's used)
Club Merchandise....well thats just a pie and a Bovril it seems these days. Do I get a point for eating a pie? iI'm in the 2 tops per year category for my boy with the odd rangers dog collar ( for the wife) but if there is an Ashley association, I will spend hee haw.

So am I better or worse off than I was with CCS?

I'm not going to try and buy points just to get to a shit Hampden, that's for sure. Pub/beer/ TV and a good view of the game...nothing wrong with that when it comes to Hampdump. I'd accept that without too much complaint if I can't get a ticket now and again. I spend more.than enough already. I won't be spending more to try and buy brownie points.

I get that mate, and it’s what I used to do when I’d a season ticket to (had to give up for financial reasons).

But now as a non season ticket holder I wish, and appeal to, season ticket holders that can’t make the game and who haven’t passed their ticket on, to make it available on seat sub.

There are lots of empty seats at the majority of games, many of which non season ticket holders don’t get a chance to buy.
I understand that if you can't get the ticket used. I'm always gonna try and use it amongst my own circle though before dropping it into seat sub and 'hoping' it gets sold.
Now if the club are serious about seat sub, upgrading ticket's etc. Give us all an app that can accommodate our needs and make it really convenient.

I can't make it and want to use seat sub. Let me me click a button on my phones fan app to release my seat within seconds
My son can't make it and I want to upgrade and take an adult instead. Give me a button to press on my fan app to pay for that upgrade.
I can't make it and my son wants to take a friend, give me a button on my fan app to downgrade my ticket to a juvenile..
You want to buy a ticket, press a button on your fan app and purchase quickly via the app. Your phone can be your ticket to scan in or you can print your own paper one ( think boarding cards)
Club wants to track what I spend be that pies, strips etc, give us an app we can spend via. If I hand over £50 cash in J&D for a Rangers strip in the future, how they gonna record that brand loyalty?

Last edited:
While FF only represents a small %age of supporters it is clear from a lot of posts that there is not universal agreement in this proposed scheme. Back to the drawing board IMO, although it does look to be a back door route to having fans pay more, without really improving anything.

As an aside take RTV, it has seen a a 20-30% increase in costs to subscribe since they revamped it and the product hasnt changed to any degree.

Spoke about this in one of my group chat. All agreed that even though it's not perfect we had no issues with CCCS scheme.
That’s the feeling amongst our group,too.Current system not perfect but better than this,which sounds like a money making fiasco.

Spoke about this in one of my group chat. All agreed that even though it's not perfect we had no issues with CCCS scheme.
Except for newbies coming onto it and get big games or small allocation games before you .
Point system is way forward

So in your view, it’s now about who gives the club the most money deserves the tickets? Instead of the loyalty scheme, the club should just keep tabs on how much each fan gives per season and then they distribute tickets accordingly that way?

Due to family circumstances and where i live, it’s much, much easier for me to get to away games in Europe (if I can) than get over to Scotland regularly. I still pay almost as much as a season ticket for RTV etc.

Of course the fans that have season tickets, go to away games and euro games deserve tickets ahead of me. My complaint is the new system will basically kill off any chance of getting a ticket again over time. I simply won’t be able to build up the points required.
Just buy a ST and put every game on seat sub, surely the cost of that will be minuscule compared to your numerous euro trips. You can still fly in for the OF games if you so wish, you will get some money back if the club sell your ticket for any games, and you’ll get lots of points to put toward future European away trips.

Or keep a separate European section for bears outhwith Scotland

If you go everywhere from Buckie Thistle to Ufa ect then you deserve more than someone who can only do one or the either

Just buy a ST and put every game on seat sub, surely the cost of that will be minuscule compared to your numerous euro trips. You can still fly in for the OF games if you so wish, you will get some money back if the club sell your ticket for any games, and you’ll get lots of points to put toward future European away trips.
Great idea, let's deny someone who wants a season ticket but can't get one because of the waiting list to artificially build points. I didn't include that one in a previous post about how daft this is :))

Or keep a separate European section for bears outhwith Scotland

If you go everywhere from Buckie Thistle to Ufa ect then you deserve more than someone who can only do one or the either

How would that then work mate? Would a % get kept aside for foreign members and then rest balloted through membership scheme?

Doesn’t sit right with me someone’s domestic record could get them ahead of a TC member who goes to half the games, for example.

we haven’t means tested the people attending however the membership is way beyond just away tickets. That was the focus of last nights meeting but we also have non-ST memberships, kids and overseas. Benefits, experiences, prizes all included in every option.

in some of the focus groups we had non-ST holders and having a membership allows them to build up their loyalty points. Can also give them a priority window for buying home tickets as right now they sell out so quickly.
That's was my thinking, tickets should just be the tip of the iceberg. Theres a whole lot more to Rangers than that. Kids competitions, soccer school discounts, more benefits, tours, merchandise, points on lunches. Digital stickers for things like fb. I'm a follower of teams around the world as a football fan in general and theres so much we can tap into and grow the brand. I'd love to see more in your ideas and marketing when launching rangers products. Need to market and use our PR to a whole different level than what we've been used to.

That's was my thinking, tickets should just be the tip of the iceberg. Theres a whole lot more to Rangers than that. Kids competitions, soccer school discounts, more benefits, tours, merchandise, points on lunches. Digital stickers for things like fb. I'm a follower of teams around the world as a football fan in general and theres so much we can tap into and grow the brand. I'd love to see more in your ideas and marketing when launching rangers products. Need to market and use our PR to a whole different level than what we've been used to.
All that works great for a voluntary scheme, this is effectively a mandatory scheme for tickets and you need to take all or nothing. As far as I'm concerned I have no interest in any of that so why should I have to sign up to it as part of the ticket package?

It's become perfectly obvious on here that any membership scheme is going to be a waste of time.
Too many factions looking after their own interests and I bet you a fair proportion of them would be supportive of chucking fans out of their seats for safe standing.
The club will do as they want despite focus groups input.
This became very clear in a previous post from the SLO when he said that it won't be feasible to put the full outcome to the fans.

How would that then work mate? Would a % get kept aside for foreign members and then rest balloted through membership scheme?

Doesn’t sit right with me someone’s domestic record could get them ahead of a TC member who goes to half the games, for example.
Well their personal accounts and location be taking into account

Rangers are hiring staff for this so would image a bit of common sense ....

Well their personal accounts and location be taking into account

Rangers are hiring staff for this so would image a bit of common sense ....
So another daft suggestion that can be solved by leaving the travel club as it is?

So another daft suggestion that can be solved by leaving the travel club as it is?
Well if they take the record from travel club to start off the domestic travel club then suppose but who knows

Back