New membership scheme

Agreed it’ll become a closed shop but the club see it as a revenue stream.

Over the last 2 seasons we’ve lost 6,700 approx x2 for the games at parkhead and potentially 4,000 x2 for Rugby park, from the ticket pool. That roughly equates to 21,000 tickets that have been lost which potentially means fans would’ve got another game

I realise only 50% of those tickets would’ve went to cccs (if using the basic 50/30/20 split) but people can’t overlook that.

It has been a disaster for the club considering the away cccs has the most people signed up than it ever has

Now with St Johnstone giving us more it will ease the blow slightly. No scheme will every be perfect for away tickets.

That's because it's a lottery just now between 15000 people and buses only get 1 ticket each.

Even if it’s not a lottery, I can guarantee 550 won’t cover people who’ve been to virtually every game this season (taking away Celtic)

And that is why low point holders will never get a chance to become Top tier making it a closed shop unless someone explains to me differently

When my boy is old enough I’d like him to experience some of the things I’ve got to but he’ll never get the chance. As oversubscribed as the cccs was it gave you a chance
I think the current system is better than what is being proposed.
I try and get to every away game but I’ve only had two tickets from Rangers,like many others.Other tickets I pick up from various different sources,100 mile round trips on a Monday night,standing around in the rain at lunchtime waiting to meet folk,looking on Twitter etc.Away tickets don’t just appear.
No matter what system the club go with,if you want to go to away games you will need to do some work as there simply isn’t enough tickets to supply the demand.

Even if it’s not a lottery, I can guarantee 550 won’t cover people who’ve been to virtually every game this season (taking away Celtic)

Correct, but it will dramatically increase their chances and the tickets that are distributed will go to people who deserve them.

the way it should be

The club have openly said they don’t want it to become a closed shop though so the scheme absolutely isn’t going to do that.

It’s already been said that some tickets will be ringfenced for people on lower points to give them a chance at a ticket.

Ultimately you could be on maximum points and still miss out on a game based on this new scheme. That’s a fact

My issue has always been with the semis and finals. I think the lottery system only really benefits those who paid but didn't bother to go to earlier rounds etc. whereas the folk who paid and attended (or sold back or passed on their tickets) had their chances diluted. That's where I think a loyalty based scheme was needed. I don't tend to go to away games, especially not since we came back up. But there's been the odd one circumstances have allowed for but ultimately the ticket availability put me off even trying.

My issue has always been with the semis and finals. I think the lottery system only really benefits those who paid but didn't bother to go to earlier rounds etc. whereas the folk who paid and attended (or sold back or passed on their tickets) had their chances diluted. That's where I think a loyalty based scheme was needed. I don't tend to go to away games, especially not since we came back up. But there's been the odd one circumstances have allowed for but ultimately the ticket availability put me off even trying.
Under the current system 26,000 sign up and commit money to the club via the home cccs.If the club took actual attendance into consideration those that sign up but live hundreds of miles away (and sometimes can’t/don’t attend)wouldn’t pay for the home cccs and the club would lose guaranteed income.

The club have openly said they don’t want it to become a closed shop though so the scheme absolutely isn’t going to do that.

It’s already been said that some tickets will be ringfenced for people on lower points to give them a chance at a ticket.

Ultimately you could be on maximum points and still miss out on a game based on this new scheme. That’s a fact
for certain games like st johnstone, kilmarnock and motherwell........

knew this at the derby game in pre season

Then what is the point of his role if the club just implement stuff against the fans wishes? Surely he should be fighting our corner instead of being a yes man.

decisions being made have been backed up with fan surveys, focus groups and more.

Happy to discuss directly but I’m certainly not a yes man on this project. I believe in the principles behind it and think it will ultimately benefit fans and the club.

Agreed it’ll become a closed shop but the club see it as a revenue stream.

Over the last 2 seasons we’ve lost 6,700 approx x2 for the games at parkhead and potentially 4,000 x2 for Rugby park, from the ticket pool. That roughly equates to 21,000 tickets that have been lost which potentially means fans would’ve got another game

I realise only 50% of those tickets would’ve went to cccs (if using the basic 50/30/20 split) but people can’t overlook that.

It has been a disaster for the club considering the away cccs has the most people signed up than it ever has
What does the club make on away ticket sales? I thought it all went to the home team

for certain games like st johnstone, kilmarnock and motherwell........

knew this at the derby game in pre season

Yeah, but if you then miss out on them games, you risk dropping further down the list for your Celtic/Aberdeen etc

I’m surprised to see you supporting the scheme and once you find out the actual logistics, I think your perception will change

Yeah, but if you then miss out on them games, you risk dropping further down the list for your Celtic/Aberdeen etc

I’m surprised to see you supporting the scheme and once you find out the actual logistics, I think your perception will change
as said we have the foundations for this new idea am all for loyal supporters getting tickets and maintaining their points , its travel club in many ways.

But am on fence until full finalised detail is released.

its called not overreacting

Surprised if the CCCS was to go - I thought at was a guaranteed money spinner, with folk buying tickets for all games in the hope of getting lucky in the semi/finals ballots.

I guess if points mean prizes the same purchasing habits will apply.

as said we have the foundations for this new idea am all for loyal supporters getting tickets and maintaining their points , its travel club in many ways.

But am on fence until full finalised detail is released.

its called not overreacting

Sit tight and wait for the details to come out;

- first come, first served for buying a ticket. Just your luck if you’re unable to get a ticket before someone with less points (points being bracketed)
- potentially miss out on a game because someone with way less points gets priority to ensure it’s not a closed shop

So say you miss out because of either 2 permutations, you can then slide down the priory points list.

I know full well you’re one of the guys that go everywhere and you fully deserve your ticket but based on clubs plans it doesn’t guarantee a ticket. You’ll be on max TC points etc so you’ll start at the top but could quickly change if you miss out on a few tickets due to the new distribution method

There’s 10k on the CCCS at the moment, reasonable to suggest most have been on it for a while, all season ticket holders and tick the home boxes, and so would likely qualify as Gold.

Theres around 16k I’m away cccs I’m sure

Sit tight and wait for the details to come out;

- first come, first served for buying a ticket. Just your luck if you’re unable to get a ticket before someone with less points (points being bracketed)
- potentially miss out on a game because someone with way less points gets priority to ensure it’s not a closed shop

So say you miss out because of either 2 permutations, you can then slide down the priory points list.

I know full well you’re one of the guys that go everywhere and you fully deserve your ticket but based on clubs plans it doesn’t guarantee a ticket. You’ll be on max TC points etc so you’ll start at the top but could quickly change if you miss out on a few tickets due to the new distribution method
I like you bud, your true to the royal blue and one of a few people I would stand by on the subjects.

but unless you are in the ticket office and in the know for this new scheme, then you dont know fully

Gold members will take priority over all and if its like the TC we will be given time slots to purchase the tickets before it gets passed on .....just like Braga

its not worth stressing about now mate, they cant kick good travellers down to accommodate those who pick and choose.

Under the current system 26,000 sign up and commit money to the club via the home cccs.If the club took actual attendance into consideration those that sign up but live hundreds of miles away (and sometimes can’t/don’t attend)wouldn’t pay for the home cccs and the club would lose guaranteed income.
Yeah I get that, I’m looking at it from a fans perspective rather than a money maker.
No scheme will ever work fully imo

I like you bud, your true to the royal blue and one of a few people I would stand by on the subjects.

but unless you are in the ticket office and in the know for this new scheme, then you dont know fully

Gold members will take priority over all and if its like the TC we will be given time slots to purchase the tickets before it gets passed on .....just like Braga

its not worth stressing about now mate, they cant kick good travellers down to accommodate those who pick and choose.

You've been banging the drum for RSC allocations for a long time. Has this changed as this scheme suits you personally more?

You've been banging the drum for RSC allocations for a long time. Has this changed as this scheme suits you personally more?
if they are included then good, wont know till it happens
if RSC's are recognised for their support and passion then its all good

we haven’t means tested the people attending however the membership is way beyond just away tickets. That was the focus of last nights meeting but we also have non-ST memberships, kids and overseas. Benefits, experiences, prizes all included in every option.

in some of the focus groups we had non-ST holders and having a membership allows them to build up their loyalty points. Can also give them a priority window for buying home tickets as right now they sell out so quickly.

So potentially you had a host of people with money to get to the top tier making suggestions based on what would suit their income to price thousands of others out potentially?

A loyalty system in theory is a good idea, but on the surface this is convoluted and manipulative into driving folk into parting with even more money to save face.

Membership will receive priority access to domestic away league and cup.

away European will exclusively be members.

semi/finals the barrier is cccs but will also be driven by loyalty so membership is an advantage.
Greg ,thanks for the reply , so is the idea that you pay a membership fee ,you will then ballocaeieith
Membership will receive priority access to domestic away league and cup.

away European will exclusively be members.

semi/finals the barrier is cccs but will also be driven by loyalty so membership is an advantage.
Thanks for the information Greg

Tickets should always be allocated based on previous games attended and whether you are a ST holder.

Not comfortable with people potentially moving up the q because they got points for buying a Ryan Jack duvet

I think an admin has to delete the parts in the first post about merchandise, functions and method of paying for season tickets.

Been told by the SLO multiple times that it's not true but people keep on mentioning it.

with what weighting though. Does buying a t shirt in the club shop give you the same points as your travel club point? I’m open to most ways of trying to improve system but travel club should be entirely separate

Merch isn't included in the historic points total at all.

If in the future any extra loyalty outside of ticketing I think would be very limited so as to ensure there is no massive manipulation of the points system

Still not entirely sure at what folk are angry about.

Do you buy a season ticket ?
Do you go away to any match the club give you a ticket for ?
Do you go abroad with Rangers ?
Have you been doing that for 5 years ?

Congratulations you are probably ‘Gold’ tier

I think the current system is better than what is being proposed.
I try and get to every away game but I’ve only had two tickets from Rangers,like many others.Other tickets I pick up from various different sources,100 mile round trips on a Monday night,standing around in the rain at lunchtime waiting to meet folk,looking on Twitter etc.Away tickets don’t just appear.
No matter what system the club go with,if you want to go to away games you will need to do some work as there simply isn’t enough tickets to supply the demand.

I agree but those who feel they are more entitled can make enough noise and the club can jump on it and make cash from it.

Is the Travel Club as a separate ticketing entity being completely subsumed into the new membership scheme, so there's no need to join it as a member, etc?

Back